Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$?

Discus and support Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Thanks for the link man appreciate it. 5ba0011a-6b11-478a-82bb-abb4e8e771fa Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IntenseJames, May 24, 2014.

1. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest

Thanks for the link man appreciate it.

:)

IntenseJames, May 24, 2014
  2. Nic727
    Nic727 Guest
    What happened to price?

Hi,

why now now games in Canada are so expensive? Now its $80 for new games instead of $70.

thx

Nic727, May 24, 2014
  3. Gift Cards

Why can I not use gift cards from Xbox to buy and Xbox 360 game on an Xbox one? Please fix this immediately as I spent over $70 on gift cards that are useless to me now. Please fix this now!

SuperGamerGuy93, May 24, 2014
  4. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest

Canadians are expected to pay more.... and we accept it. $69.99 seems to be the norm on my game marketplace. Keep in mind products that are produced in Canada that are exported to the USA are cheaper down there then up here. We are glutens for financial
    punishment, but I wouldn't ever think of moving state side....

-

The true north strong and free!!!!

-

Also, gaming is a hobby. I don't like the increase in the game prices but such is life. I can afford it so it's not a bother.

kingvas78, May 24, 2014
  5. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    Look at Sorny increasing the price of the PS4 in Canada by $50.... they blame the currency difference.... it's because we have a strong economy. That is a positive (but expensive).

kingvas78, May 24, 2014
  6. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    $69.99 for games? Talk to someone from Australia or New Zealand and then tell me how unfair that price is

x24hrs2livex, May 24, 2014
  7. Australia and new Zealand have it worse hell even the uk pay more for games than the US or canada

AXIOMS OF FATE, May 24, 2014
  8. GreyMittens
    GreyMittens Guest

A lot of game companies don't even like releasing into Canada. Our country has about 35 million people living here which is still less than the state of California. To make things worse for the game companies, they have to do up a second instruction booklet
    in French just for Quebec (population around 8 million). Of course our currency is also lower now which would be the 10% right there.

I am curious, buying a game in the states, do most just come with English manual? I would almost expect them to be English / Spanish

GreyMittens, May 24, 2014
  9. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @24...... there is no break in physical land mass between Canada and the USA. Just a border...

-

Australia..... the land down under.... I could understand everything being more $$$ .... they are all alone, so please don't try to compare or play a Aussie pity card to us Canadians.

kingvas78, May 24, 2014
  10. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    wow new games have been $50-$60 for like the last 10+ years... for your informational services... a gallon of gas at that time (2004) was $1.98 (in NY) now it is almost $5.00

tohellnbak, May 24, 2014
  11. Yeah, well games aren't in as high a demand as gasoline. Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$? ;)

Galactic Geek, May 24, 2014
  12. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    @kingvas Dont give me that physical land mass BS again, as lots of games are produced outside of the US and yet those countries still get shafted on price.

x24hrs2livex, May 24, 2014
  13. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Games are €70 here and Watch_Dogs is €74.99.

brandiesel1, May 24, 2014
  14. Ill wait for price to drop

MessiahBrowny, May 24, 2014
  15. I think more games will start appearing , with Less content , season passes will give you the game you should have got in the first place .

More in-game transactions .

Maybe even more monthly subs

In short , all the crud from Pc gaming , minus the benefits of fun mods , user created free stuff and awesome graphics .

Imo ,,,,, not stated as a fact ..I######m3

PAINT MACHINE, May 24, 2014
Thema:

1. Why are Xbox One games 70$ instead of 60$? - Similar Threads - Why are games

2. Why must i pay again for owned games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i pay again for owned games: I uninstalled fable anniversary and it didnt show in my ready to install list. I assumed this was because it is in gamepass and was moved to that list for the time being. Then when i went to the...
  3. Why is Gears 5 not fixed yet, I want to return this game!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Gears 5 not fixed yet, I want to return this game!!!: I am so tired , of this corporate greed, I paid big money for early access and cant even play, my campaign is stuck my vs kicks me out horde doesn't count my progress and also kicks me out. How...
  4. 为何我已经购买过的游戏会重复收费? [Translate] Why do I charge repeatedly for games I've purchased?

in XBoX on Windows
    为何我已经购买过的游戏会重复收费? [Translate] Why do I charge repeatedly for games I've purchased?: [img] 如图我早在2014年9月27日在windows phone上购买的游戏,为何在笔记本上会重复收费?两个设备登陆的是同一个微软账户 [Translate of Mod] Pictured, why do I charge a repeat fee on my laptop when I bought a game on my windows phone on...
  5. why can't I install a majority of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I install a majority of my games?: My Xbox refuses to install any of the games I Purchase Every time I want to install a game it ALWAYS stops, although apps have no problem installing. I can't think of a as to why this happens,...
  6. My Xbox One S doesnt Play Games, any ideas why not?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One S doesnt Play Games, any ideas why not?: I got an Xbox One S 500GB. Did factory reset, and added my account. Downloaded Digital Forza 4 and updated it. When launch only get splash screen for about 10 seconds and then back at Home...
  7. Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't there a return option in my "purchase history" for a game I bought yesterday?: Yesterday I bought Minecraft Bedrock Edition because I didnt know that multiple versions of MC exist for the PC. When I tried to return it today to buy the Java version, there was no option to let...
  8. why won't the last update I got on fallout 4 download all the way I can't play my game anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't the last update I got on fallout 4 download all the way I can't play my game anymore: Why won't the last update on fallout 4 download all the way it will not finish so I can play the game 8e625c96-038c-4cdd-9023-3d3d2ebaa5c6
  9. Why can't I pay my past due on my Xbox game pass ultimate with my Microsoft account points?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I pay my past due on my Xbox game pass ultimate with my Microsoft account points?: Why can't I pay my past due on my Xbox game pass ultimate with my Microsoft account points? I just put them on in hope's of being able to play but it won't let me....
  10. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?: why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system...