Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data?

Discus and support Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I received a "message when your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud, usually after you play offline". I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by masuarezRF, Mar 3, 2020.

1. masuarezRF
    masuarezRF Guest

I received a "message when your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud, usually after you play offline". I was "given the choice of which saved data to use, the
    locally saved or the cloud saved version". I selected the "cloud saved version" thinking it was latest, only to realize it wasn't. Is there any way I can recover my local saved data, which is indeed my latest saved game data?

:)

masuarezRF, Mar 3, 2020
  2. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

I want to use locally saved over cloud saved games but it's just my preference
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

If you choose the cloud save it is going to pull it down and overwrite the local save.
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

most games will automatically load the most recent being the cloud unless you do many manual saves also like i do on final fantasy games out of habit more than anything or to make sure i have a backup save i can revert to if it auto saves at a point like
    me having really low health at the edge of battle. if it hasn't over written the local save i would go to the in game options, go to load game and see if the manual save is there. if it isn't then its either been erased if you have had to clear local saves
    for any reason usually to fix a previous problem or the cloud save has overwritten it.

this is not something that happens often be sure to check the given save times before loading up if you are given a choice in future.

best regards.
  5. Galenrandir23 Win User

Hungry Shark World Achievements

I did check the site, and no one had any suggestions. Only one person said they cleared their local and cloud save and started a new game which got it to work. Problem is the game is a super grind and I've unlocked a ton of stuff which I don't want to do
    again.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to backup my save. clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement and then reload my save. I have 2 Xboxs, would it be possible to install the game on my second Xbox, clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement,
    clear local and cloud save again, then fire up my main Xbox with my game save on it?
  6. DanMen334 Win User

it's more common than the data in the cloud is the latest, but maybe to recover your data you need to start the game again and choose the data saved locally
Thema:

1. Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data? - Similar Threads - Locally saved cloud

2. "Local cache is full! Stats are no longer being saved. This can affect achievements and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Local cache is full! Stats are no longer being saved. This can affect achievements and...: So recently I've been getting a system notification sand I think its creating a lot of problems. I've already reset my xbox (unplugging it and plugging it back in) clearing local data, and messing...
  3. Games not functioning after clearing local saved data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games not functioning after clearing local saved data: So after clearing local saved games on my One X, Forza Horizon 4 no longer gets past the title screen and Red Dead 2 doesn't get past the account picker (which is before its menu screen). Before...
  4. Clearing local saved games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clearing local saved games: I am confused on what would happen if a selected "Clear local Saved Games" while I'm trying to clear up space on my Xbox. Will I have to re-download all my games? I don't understand it so if you...
  5. Signing into Xbox account after creating a local save

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing into Xbox account after creating a local save: So I started Outer Worlds without signing into my Xbox account and then saved my game locally. But the next time I launched it I signed in and wasn't able to load my local save. Any way to just...
  6. Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem: Hello: I hope I am in the right forum, if not, apologies, and hopefully the moderator can situate this post where it belongs... In an earlier post I surprisingly was well received in my...
  7. Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?: If so is there any documentation on how to go about finding and selecting those files and placing them in the game files? Metro Exodus can be an example. I've seen a window pop up before asking...
  8. Xbox uses cloud save instead of asking me if I want to use local or cloud save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox uses cloud save instead of asking me if I want to use local or cloud save: So I have been playing a game offline for a few weeks without any problems. Then i play it online, and it syncs my data without asking which save i want to use. I know theres no way to get my data...
  9. Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves: I am trying to copy a save from one computer (computer A), to another (computer B). The game in question is Resident Evil 7 (if it matters) I've been able to locate the saves and copy them over...
  10. Deleting cloud saves but keep local copy for sync issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting cloud saves but keep local copy for sync issues: Each time I start Fallout 4 the Xbox goes to sync cloud saves and takes hours to do so. I would like to delete those saves so the console does not sync to them. Then once the cloud is clear I...