Why can i not update a powera wired controller

Discus and support Why can i not update a powera wired controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have recently bought a powera controller that is wired and a new headset for the controller . However to get my mic to actually work i have to update... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by bob_bob_bob_bob_bob, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Why can i not update a powera wired controller

I have recently bought a powera controller that is wired and a new headset for the controller . However to get my mic to actually work i have to update the controller but it does not give me the option to update it. i have even tried on my pc but that just
    does the same thing the only options are , assigned to my account , this controller signs in my account , buzz and connected device headset. can anyone help?

:)

bob_bob_bob_bob_bob, Jan 13, 2021
  2. PARZIVAL XB1X Win User

Is there a smaller xbox one controller for someone with medical problems?

I think powerA make a small controller its wired but its half the size of a standard controller i belive
  3. Kmac15 Win User

Ingame Sound Problems with a new Controller

I have a powera controller also and experienced the same issues. U will need to plug it into a PC then go to powera website to update the firmware and calibrate it. Here's the link

https://support.powera.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000321003-Firmware-Updates-for-Xbox-One-Controllers
  4. AP4RK Win User

PowerA enhanced wired controller

Do you know the latest firmware version for the PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller on the Xbox One console? I think that they updated a while ago and i am not sure whether i have the right version. My firmware is version 1.1.279.2 on console.
  5. AP4RK Win User

The controller has a detachable usb cable.

I tried the same usb cable with another Xbox One controller and i still got disconnected with movement of the cable. I wanted to test the Enhanced Wired Controller with another usb cable but i dont have any others that fit as the controller has a slightly
    different port for the cable.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

I haven't used the devices myself, but there are a few things I would recommend trying.

I'd first take a look at the PowerA support site, and see if there are forms, FAQ, or support channels there that might be able to help. They'll be more focused on the specific product there, and might be able to offer more targeted support.

In addition to that, I'd check if you get the same result on a different device? A quick glance leads me to believe that they are compatbile with Windows 10, so I'd try plugging the device in there and seeing if you see the same pattern of disconnection.
    That will help determine if the device is the issue, or if it's the console.

Best of luck! Let us know how the further testing goes or if you have any other questions!
Thema:

Why can i not update a powera wired controller

1. Why can i not update a powera wired controller - Similar Threads - Why update powera

2. Why do updates just randomly happen when on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do updates just randomly happen when on Xbox?: An ongoing issue that has never been fixed, due to Microsoft being so incompetent its a joke... Why do console updates just randomly happen to people at random, usually when in the middle of a...
  3. why is mc not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is mc not updating: so i got the 1.16 version of mc on xbox but for some reason it's still on 1.16.2. i dont know what to do and i need help 7a470639-c162-4e4c-95ef-0522712a6d56
  4. Why does Series S force close a paused/minimized game session when there's an update for it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Series S force close a paused/minimized game session when there's an update for it?: I get no chance to get into the game and make sure I saved, it just force closes it and tells me there's an update. This is an awful user experience coming from other consoles. I have "Keep my...
  5. Canceled updates uninstalled games why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Canceled updates uninstalled games why?: So i canceled a couple of updates for BFV and warzone and the system uninstalled both games. Its fricken stupid as hell. It took me 3 weeks to install both the first time. I think microsoft needs...
  6. Why doesn't Minecraft : Xbox One Edition have any new update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Minecraft : Xbox One Edition have any new update?: I've been playing a lot with this game. But why isn't it getting any new updates since like 2 years? I mean, every minecrafts are getting updates, but why is this one forgotten so much? When i...
  7. New update tells you why download is going slow

in XboX Insiders
    New update tells you why download is going slow: [IMG] submitted by /u/Seanpr92 [link] [comments]
  8. Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?

in XboX Insiders
    Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?: I'm in the middle of a ranked rocket league match, finally getting my groove and doing well, and the goddamn xbox blacks out and then goes into a system update. Why was I not even given an option...
  9. Why is my fortnite save the world updating Geting to 100% then stoping then when I cancel...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my fortnite save the world updating Geting to 100% then stoping then when I cancel...: When i log in to fortnite save the world it says i need a update but it gets stuck at 100% & then still does not let me play save the world then when i canel it it delets from my xbox then when i...
  10. Updated modern warfare overnight and the digital download isnt visible why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated modern warfare overnight and the digital download isnt visible why: What do I have to do to get back the game a03f5c47-c135-47e9-a005-64e7b82e57b7