Who can fix (add/remove) OneGuide channels that do not exist in an area? (ie - wrong/missing ...

Discus and support Who can fix (add/remove) OneGuide channels that do not exist in an area? (ie - wrong/missing ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a source Xbox One uses that we can update? Is there a way to manually edit the channel list? e6d935ea-7e45-40f7-a2a7-333da0573356 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MildlyUnKratos, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Who can fix (add/remove) OneGuide channels that do not exist in an area? (ie - wrong/missing ...

Is there a source Xbox One uses that we can update?

Is there a way to manually edit the channel list?

:)

MildlyUnKratos, Jun 12, 2014
  2. Missing channels from Oneguide

Hey Slyrus,

Can you go to TV & OneGuide Settings -> OneGuide -> and change channel filtering to show all channels. Does that fix things?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Jun 12, 2014
  3. JAG9ernaut
    JAG9ernaut Guest
    Xbox OneGuide Missing / Wrong Channels

Hi, I live in Ontario and have set up my Xbox One to my Rogers cable provider. There are a few channels that are listed incorrectly on the OneGuide.

Rogers changed a few of the channels 6 months ago but it looks like the OneGuide is using the older channel listings. Who should I talk to in updating this?

JAG9ernaut, Jun 12, 2014
  4. eicastic1 Win User

Comcast channels wrong

I think the problem is that going to "OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Report a OneGuide Problem" and entering the channel and a correct number isn't really triggering a review because the channel number is already correct (because two numbers are
    showing in OneGuide for that channel)!

The problem is that there are multiple listings for the channel in the OneGuide. For example, here in Richmond, the OneGuide shows ESPNHD on 252 and 850. The correct channel is 850. Channel number 252 is now a defunt channel in Richmond and has no programming
    on it--the channel no longer exists. So I'm assuming that when the guide data was updated on Microsoft's servers the delete channels didn't get removed--only new ones were added or existing ones were updated. As such we now have two channel numbers for the
    same channel in a lot of cases.

Having two numbers means voice commands don't work--it seems that the lowest channel number is chosen when there are duplicates ("xbox watch ESPN" pulls up 252, which is non-existent, instead of 850).

We here in Richmond simply need the defunct/dead channels removed from the OneGuide.

Reporting it through the console doesn't seem to be fixing this problem.
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Missing channels from Oneguide

Hey Slyrus,

Can you go to TV & OneGuide Settings -> OneGuide -> and change channel filtering to show all channels. Does that fix things?
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Is there a way to edit channels I receive on OneGuide

Hi IcedCornholio,

There is no way to remove channels from OneGuide. However, you can add up to 200 favorite channels.
  7. eicastic1 Win User

Comcast channels wrong

I think the problem with reporting the "wrong number" for a channel number through "OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Report a OneGuide Problem" is that the lineup doesn't get reviewed because the number reported for the channel actually is correct
    in the guide! For example, when I report that ESPN is a "wrong number" and should be on 850, well....it does show on 850 in OneGuide. So I'm assuming this doesn't trigger a full lineup review. The problem is that OneGuide ALSO shows it on 252 (here in Richmond).
    252 is now defunct and doesn't exist as a channel via Comcast. So when we say "XBOX watch ESPN" it seems like it must internally grab the lowest channel number it can find for that HD channel and then try to change the cable box channel number to that.

So reporting a wrong channel number by giving an example doesn't seem to really work because the one we give is correct and already in the guide. The problem is that there is an "extra" channel number in the guide for a channel like ESPN and it's the extra
    channel that is wrong--it shouldn't exist as any channel, period. There's no way to report this fallacy through the interface.
  8. Zangetsu221 Win User

The entire channel lineup is wrong.

Hey everyone, this same problem just happened to me where my cable provider changed the channel lineup but my xbox was still using the old channel numbers but i found how to fix it. Go to settings ---> tv&oneguide ---> oneguide---> clear oneguide ---> then
    last still in oneguide go to tv lineup and go through that again. That fixed it for me.
Thema:

Who can fix (add/remove) OneGuide channels that do not exist in an area? (ie - wrong/missing ...

1. Who can fix (add/remove) OneGuide channels that do not exist in an area? (ie - wrong/missing ... - Similar Threads - fix add remove

2. how to fix XAudio2_7.dll? i dont want to get rid of it i need it!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix XAudio2_7.dll? i dont want to get rid of it i need it!: i am playing DOA 6. and i get these crashes. claiming fault of XAudio2_7.dll. i saw ways to avoid it. but deleting. but i need audio! :c 8127a57b-05bd-4edc-8a10-64aeb342f147
  3. Unable to find NAT type FIXED?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find NAT type FIXED?: So I was getting that error all morning, got home from work tonight and just gave it a shot and it worked immediately. On WiFi and with decent cellular service it worked amazingly! Can't wait to...
  4. Xbox One S Down But Not Out. No apparent fix.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Down But Not Out. No apparent fix.: Last week my Xbox One S froze up and stopped working, during a game of Rainbow 6. Ever since, my xbox has either failed to turn on properly (shutting down after a short while with no video...
  5. Crackdown 3 - Please Fix Wrecking Zone Matching Or Add Drop-In!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 3 - Please Fix Wrecking Zone Matching Or Add Drop-In!: I love Crackdown 3's multiplayer. It's really fun and I believe it was worth the wait. However, it seems like there is something wrong with the matching. Almost every single team I am matched into...
  6. Killer instinct ultra edition add-on cannot be found in the xbox one store. Please fix this - ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer instinct ultra edition add-on cannot be found in the xbox one store. Please fix this - ...: Info: Account region: Dutch, Belgium Physical region: Dutch, Belgium Internet Service Provider (ISP): Telenet Content you are trying to download: Killer instinct ultra edition Dear sir,...
  7. Fix The Add Friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix The Add Friends: Still get error message when trying to add friends, did not get this issue until last update on console please fix! 1c9b44a1-7374-4e11-8615-51ddd17fd66f
  8. Fix The System Fix The Friends list we can't add people Error Message!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix The System Fix The Friends list we can't add people Error Message!: Since last update can't add friends, they can add us we get error message due to crappy update bugs. 100s of us have Same issue! Does this sound like us gamers and Xbox fanatics don't know what...
  9. Can't add friend please fix it NOW!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add friend please fix it NOW!: Im so close to returning this POS and getting a ps4. Why cant I add friends? 3dcb2bc5-a780-4f05-bfe1-8d00d7f16595
  10. FIX YOUR PARTY CHAT AND ADD VOICE MESSAGING!

in XBoX on Consoles
    FIX YOUR PARTY CHAT AND ADD VOICE MESSAGING!: Almost a year after launch and here we sit, sometimes parties work...sometimes they hear me, sometimes I hear them..sometimes I dont...nothing is consistent..very annoying. If i switch...