Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Discus and support Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

The thing is that in my situation, we're assuming that both consoles are being used at the same time. In other words, we can't use the same port(s) for both consoles. So which ports will I use for which console? Also, the main console is the xbox one.

:)

TheEarthNation5, Sep 5, 2019
  2. matthewiag Win User

Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network?

Hello

Port Forwarding will only work for 1 devices and then the other system won't be able to access the ports.

The best thing to do with multiple console is allow the Routers UPnP System to open and close the ports

On the Xbox One I would use Alternate Port Selection on the console since only port 3074 seems to affect NAT

If you have two or more Xbox consoles on your home network

From the Network Settings screen:

1. Select Advanced Settings.
    2. Select Alternate port selection.
    3. Select Manual.
    4. On the Select Port menu, select one of the options from the list.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.

Plus after doing this Restart your Modem/Router.
  3. T3chnlgydude Win User

4. ArminatorX Win User

If your router doesn't properly support UPnP to do everything automatically, you need to do the following:

On the Xbox 360, set up the console with a static IP. As the Xbox 360 can't use custom ports like the Xbox One as matthewiag described, you will have to forward Port 3074 to the Xbox 360 console IP.

Then follow the instructions from matthewiag to set up a custom port on your Xbox One. Forward that custom port number on your router to your Xbox One's IP (that you also set up as a static IP).

That should allow both your consoles to have an open NAT.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

in such situation the possible best solution is to have a router that can use UPnP which will 'automatically open ports' for a device when needed as mentioned on this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/multiple-xbox-one-consoles-one-router-open-and/46997d0f-3479-4636-91a4-e43070b4c018

An alternate option, which was confirmed to use for Activition games is the thing mentioned here:

https://portforward.com/portforward-two-xboxes/default.htm
    no guarantee it will work for other games though
  6. Malacath Win User

NAT strict all of a sudden for no reason.

Yes I do.

I annoys me that microsoft chose to use the same xbox live ports for xbox one that it does for the 360.

It means i'm forced to use UPnP which can be flaky.

If they would have used another port instead of port 3074 it would have been possible to set up port forwarding for both 360 and xb1 which would have meant less posts on these forums about strict NATs.
Thema:

1. Which ports do I port forward for xbox one and xbox 360 if they both are in the same network? - Similar Threads - ports port forward

2. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....
  3. : Port Forwarding to Xbox Live

: Port Forwarding to Xbox Live: : Port Forwarding to Xbox Live Hi Mathew, Did you read through and follow any steps in the links I posted? The PortForward website is particularly useful. Alternatively, please search Xbox.com...
  4. Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router

Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router: Port Forwarding from AT&T U-Verse 5268 AC Router No problem, very happy my hotel life has helped LOL! 93bc92ac-9629-4342-afa1-e0ca40bea443
  5. Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting: Hey guy been playing ark for while and jusy got the full game on windows store for cross play i i did all the ports for the xbox 1 but when i active my DMZ host my alternate port for my xbox...
  6. Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from Wifi even after port forwarding: Please Help! This is the most frustrating issue with my Xbox One X. I have seen previous questions and forums on this similar issue back when the X first was released and I have yet to find a...
  7. : Need help with port forwarding.

: Need help with port forwarding.: : Need help with port forwarding. Hi there, You can take a look at https://portforward.com/technicolor/tg789vn/ for guidance on how to properly setup the port forwarding....
  8. I need help with port forwarding NAT is open but port 3544 seems blocked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with port forwarding NAT is open but port 3544 seems blocked: After being unable to resolve, I removed port 3544 and am left with 88,3074,53,80,500,4500. What do I need to adjust to get port 3544 working properly? 03ce1b4c-eaab-4c60-bfc6-2d70fe519a57
  9. Port Forward

in XBoX on Consoles
    Port Forward: Split from this thread. I've been having a lot of trouble figurein out how the ports on my Xbox and router work. i cant figure it out and its causing me alot of lag in my games can someone reply...
  10. Hitron: Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT

Hitron: Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT Hi there, Thanks for the quick reply. Go ahead and add all the ports you have listed those are the correct 7 ports that must be added...