Why can I not buy Overwatch Origins Edition?

Discus and support Why can I not buy Overwatch Origins Edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I go to buy Overwatch Origins Edition it forces me to get Legendary Edition. I am unable to get a retail copy of the game as I own a Series S... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fierqe, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Fierqe
    Fierqe Guest

Whenever I go to buy Overwatch Origins Edition it forces me to get Legendary Edition. I am unable to get a retail copy of the game as I own a Series S which has no disk drive.

:)

Fierqe, Jun 9, 2021
  2. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello there!

At the moment unfortunately the only offer available is Overwatch Legendary Edition. The Overwatch Origins is no longer available on the Microsoft store at the moment.
  3. SuperPudding17 Win User

which do i download

Hey there!

Have you already purchased Overwatch? If so, simply head over to your 'Ready to install' list within 'My games & apps' to find the appropriate version you can play. If not, the version you can purchase is Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition.

Hope this helps!
    Are they 2 different games? my son was told to buy overwatch origins but there is no download option
  4. xxALICEinOZxx Win User

How do i gift a game i already own?

I do not see an option to buy or gift Overwatch Origins editon in the Microsoft or Xbox store. I own the game as well so I signed out of my account to see if it was a glitch. After signing out I found a notation under the redeem code box that states Overwatch
    Origins Edition is currently not available. My guess is unless you have a code the Origins Edition is no longer available for purchase.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

I'm not given the option to buy the game after my GwG offer expired. What do I do?

Overwatch never was a Games with Gold game. But there had been a few free play weekends for that game. Usually, Games with Gold belong to you as long as you are a Gold Member.

You will have to
    buy Overwatch as the "Legendary Edition"
    currently. Previous editions have been replaced by this edition. So you can't buy the Origins Edition anymore.
  6. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Buying Overwatch on sale

Hi itsjbabyxo!

You can either search for Overwatch on your Xbox One console or from the Microsoft Store directly to purchase

Overwatch: Origins Edition
    from there.

Let us know if you were able to purchase it for the reduced sale price. :)
Thema:

1. Why can I not buy Overwatch Origins Edition? - Similar Threads - Why buy Overwatch

2. Why should I bother to buy a Xbox X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why should I bother to buy a Xbox X?: Whats the use of a powerfull console when you have to wait (read: not play) because of all those ridicilous mandatory system updates? Watching a console updating is aa exciting aa watching paint...
  3. Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...: I've already refunded it and gonna try again but I'm just super confused because it took my money and didn't give me anything. b66c086c-ae9a-4c65-8dc7-46919796b360
  4. Why isn't there a wait list to buy a series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't there a wait list to buy a series x: Why am I unable to place an order and just wait my turn? Are scalpers the only avenue to acquire a new console. I have tried to follow restocking updates but I work weird hours and unable to...
  5. Why can i no longer buy year subscription of xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i no longer buy year subscription of xbox live?: I have always paid $59.99 for a year of xbox live. When microsoft did their price hike, i had to change to game pass because of it. Now that Microsoft has come to their senses and reduced their...
  6. Why do i have to re buy a game i already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i have to re buy a game i already own: I have owned modern warfare since its release and now it wont let me play, saying that i must purchase the game. I have a disk and everything is installed. When i put the disk in the game is...
  7. Why should I buy Xbox over the PS4?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why should I buy Xbox over the PS4?: PS4 Supports VR. It is more cheaper. Only 2 people I know ever owned an Xbox. Rest all of the other boys have a PS4. So that can cause Cross-play issues. Also why should I get anything different...
  8. Why I must buy again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I must buy again?: Let me explain first, my question may make you unclear, because my mother tongue is not English, my English is not so good. Before this incident, I downloaded the minecraft win10 version on one...
  9. Why I can't buy ESO+ for my XBox in Russian MSstore

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why I can't buy ESO+ for my XBox in Russian MSstore: Why I can't buy ESO+ for my XBox in Russian MSstore 172713ea-aff9-41cc-81b9-82c3a4b8fc20
  10. Why I can't buy Game Pass Ultimate for 1$

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can't buy Game Pass Ultimate for 1$: Like the name of the topic. I can't make a purchase of Game Pass Ultimate for 1$, every time I am trying it jumps to 16$. What is the problem? 013795c1-d864-4b5f-b2a3-1e57eaa1e69e