Why can I hear audio through an older Xbox controller but not my Xbox One X Controller?

Discus and support Why can I hear audio through an older Xbox controller but not my Xbox One X Controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Turtle Beach headset and adapter and also tried the xbox adapter but i cannot hear game audio through it on my xbox one x controller, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scrima Games, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Scrima Games
    Scrima Games Guest

Why can I hear audio through an older Xbox controller but not my Xbox One X Controller?

I have a Turtle Beach headset and adapter and also tried the xbox adapter but i cannot hear game audio through it on my xbox one x controller, but the headset works perfect on another controller. If i plug in the headset directly into the xbox one x controller
    without the adapter it works, but it does not work in the adapter portion. I checked settings and updated the controller and nothing. Is this a hardware issue or setting issue? It worked fine weeks ago.

:)

Scrima Games, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

With the headset and adapter plugged into the controller that came with your Xbox One X, try going into the audio settings in the guide. There should be in the middle that's called "chat mixer."

If you move the slider all the way to the left, then you should get only the audio from the game. All the way to the right is for chat / party.

If the "chat mixer" option isn't there, then I can only assume it's a hardware issue.
  3. ThorX360 Win User

Xbox voice chat not working

Why cant i talk on my xbox in a party. I can hear other people talking but they cant hear me. Ive tried different controllers and headphones so it is not my controller. Ive also looked through my settings and its not on mute or anything . Any help
    ?
    Hi,

first of all I suggest you follow all these steps:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/system/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio
  4. DraftBacchus58 Win User

Game audio not playing

I did this and it didn't fix my problem. I can't hear game audio through my controller. I've tried using different controllers, same result. Using different mics on those controllers, still same result. I've also used the headsets on different devices
    like my phone and PC and they work fine. To add to it I can hear chat audio, I just can't hear game audio through the headset. I'm thinking it's a controller issue or Xbox issue. I've changed the audio output to something else doesn't fix it.
  5. Slow GIN Fizz Win User

Black Screen Flash.

Yes - Older LG Plasma

This happened to me twice last night. I am on an older LG plasma tv. I do have audio and can hear both the game and my party.

NOTE: I have my xbox running through a receiver to the tv. The tv is muted in my scenario.

Karen
  6. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Interestingly, I can hear audio from the xbox through my earbuds, the controllers just don't seem to be sending the microphone audio to the xbox. I was under the impression that the 3.5mm port on the new controllers had both audio and mic capabilities, am
    I wrong?

I know that the microphone is sending sound to the controller and I know it's getting sent to the correct pins on the 3.5mm port...
Thema:

1. Why can I hear audio through an older Xbox controller but not my Xbox One X Controller? - Similar Threads - Why hear audio

2. Why can't I purchase games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I purchase games?: Go to the game store, it tells me Left 4 Dead is available for my Xbox One. Go to buy it, and it tells me it's not available, that I have to buy it from xbox.com. I go to xbox.com, and it tells...
  3. Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?: Clicked on one of the boxes in the reward app(mobile app). It opened IE for some reason and pops up a huge Certificate error - The site is not secure -...
  4. Why can't I hear others on my team in call of duty black ops 4 BLACKOUT?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I hear others on my team in call of duty black ops 4 BLACKOUT?: The game audio works fine but My controller is up to date, no short in my headset because it works fine on my black controller, I also tried restarting game and console....
  5. Love to hear if your a PUBG or FORTNITE player and why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Love to hear if your a PUBG or FORTNITE player and why?: I havent played pubg yet but fortnite seems to be evolving and changing very quickly that i didnt feel the need to try it but i hear alot of players saying they love it alot better. So id love to...
  6. When I'm in a party I can hear other people but they can't hear me why

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I'm in a party I can hear other people but they can't hear me why: if you suggest something that I have already tried I am switch to PlayStation I am tired of Microsoft's bs 12cbc4a5-cdd3-4478-b1c3-32dca54319c9
  7. Headset making a noise and I can’t find out why or hear it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset making a noise and I can’t find out why or hear it: Today my headset was working fine and then it started making a buzzing sound according to my friends. I’ve tried resetting my Xbox, changing headsets, trying different controllers and nothing has...
  8. Why cant i hear my xbox? My HDMI is in the right place.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i hear my xbox? My HDMI is in the right place.: The noise cut out when I restarted my xbox one. It has been silent the whole time after. My HDMI cord is in the right spot tho. Can someone help me? f7351d92-7454-4a5c-b13b-7146d3a31127
  9. why am i not able to hear my voice in the recorded clip

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am i not able to hear my voice in the recorded clip: why am i not able to hear my voice in the recorded clip. dd2e8a81-4448-4c77-a28b-729068e776dc
  10. Why can't I hear people and people can't hear me in-game when I have my mic for my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I hear people and people can't hear me in-game when I have my mic for my ...: I bought a headset that works with Xbox 360 called TekNMotion Yapster Blaster. It has connections for the audio and for the mic. I set everything up and put in the mic adapter but people can't...