Why are Bans a thing?

Discus and support Why are Bans a thing? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Community, I have been a long time paying and supportive member of Xbox Live since its original launch over 15 years ago. I have to say I do not agree... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ObieTric, Jul 11, 2019.

1. ObieTric
    ObieTric Guest

Why are Bans a thing?

Community,

I have been a long time paying and supportive member of Xbox Live since its original launch over 15 years ago. I have to say I do not agree at all with the new "banning" because of language. In order to procure/play on xbox live we have to agree to the ToS.
    This would require the person and/or their legal guardian to sign up and accept the ToS. Anyone under 18 can not be held to your ToS as they are not adults.

Now you are attempting to control the way we speak and the words we use. While I may agree with the hate speech and the language to an extent (depending on its context of course) are inappropriate at times. You already have a solution to this problem built
    into the service. The Language filters, mute, and block functions are all tools consumers can use to mold their gaming experience. Why become dictators?

Why are you now taking it a step further and dictating what we the consumer can and can not say. You are only where you are because of our support and in recent years I have noticed almost NO one uses their communication devices in games because everyone can
    report you for anything even something as small as beating them. They report us and if we've ever used language you will search it out, use it against us and ban us.

I know you think you are helping but you are not. You are actually doing the opposite in the community and I for one am leaning towards other platforms for my gaming. Perhaps offer an ADULT Live and a Snowflake Live?

:)

ObieTric, Jul 11, 2019
  2. aXs Dalton Win User

acoount banned for no reason!

Hi there!

You should have received an email explaining why you was banned, if not there is a separate forum under the Xbox Support forums. It is called "why was I banned?" If you post there a member of the XBLET will reply to you saying why you was banned.
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

I was hacked, then banned off Xbox live for 9,999 years

hackers cannot ban you only those in the PET can ban you if you want to find out WHY you were banned permanently post in the suspension/ban forums note that is only to find out why there do not reverse them and there is no appeals for bans sorry.
  4. mad monkey04 Win User

Reason For My Xbox One Ban

I'm simply asking 1 thing WHY IM A BANNED like how can they just ban my xbox one and not tell me why i'm banned and if i can't connect them why did they ban m with no way to connect them about why i'm banned so what your saying is the enforcement team banned
    me i lose £200 and i can't find out why? Its not right if my console was banned i need to be given a reason or it could just be a random ban no because still not being given a reason..and i only made another one as they're ignoring my post i simply asked for
    1 line why im i banned like the post say they would do a legthy investigation so there must be a reason i wasn't to know this reason or isit just they gonna ban me and not contact me which can be consider illegal as i've just been banned out of the blue no
    reason i bought intp the company and they ban me without reason meaning im losing $$$ so again i literally just want to know why im i banned
  5. tejo chase Win User

How do i get my xbox live unbanned

6. xNeurosiis Win User

XBOX Theives Deleted??

No, do NOT call that number. They will not tell you anything about why your account has been banned. If you want to find out why an account has been banned, visit the account bans forum.
Thema:

Why are Bans a thing?

1. Why are Bans a thing? - Similar Threads - Why are Bans

2. Why aren't we told what we've done when we're banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why aren't we told what we've done when we're banned?: I was recently banned permanently from Xbox Live without being shown what I did. Apparently "This account participated in harassment, abuse, or bullying behavior towards other players. This may...
  3. Why did i get banned?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why did i get banned?: So i set my gamerpic to a picture of baby yoda and then i was banned, makes sence. 0b360ff8-72d6-4354-b334-9cb46b6b4e8e
  4. Why, when my suspension ended was I banned again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why, when my suspension ended was I banned again?: I called someone a [Mod Removed]and got banned, which is kind of stupid but i understand, but the next day when my suspension ended i was immediately banned again....
  5. Why do i get banned for making a group post?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i get banned for making a group post?: It started wensday when i got banned for making a group post. I got unbanned from reduction. Then yesterday the same thing happened and since i failed the case review questions i cant get...
  6. I was chat banned for typing ... In a post why is that does it mean something offensive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was chat banned for typing ... In a post why is that does it mean something offensive?: So im a little confused to why i was banned for typing ... in a Looking for group post and just want some answer... And i do know im a multi violator but i just dont understand why this happened,...
  7. Was Comms-banned for making trading posts on LFG multiple times... Why? [RocketLeague]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Was Comms-banned for making trading posts on LFG multiple times... Why? [RocketLeague]: Ugh. I've been muted once again for posting "H tw oct W 135k". I read through the Microsoft rules and they said trading through unofficial means is bannable, but trading in RL is very official and...
  8. Two enforcement bans for (communication) in less than 48hours. And I don't understand why...

in XBoX on Windows
    Two enforcement bans for (communication) in less than 48hours. And I don't understand why...: Guys, I need to understand why am I getting banned on the Xbox Platform for (due to problems with communication). I can't send messages and talk to my friends. Never done anything wrong and I'm...
  9. Why have I been communication banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why have I been communication banned?: Ok, so here I am just messaging my friend about Halo Reach coming to the Halo Master Chief Collection when I just get banned randomly for no reason whatsoever from communications. Can anyone give...
  10. I got banned and I don't know why

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned and I don't know why: I got a message from xbox and it said I was banned and I dont know why I was playing with friends bea0dbfd-c666-4c74-b579-112b15968ad5