Why are settings for the Microsoft website and Xbox so difficult to use? Minecraft Realms...

Discus and support Why are settings for the Microsoft website and Xbox so difficult to use? Minecraft Realms... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So first things first, the xbox app, the Microsoft website and the xbox website are all in my mind terrible, including friends and family. It is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xXMidnightMoonXx, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Why are settings for the Microsoft website and Xbox so difficult to use? Minecraft Realms...

So first things first, the xbox app, the Microsoft website and the xbox website are all in my mind terrible, including friends and family. It is not user friendly in any shape way or form, nor is it child friendly.

So I had a Realm that I wanted to purchase and I got the error I needed to have permission, now mind you I'm 17 almost 18 and I can use most programs and websites to find settings and ways to customize it that best fits me and my needs. Now I will explain what I had to go through today, so my account was one that I had created when it was needed now mind you I was 15 and had no need for a realms so I didn't need it until today, in order for me to simply buy it and play I had to make a whole new Microsoft account, go into the account connected to the ps4, now mind you once a account is connected it is permanent so I had to go though this because I couldn't remove it, So on the account connected to the ps4 I had to invite the new account on the family page and set it as organizer then remove myself go to the organizer account and log into that and add the account connected to the ps4 back as a member account and then go to the xbox website log into the organizer account and then click on this little circle at the top right hope to fluff you see the three small dots on the little pop up square and click it then to xbox settings, the privacy, and then select the member account go to windows 10, privacy settings and turn on cross platform play over xbox live and create and join groups to allow. now mind you I had to do this just so I could buy a realms, and you know more children play minecraft than adults so why does this need to be so complicated. not to mention when attempting to do this on a cellphone it is impossible because the website is messed up. why did this have to be so complicated, and there isn't anywhere where I can find this information for this issue anywhere, this isn't user friendly and its no wonder more people play on the ps than xbox, it isn't user friendly nor does anything give a proper explanation on how to do anything with these services. this is my question, why are these services so complicated when they honestly don't need to be.

:)

xXMidnightMoonXx, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Cap'n Turtle Win User

Minecraft Realms

How do I change this setting from the Microsoft or Xbox website? I cannot figure out how to do it and I do not own an Xbox, and all the articles I am finding require you to own an Xbox.
  3. queenofspadesrules Win User

Minecraft realms

If you are on console, go to settings. In a certain column, you will see a place called subscriptions. Click on that and select manage. It will take you to a Microsoft website that will give you a choice to turn off the recurring bill. Here is the link
    to the website, https://account.microsoft.com/services/?refd=support.microsoft.com
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

minecraft realms

Hello Oscar,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings for your friends. Were you able to look at the
    privacy and online settings? We will give you the
    steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use.

1. You will go to the Xbox websiteand sign in.

2. Click on privacy settings.

3. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.

4. You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:

5. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:
      1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow

2. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:

"you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. wi7bit Win User

Minecraft realms.

Hi AlexHERnandeZ999

To play on a Minecraft Realm server, you need the permission to be able to join clubs.

When you say you change the setting, how are you doing this? Website, App, Console? The app is great for changing these settings if you have an Android or iOS device.

If you are being prompted to change the privacy settings then you must me part of a Microsoft Family account. Who is the organiser?

Come back to us and we will see if we can help.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Minecraft realms

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the cross play is not enabled in settings, were you able to look at the privacy
    and online settings
    ? We will give you the steps to change the exact ones for the cross platform use on a PC.

1. You will go to the Xbox website and sign in.

2. Once signed in, click your picture top right corner go to Xbox profile.

3. Click on privacy settings.

4. Once in settings, under the picture see Privacy, Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety. Select the Xbox one/Windows 10 online safety.

5. You will see you gamertag you are looking for one setting:

6. The two you want to make sure say allow and everybody are:
      1. "you can play with people outside of Xbox live" set to allow

7. Now click on privacy you are looking for one setting:

8. "you can communicate outside of Xbox live with voice and text" set to allow

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Why are settings for the Microsoft website and Xbox so difficult to use? Minecraft Realms...

1. Why are settings for the Microsoft website and Xbox so difficult to use? Minecraft Realms... - Similar Threads - Why are settings

2. why my Minecraft multiplayer says it was disabled, but I can't find my privacy settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Minecraft multiplayer says it was disabled, but I can't find my privacy settings?: I bought Minecraft in www.minecraft.net, but I can't multilayer, I try to find my privacy settings. but I can't find my my Microsoft privacy settings. how can I find that??...
  3. Why is my Xbox live set to end two weeks early?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox live set to end two weeks early?: I had a past due amount of $10 and renewed my subscription today and instead of saying that it would expire on 1/25 it’s telling me that it’s going to on 1/11 if I turn my recurring billing off...
  4. WORST CONSOLE EVER!!!!!!! WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THE HEAD SET CHAT MIXER

in XBoX on Consoles
    WORST CONSOLE EVER!!!!!!! WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THE HEAD SET CHAT MIXER: Why in the h. e. ll do we still have the headset chat mixer even though Mixer isn't apart of xbox anymore it just doesn't make any sense and xbox probably knows about it but keeps making these re....
  5. Why is the Character limit set to 12 on changing Gamertags?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the Character limit set to 12 on changing Gamertags?: I was just wondering why the character limit is 12. My Gamertag (shown above) is 15, clearly they can handle grandfather clausing GTs from the past into the new system. Why can't the limit be...
  6. Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set?: Auto-update has been broken on Alpha for years. How about fixing it? I see no reason the xbox can't start the update on its own anymore(it used to when it was new). It wouldn't be so bad but the...
  7. why is the option 'you can see and share content' missing from the game content settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the option 'you can see and share content' missing from the game content settings?: I have spent days going through all the settings to allow my son to play multiplayer games on xbox one. I have followed all the advice allowing multiplayer games and join clubs etc. I have even...
  8. i cannot buy games when the region is set to Puerto rico, why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot buy games when the region is set to Puerto rico, why is that?: i cannot buy games with the region set to Puerto rico and i also tried it on my phone, laptop, desktop and tablet but it keeps saying PUR authentication failure. I have two different payment...
  9. why cant i set a custom profile picture im old anof

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i set a custom profile picture im old anof: i cant set a profile picture on my xbox and people keep sayng that there is a maintments goinng on 840e9a1e-cc9c-4d21-b3ba-0656be207092
  10. why do i get a erroe code 80000001 on a set up on a new x 1 x

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do i get a erroe code 80000001 on a set up on a new x 1 x: why do i get a erroe code 80000001 on a set up on a new x 1 x e12eca15-e93d-45fe-b358-64deea6f3317