which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360

Discus and support which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360 My son has an old original Xbox 360. We are trying to connect it to the Xbox live. We have... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RoboCrafter150, Jan 3, 2017.

1. which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360

My son has an old original Xbox 360. We are trying to connect it to the Xbox live. We have learned that since it is an original Xbox 360 it needs a wireless adapter. We purchased what I thought was a basic wireless adapter. It is a Microsoft wireless
    adapter a/b/g. It is white with one little antenna. Is this the right adapter? Nothing happens when it is plugged in or when we go to the wireless setting, it just continues to say that we need a wireless adapter. I don't know if this adapter doesn't work
    or if we purchased the wrong one. Any advice would be appreciated...

:)

RoboCrafter150, Jan 3, 2017
  2. Uofmfan976
    Uofmfan976 Guest
    which wireless adapter?

I have a pro xbox 360 so I will need a wireless adapter to connect to xbox live.

My router is set to b/g/n mixed mode, so will I need the normal wireless adapter of the wireless N adapter?

Thanks

Uofmfan976, Jan 3, 2017
  3. vJDv
    vJDv Guest
    trouble getting connection of wireless device on xbox

Ok thank for the Xbox 360 you will need an xbox 360 wireless adapter The xbox 360 S has the built in Wi-Fi

for more help on this if you have an adapter go
    here

vJDv, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Jedi Galvatron Win User

Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?

That is a wireless Xbox 360 controller. The 3rd party adapter currently plugged into it will charge it's battery but not allow gaming via the wire. You'll need a PC/360 wireless controller dongle which will likely be quite difficult to find these days.
  5. vJDv Win User

trouble getting connection of wireless device on xbox

Ok thank for the Xbox 360 you will need an xbox 360 wireless adapter The xbox 360 S has the built in Wi-Fi

for more help on this if you have an adapter go
    here
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Xbox 360 WiFi adapter solid red won't connect?

7. Skeeter Quill Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller connected but not working on Windows 10

Hello there.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers only work on PC with the Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter, they don't work via they Play & Charge cable. Even when you use the cable with an Xbox 360, the controller still uses the Wireless to function and the cable simply provides
    power.

If you'd like to use a 360 pad with a PC, you either need a wired one, or you'll need one of these:

Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter.

Alternatively, you can use an Xbox One controller. With those, you can connect as you are with a USB cable, or you can connect via Bluetooth (If you have one of the newer controllers which have a rough texture on the back of the hand grips) or with an Xbox
    One Wireless PC adapter.
  8. taidara Win User

changing from wired connection to wireless connection

Thema:

1. which wireless adapter is needed for orginal Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - wireless adapter needed

2. Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...: My elite controller worked for a couple of days wireless with no issues. Today I get home from work and it disconnects from the computer and turns off all the way. I uninstalled the wireless...
  3. Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz: Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz Hi Brizza, I’m assuming from your post and replies that this is regarding the Xbox 360. From what I’ve been able to find the 360e supports 5ghz bands, while...
  4. Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC: Hi, i'm considering the new xbox controler Elite, yeah the expensive one :...
  5. Wireless controller - Bluetooth vs. Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless controller - Bluetooth vs. Wireless Adapter: When using an Xbox One controller for gaming on Windows 10, is there any preferred wireless method for connecting that controller? Will I notice any difference if I connect it using Bluetooth...
  6. What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?: Hi, I have a xbox elite controller, and I try to buy a wireless adapter to connect my controller to pc. But I was told that the regular wireless adapter (image below) cannot be used for elite...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: i need help

Wireless Gaming Adapters: i need help: Wireless Gaming Adapters: i need help is there an Arabic Xbox Chatpad or Multilanguage for x box one s I need to get one ??? de0d801d-2b00-4107-b90b-230e2436be44
  8. Ambit-Ubee Ambit-Ubee DVW3201B: Your Wireless adapter or whatever it is need some fixing! XBOX ...

Ambit-Ubee Ambit-Ubee DVW3201B: Your Wireless adapter or whatever it is need some fixing! XBOX ...: Ambit-Ubee (Modems/Gateways) Ambit-Ubee DVW3201B: Your Wireless adapter or whatever it is need some fixing! XBOX EMPLOYEES ONLY. you could make sure all accounts you are using have xbox live...
  9. Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?: My 3 year old 360 started kicking me out of Live, stalling when streaming, disconnecting from online apps, etc. a few weeks ago, and countless trips to the support pages didn't stop the issue. We...
  10. Wireless Controller Adapter keeps needing resync on PC startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller Adapter keeps needing resync on PC startup: I have an Xboxe One wireless adapter for my PC so I can use the Xbox One controller with PC games. Every time I restart my PC I have to resync my controller. Actually, it never even wants to...