Why are BC games and gift cards incompatible?

Discus and support Why are BC games and gift cards incompatible? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought $35 of gift cards to get GTA IV and GTA IV: The Lost And Damned. When i went to buy it, it said “Microsoft Account Balances... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by drivingmorans123, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Why are BC games and gift cards incompatible?

Hi, I recently bought $35 of gift cards to get GTA IV and GTA IV: The Lost And Damned. When i went to buy it, it said “Microsoft Account Balances cannot be used in this purchase channel.”. Is there a way to buy it without entering my CC or DC information?

:)

drivingmorans123, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

They've never given a reason why, but the Xbox One store has just never been updated to see the Microsoft Account balance as a valid payment option for backwards compatible content. The only way to use the funds would be to make the purchase on a 360 console.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you.

I would like to add that in-addition to what was stated by Xbox Forums MVP Ambassador and Moderator Smwutches, there is a way to purchase
    content from an Xbox 360 title using the currency on your account, if you are able to access an in-game store via the emulator that allows you access to the Xbox 360 Marketplace[similar to how on the title screen you would see an option that reads
    Store or something like that].

Its always worth providing your feedback via that
    Xbox Idea Hub
    to hopefully see this feature added in the future.

As there is no further information that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread. If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you
    there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. drivingmorans123 Win User

I traded my 360 in for an xbox one. I hope Microsoft changes it before I get rid of my xbox one.
  5. Mr Darkling Win User

Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

Yes, thank you. However, the issue comes from having a gift card, only owning an Xbox One, and wanting a BC game.
  6. Brento1593 Win User

wildand gold edition

i wish they had the deal up still bc ik for a fact it said if you bought the gold digital edition you would still get the rewards bc thats why i did it online otherwise i would have bought it on my xbox and got 20$ from a free gift card.
Thema:

1. Why are BC games and gift cards incompatible? - Similar Threads - Why are games

2. Why can't I earn some game pass points from stealing cars in grand theft auto 5?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I earn some game pass points from stealing cars in grand theft auto 5?: I been stealing 11 cars, earned game pass points in few day ago. But in this present day I been stealing cars like 50 times and my 11 game pass points of stealing cars in gta V from game pass...
  3. Xbox saying game took to long to launch why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox saying game took to long to launch why?: Hello these past few weeks ive been getting the same error "for some reason (insert game) took too long to start" it seemed cleared up for a good week but now its doing the same thing. Why is it...
  4. Why is my xbox slower than usual and struggling to render in things in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox slower than usual and struggling to render in things in games: So for the past week or so my xbox has been having some issues with rendering things in and it being kinda slow. When I play a game like gta 5 or forza horizon 4 the textures of like buildings and...
  5. Can someone please tell me why my games aren't showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Can someone please tell me why my games aren't showing up: [IMG] submitted by /u/spindlydawn89069 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Game Pass on PC - Why can I not move files to new PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass on PC - Why can I not move files to new PC: I recently built a new PC after my last one died. One the old PC I had downloaded a few games as I was trying out Xbox Game Pass, which I was enjoying it up to that point. My PC died, so I built...
  7. Why are my backward compatibility games all of a sudden not working on my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my backward compatibility games all of a sudden not working on my xbox one?: I cannot get my backward compatibility xbox 360 games to play anymore on my xbox one..They were working about 1-2 months ago, but now they will not read the discs. I reset my xbox.cleared cache,...
  8. Why my original/fat xbox one shuts down every time i play a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my original/fat xbox one shuts down every time i play a game?: Netflix and youtube works and the only way i turn back the xbox i need to get out and plug it back in 015f9750-5cfd-4f28-a5df-fef2b770ffa9
  9. Why there is no game pass quests this month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why there is no game pass quests this month?: Nothing on mobile, nothing on rewards app. d657763c-1bb6-4023-ae5e-aaf0c5b30da8
  10. Favourite Game, and why..?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Favourite Game, and why..?: Mine has to be Call of Duty or GTA Franchises, the storylines and Multiplayer competitiveness makes them fun to play. dd2515bd-e91c-49d5-8613-23416ce74f4f