While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in...

Discus and support While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; NBA2K20 on xbox one x. I never hear anyone talking in game chat when I dont have my headset plugged in on xbox one x. In previous years I could still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by el FIama BIanca, Nov 29, 2019.

1. While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in...

NBA2K20 on xbox one x.

I never hear anyone talking in game chat when I dont have my headset plugged in on xbox one x. In previous years I could still hear the other players speaking over my tv speakers. Also with headset plugged
    in arent you supposed to be able to hear the opponent team in park games? I dont hear that either....Any ideas??

I have the settings set to PARTY CHAT > HEADSET AND SPEAKERS even though thats just for party chat I figured I'd try it and see if it did anything.

But people were Def talking cause I put my mic in and I heard them in game chat through headset and TV speakers but then I take it out and I hear no one....

:)

el FIama BIanca, Nov 29, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in on xbox one x...

Hey there el FIama BIanca,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get your headset to work properly. I can totally see how this could hinder your whole gameplay experience. I suggest running through the steps outlined in our support page entitled
    Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  3. el FIama BIanca Win User

While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in on xbox one x...

Uhh yeah that's only for party chats not GAME CHAT and I literally said I did all that in my original post.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Blanca,

Thanks for coming to the forums. This is due to the way your settings are currently. You will want to go to settings>General>volume and audio output>the second option where it says party chat output, select headset and speakers.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. CuriousJazzCat Win User

Voice chat

There is in-game voice chat, but it can be hard to hear depending on your settings and how low your tv volume is. I can only hear others well if I have my mic plugged in, but I generally prefer to play without that on my head (unless I'm playing with people
    I know).
  6. Freddy_twotimes Win User

Audio headphones/Turtle beach streaming mic

Hi there,

When the audio headphones are plugged into the AV receiver, there is game sound, but I cant hear anyone in my party chat. I only see their gamertag show up in the chat overlay. They hear me thru the stream mic just fine. In Halo 5, setting audio to Speaker,
    or to Headphones doesnt change anything.

If I plug the headphones into the Turtle Beach stream mic, its onboard amplifier does a decent job driving the audio headphones, since the stream mic is powered via USB, but the amplifier is low quality by comparison to my AV receiver. I only got the stream
    mic so I could use my AV receiver to listen to my audio headphones in online gaming. I never expected or planned on using it to power the headphones.

Can I even can plug the Sennheiser game headphones into the AV receiver and the Mic into the controller now? If this stream mic is already connected to the XBOX via USB, and chat is only available when the headphones are connected into the stream mic and
    both run to the XBOX wired via USB, is it correct to assume that PC gaming headphones with a built in mic also cannot be split (the mic connected to the controller and chat sound coming through the AV receiver)? Im starting to think both the headphones and
    the mic must be connected to the controller together, communicating to the XBOX wirelessly, or ill just get game sound through the headphones and no chat like I am niw with this set up?
Thema:

While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in...

1. While playing NBA2K20 I cant hear people in game chat unless my headphones are plugged in... - Similar Threads - While playing NBA2K20

2. Online Play while Gamesharing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Online Play while Gamesharing.: Hey all! A friend and I have been Gamesharing for a few months now, and some time ago we decided to get the Iceborne DLC for Monster Hunter World. We have the DLC on his Xbox account, but since...
  3. games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing: I recently started having this issue where my games and my apps will get a message saying "your game took too long to load" and when they do load, during gameplay the game will freeze momentarily...
  4. playing while the controller is connected via wire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing while the controller is connected via wire: Hi guys, I have bought an Xbox one x recently. somebody told me don't play while connecting the controller with wire to the device. It is going to damage your device ... is it true?..... Dose...
  5. Black Screen flashing while playing No Mans Sky after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Screen flashing while playing No Mans Sky after update: I just downloaded No mans sky after seeing the new update and when I launch the game the screen flashes black every few seconds. It does not do this for any other game. Please help. I've tried...
  6. Hearing people talk while I am playing xbox games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hearing people talk while I am playing xbox games: Hello I have been playing games on my XBOXONE and have been hearing a group of people chat on my headset's I am not in a group or party and the Call of duty voice chat is disabled but I keep...
  7. Guide/Party w/ Voice Overlay on crashes randomly while playing games. Am I alone?

in XboX Insiders
    Guide/Party w/ Voice Overlay on crashes randomly while playing games. Am I alone?: I have yet to report this because I want to report it as soon as it happens. I wanted to reach out here first to see if anyone else had similar experiences (I am using the original Xbox One) In...
  8. This is a new idea that which allows us watch YouTube and all the other stuff while playing...

in XboX Insiders
    This is a new idea that which allows us watch YouTube and all the other stuff while playing...: Add back snap submitted by /u/Results_Modz [link] [comments]
  9. Disk read error while playing a downloaded game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk read error while playing a downloaded game: Ive been having issues while playing warzone (downloaded directly to hard drive). I’ll be in the middle of a game and get kicked to the main screen with a disk read error even though theres no...
  10. Xbox shutting off while playing games (Xbox one X)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shutting off while playing games (Xbox one X): Currently enrolled in Alpha Skip-Ahead and I’m getting a weird issue with my Xbox shutting off by itself while playing Xbox one games, Xbox 360 backwards compatible games don’t seem to cause...