Why am I having so much trouble trying to move stacks in free cell solitaire?

Discus and support Why am I having so much trouble trying to move stacks in free cell solitaire? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing solitaire for a couple of months now. I started with just spider, but have since play every type every day. I thought in free cell... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by miwihdrider, Jul 1, 2018.

1. miwihdrider
    miwihdrider Guest

I have been playing solitaire for a couple of months now. I started with just spider, but have since play every type every day. I thought in free cell that you can move a stack of 2 to 12 cards as long as they are sequential and the proper black and red
    order, but sometimes I have to break down a stack into small 2 card and 1 card pieces in order to get the whole stack moved. What am I doing wrong? I have read the how to play instructions, there is no mention of a restriction on moving card stacks. Any help
    would be appreciated. Thank you Michael

:)

miwihdrider, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Vindog77
    Vindog77 Guest
    Free Cell Stacks won't move

Hello,

Why on the Free Cell Expert level will it not allow me to move a stack of cards to a freed card. for instance I have a stack Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 all properly alternating in color, and i cannot move that stack to a K in the opposite color of the Q. Is this
    move not doable in expert level if so why or is this a glitch? I've never played a solitaire game where you can't move stacks like this. this is not the only combination i'm having trouble with, and it is becoming extremely frustrating.

Vindog77, Jul 1, 2018
  3. Pixietail007
    Pixietail007 Guest
    Unable to move stacks in free cell

I'm unable to move a stack of cards in free cell. This can happen even when moving 2 cards to an empty column. Alternatively, can I switch out the game for another so that I can play the daily challenges so that I don't constantly lose because I can't
    play the simplest free cell games?

Pixietail007, Jul 1, 2018
  4. MRallamagoosa Win User

Microsoft Solitaire IOS Freecell Bug

Actually that is how Freecell works, you can move a number of card based on the free cells you have available. In the screen you provide you have one free cell on top right (unless you got the pile from there) and one free cell in the four single slots on
    top. This means you can actually move 3 (2) cards maximum at a time. Since you have 8 in the pile, that is not a valid move. No bugs there.

What you're trying to do would be valid in games like klondike or spider where there's no limit to the stack.
  5. ed375 Win User

Withdraw latest changes in MS Solitaire Collection

They may have listened, but they DIDN'T correct ALL the problems!

Free cell STILL interrupts YOUR (the User's) movement of the cards when it is automatically moving them from the board to the piles.

I try moving part of a stack, and the stack GOES BACK to where and how it looked BEFORE I tried moving it, while it is automatically moving the cards.

Apparently you only have the automatic movement of a very few cards, before it RESETS my moves.

NO this computer is unable to record my play. I tried, but was told I cannot!

Aug 05, 2018

Also see https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/62abcf7c-5a33-4f82-af08-f5ebfbc91ab0

for monthly total coins ERRORS. Sometimes a short lived ZERO points/coins after completing several days of daily games, sometimes as much as 4 BILLION points/coins, before it finishes adding the "daily bonus" and reverts to the CORRECT total!

Edwin Hampton
  6. JaniceEdens Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenges Spider: Timed Solve Challenge 14 July

Thanks DrawnSpring for the hints; do you remember when you cleared the 10th column which card you moved there? And how many stacks were you able to get before the first deal? I can easily get the first stack of hearts but have trouble when I get to the
    Kh in the 2nd column. Many thanks! I have gotten up to 4 stacks but then I am lost and run out of time.
  7. padoorramaswamy Win User

11 September Spider Challenge

thanks very much PrimaryGiant16

it worked like a charm. though had troubles following the moves correctly altering windows to forum and game.

so I used my desktop comp to view your moves file and laptop is my windows 8

the game completed . I had to use all the moves shown by you. I tried some moves of my own then I could not get the second

stack.

any way thanks for help
  8. padoorramaswamy Win User

24 aug 2013 spider 12 minutes game solve deck help request

once iwas able to push five stacks and time run out.

i am not able to do so much again ,not more than one stack
Thema:

1. Why am I having so much trouble trying to move stacks in free cell solitaire? - Similar Threads - Why having much

2. Por que multiplayer tem que pagar no Xbox One S ? [Translation - Why does multiplayer have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que multiplayer tem que pagar no Xbox One S ? [Translation - Why does multiplayer have...: Seguinte, estou decepcionado que no Xbox para jogar multijogador precisa pagar anuidade para liberar, sendo que em computador é gratuito. Ex o jogo Warface em pc multijogador é gratuito, no Xbox...
  3. Why doesn't Xbox take action against players when I have screenshots of racist acts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Xbox take action against players when I have screenshots of racist acts: I have in-game screenshots of three players wearing shirts that say "[Mod Removed - see Guidelines]" on the front and "[Mod Removed - see Guidelines]" on the back in the 2k19 Park and xbox support...
  4. Why do I have 30GB out of 160GB on my HHD from my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have 30GB out of 160GB on my HHD from my Xbox 360?: So I decided to play some Xbox 360 recently since I found mines laying inside my closet for a while now. I don't have a official hard drive for my Xbox 360 (First model) so I went ahead to use my...
  5. Been told I have to go to enforcement on my Xbox one. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Been told I have to go to enforcement on my Xbox one. Why?: i don't know what I have done but I have been Asked to go on the enforcement Xbox site. I can't talk with my friends. I am 8 and I don't know what I have done can I have some help. Why has this...
  6. I was banned from using the xbox app chat, and i'm not so sure why I have been.

in XBoX on Windows
    I was banned from using the xbox app chat, and i'm not so sure why I have been.: A guy said I was hacking than texts me saying I [Mod Removed - Profanity]. I asked him whys that and he responds with saying that I was hacking I was surely not he was kind of bad at the game sooo...
  7. Why I don't have Shao Kahn ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I don't have Shao Kahn ?: I bought mk11 in pre-purchase, but I do not have shao khan available to play. ef2fbdfb-84bb-4a8c-b7c8-4ef5701db1db
  8. Why do i now have to re-assign my headset everytime i turn i my system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i now have to re-assign my headset everytime i turn i my system: Why do i now have to re-assign my headset everytime i turn i my system, the has only recently become an issue. Before my headset stayed assigned f7ea7d92-e0f0-4418-8ed6-59ff6f6195d6
  9. why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...: why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem 899ee2cb-a9a5-42f4-93dd-4592b94a321d
  10. why do I have so much trouble logging into M Bingo? keeps kicking me out - disconnecting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I have so much trouble logging into M Bingo? keeps kicking me out - disconnecting: I continually get disconnected when trying to log into Bingo. I was sent to this site. please help 28c21b15-5aa6-492c-beeb-67e028b872ec