Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one

Discus and support Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I and unable to see a family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one but they can see my status... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mj245, Aug 19, 2019.

1. mj245
    mj245 Guest

Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one

I and unable to see a family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one but they can see my status

:)

mj245, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    mj245

Thank you for contacting the Xbox forum with your question. I would first agree with the posts about their setting being set to offline. If you have access to their xbox you can go in and check. If you are the Parent and you want it set to online for personal
    reasons you can do this via your PC
    Change Xbox Privacy
    though you can also do it on their Xbox. Though if they are just siblings you may need to ask them if they have changed their settings as they may not have realized they are set to offline.

Hopefully this helps with your question, please let us know if it does help
  3. Balistic Chick Win User

Its possible there might be a setting on their account that prevents people from seeing their status or they might be appearing offline. Outside of those possibilities im not sure what the issue could be
  4. A Girl Tee Hee Win User

Mine will do that every so often , everyone will show offline. After i restart my console it goes back to normal. Like stated before they may be set to offline .
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Why are you in support of more restrictions?

[quote user="SummeryObject5"]LOL. All this online check in and drm and you believe they will just look the other way.[/quote]Demographically, I'm not seeing ten family members in one household as being "normal", and it's a pretty arbitrary distinction. It
    seems to be set up for multi-household.
    I am guessing all Xbox's will have to be in the same home, all sharing the same IP.
    That makes too many assumptions about home network infrastructure. In my own abode I can put my consoles on five distinct
    IP addresses spread across three different ISPs.

We'll see when the rules are finalized. No sense in debating it now.
  6. Grievous Angel Win User

Solutions - what does MS have to do to fix this mess for you to buy day one

Let me share a copy of a $60 collar game with members of my own family, who are on the same XBL Gold Family account, across more than one (like, two) xboxes in the same household.

Otherwise, I'm OUT.
Thema:

1. Why can I not see family members online status in the same household on a different xbox one - Similar Threads - Why family members

2. Why doesn't Xbox One X/ Xbox one family have themes or live wallpapers?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't Xbox One X/ Xbox one family have themes or live wallpapers?: Does anyone know why we don't have themes anymore like previous on the Xbox 360 and will we ever get live wallpapers, even the PS3 had live wallpapers and PS4 does as well, I feel like many gamers...
  3. Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out?: Why is the add money to family member, account balance greyed out? I want to send that money. You can only add money via PayPal and VISA Credit card. Looks like a bit of a swindle to me grrrr...
  4. Why do my full games show up as demos for my xbox 360 family?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do my full games show up as demos for my xbox 360 family?: Hello my name is James, I am having issues with my xbox 360 s. When i go to my account that is head of my xbox family I downloaded all my xbox 360 games, like Halo 3, minecraft, Motocross...
  5. Microsoft: Why do you keep disabling my family's and other family's Reward accounts!??!?!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Why do you keep disabling my family's and other family's Reward accounts!??!?!: Microsoft (Routers): Why do you keep disabling my family's and other family's Reward accounts!??!?! Dear Microsoft Rewards, Why do you keep disabling and enabling people's Microsoft Reward...
  6. I can't block Fortnight using family screentime settings. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't block Fortnight using family screentime settings. Why?: My daughter has installed Fortnight. To play the game it does not require you to login to an account therefore none of the screen time limits work for this game and I cannot control the amount of...
  7. Why did you take away the Family Timer on XBOX One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did you take away the Family Timer on XBOX One?: Why did you not put a family timer on the Xbox One? I saw numerous posts on your forums of parents begging you to put the family timer back, or even charge us a small fee to add it. I am one of...
  8. Why won't it let me access multi player? It says I need to turn my family settings off. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me access multi player? It says I need to turn my family settings off. ...: I have been trying to gain access to multiplayer but it says I need to turn my family settings off. Where do I do this? Every time I click on the family option, the only thing it asks for is to...
  9. Family sharing, why can't we share with mote then 1 console, same IP address same network......

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing, why can't we share with mote then 1 console, same IP address same network......: deer Xbox Live I would like to propose that you write a code 4 families that own 3 to 4 Xbox One consoles with the option of sharing on all of them with one account instead of just one Console,...
  10. i dont know why my account has 2 bans on it. mightve been hacked, or friend/family member

in XBoX on Consoles
    i dont know why my account has 2 bans on it. mightve been hacked, or friend/family member: my account has 2 bans on it. One for harassment (yet I got com banned and can't send messages/ go in any form of chat) and the other is com ban even tho I don't send messages (so might've been...