Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Discus and support Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for both consoles. So which ports will I use for which console? Also, the main console is the xbox one.

:)

TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Hello

Port Forwarding will only work for 1 devices and then the other system won't be able to access the ports.

The best thing to do with multiple console is allow the Routers UPnP System to open and close the ports

On the Xbox One I would use Alternate Port Selection on the console since only port 3074 seems to affect NAT

If you have two or more Xbox consoles on your home network

From the Network Settings screen:

1. Select Advanced Settings.
    2. Select Alternate port selection.
    3. Select Manual.
    4. On the Select Port menu, select one of the options from the list.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.

Plus after doing this Restart your Modem/Router.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. ArminatorX Win User

If your router doesn't properly support UPnP to do everything automatically, you need to do the following:

On the Xbox 360, set up the console with a static IP. As the Xbox 360 can't use custom ports like the Xbox One as matthewiag described, you will have to forward Port 3074 to the Xbox 360 console IP.

Then follow the instructions from matthewiag to set up a custom port on your Xbox One. Forward that custom port number on your router to your Xbox One's IP (that you also set up as a static IP).

That should allow both your consoles to have an open NAT.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

in such situation the possible best solution is to have a router that can use UPnP which will 'automatically open ports' for a device when needed as mentioned on this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/multiple-xbox-one-consoles-one-router-open-and/46997d0f-3479-4636-91a4-e43070b4c018

An alternate option, which was confirmed to use for Activition games is the thing mentioned here:

https://portforward.com/portforward-two-xboxes/default.htm
    no guarantee it will work for other games though
  6. Malacath Win User

NAT strict all of a sudden for no reason.

Yes I do.

I annoys me that microsoft chose to use the same xbox live ports for xbox one that it does for the 360.

It means i'm forced to use UPnP which can be flaky.

If they would have used another port instead of port 3074 it would have been possible to set up port forwarding for both 360 and xb1 which would have meant less posts on these forums about strict NATs.
Thema:

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? - Similar Threads - ports port forward

2. : Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850: : Setting up port forwarding, xbox one, netgear nighthawk router model #R7850 Netgear Support follow instructions to get to your settings Open the following ports, making sure to utilize the...
  3. : I need help with port forwarding

: I need help with port forwarding: : I need help with port forwarding In every COD I've played this problems happens to me, what I do is going to network setting on the console and check multiple times my NAT type until it works...
  4. Port Forwarding for Lower Ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port Forwarding for Lower Ping: What Ports do you need to open for xbox one port forwarding to lower the ping? and what are the starting ,ending, and targeted ports? 7e7a55e2-27a9-482c-b710-a9687a2219c2
  5. Ports being filtered to my Xbox and Port Forwarding has seemed to no longer work after the...

in XboX Insiders
    Ports being filtered to my Xbox and Port Forwarding has seemed to no longer work after the...: Hello all. I have been having the same consistent issue for the past week or so right now. I have always had port forwarding setup from my Amplifi router to my Xbox and here recently my latency...
  6. NAT is open with only ports 88 and 3074 forwarded, why is that?

NAT is open with only ports 88 and 3074 forwarded, why is that?: NAT is open with only ports 88 and 3074 forwarded, why is that? I always set them up on my router but lately my issues are dns settings acf457df-8a69-46b2-90df-f6ad69e4b75e
  7. Port Forwarding Numbers

Port Forwarding Numbers: Port Forwarding Numbers Hey, this page has the list of ports and types. Hope it helps! https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live...
  8. : Port Forwarding for 2 XBox 1X Consoles

: Port Forwarding for 2 XBox 1X Consoles: : Port Forwarding for 2 XBox 1X Consoles I skipped the static IP step (due to cautious experimenting) and just changed out my box's port and moved my roommate's to the old port. Win! :D thank you...
  9. : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved

: I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved: : I have absolutely no idea on how to port forward for ARK: Survival Evolved Hello UnseamedSpace4, Thank you for keeping us updated. You may need to disable UPnP or DMZ and power cycle your...
  10. Port forwarding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Port forwarding: I need help with connection. Issues 38d76efe-5f47-4f3d-a931-0b2fa6374c6c