While playing NBA 2K22 my Series X console shuts off.

Discus and support While playing NBA 2K22 my Series X console shuts off. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have played other games for longer periods of time on this same console but this issue seems to only occur while playing NBA 2K22 online. Each... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JUMPMAN JAY o, Sep 14, 2021.

1. While playing NBA 2K22 my Series X console shuts off.

I have played other games for longer periods of time on this same console but this issue seems to only occur while playing NBA 2K22 online. Each session I spend in a online game mode such as MyCareer, my console shuts off completely in the middle of playing. My console is well ventilated. I’ve tried every troubleshoot imaginable that are found in threads on this website but this problem still persists. NBA 2K22 is a game I enjoy and spend a lot of my free time on. PLEASE GIVE ME A CERTIFIED FIX FOR THIS ISSUE.

:)

JUMPMAN JAY o, Sep 14, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you?
    Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the game and it is necessary to wait for the developer to fix this issue.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

XBOX Series X Hard Crashes While Playing NBA 2K22

It seems to be a next gen issue for 2k22...this was also an issue on 2k21. Seemingly the last gen version is fine.

Interestingly, I am reading reports of it also affecting PS5s so it is not an Xbox problem but a Developer problem

Having said that, Xbox are working on the issue apparently:

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1437828744631054340?s=20
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry that you are going through this negative experience.

Microsoft, along with 2K, is working to resolve this issue on Xbox, which is apparently only happening in the next-gen version of the Xbox Series S/X game. The crash issue on the Microsoft website is directly linked with the shutdown issue as well.

*This information can be found at the links below.

https://www.dualshockers.com/nba-2k22-crashing-...

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/14378287...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, it is always a pleasure to help the community.
  5. cjw81 Win User

Thanks for the replies @Nursemorph and @MateusFontana.

I am glad to see the Twitter messages acknowledges the powering off issue, since my 2K ticket seemed to flat out deny that this could be related to the game and instead appears to be a hardware issue. Since the XBOX has not shown any signs of crashing on any other games, I don't think that is right.

Looking forward to tracking this fix and again thanks your input, it's appreciated.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

xbox Series X

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry that you are going through this negative experience.

Microsoft, along with 2K, is working to resolve this issue on Xbox, which is apparently only happening in the next-gen version of the Xbox Series S/X game. The crash issue on the Microsoft website is directly linked with the shutdown issue as well.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/14378287...

https://www.dualshockers.com/nba-2k22-crashing-...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, it is always a pleasure to help the community.
Thema:

1. While playing NBA 2K22 my Series X console shuts off. - Similar Threads - While playing NBA

2. My copy of sea of thieves has disappeared. I haven't played it in a while but it says I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My copy of sea of thieves has disappeared. I haven't played it in a while but it says I...: I don't know what happened but it doesn't say I own sea of thieves and if I sign into the Sea of Thieves event hub it says I don't have a pirate. 3b6ea444-bef8-41a4-aefa-b936ce5fe710
  3. Cpu drops while playing game drops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cpu drops while playing game drops: Hello i need help when i am not playing games the cpu speed is on the max turbo, but when playing game it drops until below the base the cpu speed it used be i try some method so i changed to...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes and Xbox Shuts Down While Playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes and Xbox Shuts Down While Playing: Hi, I recently bought Xbox Series S and installed Forza Horizon 4. After starting the game and playing for only 2-3 minutes, game crashes and xbox shuts down. Then Xbox opens normally with no...
  5. Severe controller issues while playing some games

in XboX Insiders
    Severe controller issues while playing some games: is there a way to downgrade the controller firmware ? if i chose to reset my xbox and keep all the games and app will it also restore the controller to factory firmware ? honestly i’ve had no...
  6. crashing and turn off xbox series x while playing online nba 2k21 next gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    crashing and turn off xbox series x while playing online nba 2k21 next gen: Hi...i just experience last night n this morning while playing online nba 2k21 net gen in my xbox series x...... i also have an xbox series s and i use it alternate..but it never crash in the...
  7. Series X Shutting Off while playing NBA 2k21 Next Gen

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Shutting Off while playing NBA 2k21 Next Gen: Hey everyone, I'm currently in the Omega ring and just applied the update (Dec. 4 at 7:00 PM) and I'm still experiencing console shut down when I'm playing 2k21 next gen. I'm being hesitant to...
  8. XBox One X crashes while playing NBA 2K18

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X crashes while playing NBA 2K18: For the last week and a half I have been having issues with my console COMPLETELY SHUTTING DOWN while playing NBA 2K18. It tends to happen during cutscenes or when people are talking. Not always,...
  9. XBox One X crashes while playing NBA 2K18

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X crashes while playing NBA 2K18: For the last week and a half I have been having issues with my console COMPLETELY SHUTTING DOWN while playing NBA 2K18. It tends to happen during cutscenes or when people are talking. Not always,...
  10. Controllers break while playing NBA 2k16

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers break while playing NBA 2k16: While playing NBA2k16 with 3 controllers connected, the player one controller suddenly stops working at 2:00 exactly during the 2nd quarter. 100% reproduction we can't get past the 2:00 2nd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nba 2k22 series x shutting of