why can't i capture 1080p hdr clips? :(

Discus and support why can't i capture 1080p hdr clips? :( in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; when i go to the capture settings there's only 2 options 720p SDR (3 minutes max) 1080 SDR (1 minute max) is there a 1080p HDR option? im... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HoneyBadger770, Jan 13, 2022.

1. why can't i capture 1080p hdr clips? :(

when i go to the capture settings there's only 2 options

1. 720p SDR (3 minutes max)

2. 1080 SDR (1 minute max)

is there a 1080p HDR option? im playing on a monitor btw and its not 4k only 1080p

submitted by /u/HoneyBadger770
    [link] [comments]

/u/HoneyBadger770, Jan 13, 2022
  2. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

Seems weird that it can't as the Xbox One S does 1080p HDR, can't you just change the resolution to 1080p in the settings and have HDR enabled in the advanced video settings
  3. Paul1708 Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.

I understand that HDR is not related to resolution and that most 1080P displays that do support it are less common that 4K displays, but there are definitely models that do, mine included.

I can play PS4 games on 1080P with HDR but not XB1 games.. I don't understand why MS isn't supporting HDR alongside 1080P ?
    Sure its a good point but its proberly about demand. There isnt really any 1080p TVS on the market that support HDR so why would they. However if you would like too see this then you can leave feedback and ideas here feedback.xbox.com
  4. Mr Crynox Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
    I understand that HDR is not related to resolution and that most 1080P displays that do support it are less common that 4K displays, but there are definitely models that do, mine included.

I can play PS4 games on 1080P with HDR but not XB1 games.. I don't understand why MS isn't supporting HDR alongside 1080P ?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one X MUST SUPPORT FHD HDR!

Better question would be WHY?

there is a reason why sony does 1080p hdr that was before hdr was finalized and even then sony doesnt support hdr properly I have a samsung 4k tv it doesnt do 4k hdr on ps 4 pro but yet if you know anything about the ps4 pro hdr youd know better youd be
    lucky to ger it working on a sony 4k tv

Common man its a simple google search

You dont want ps4 pro hdr

Sony doesnt do 4k natively it doesnt have the power

What it does is expand your pixels to look like 4k aka checkered rendering.or upscaling

It shows in high speed sports games likr fifa

I had my samsung color synced proprrly yet everytime my ps4 pro refused hdr 4k or hdr 1080p which looks fine on paper not so much in actual support

1080p hdr was developed before hdr was finalized

Its very rare to grt a tv to even supporr thr proprr hdr10

At 1080p because most of them are more likely to have been made before 4k hdr was made
  6. EastCornet16601 Win User

xbox one s can't support FHD / QHD HDR

Xbox one s only supports HDR game in UHD 4K2K 60Hz Timing.

As a result, there is a number of of FHD / QHD displays that suppot HDR can't turn on HDR in Xbox one s.

It should also support FUD / QHD HDR for better compatibility.

Suggest xbox developer to consider to support gaming HDR with 1080p @50/60 hz and 1440p @50/50 hz timings.
    Additionally, lots of VESA DPM DisplayHDR Displays are 1080P.
Thema:

why can't i capture 1080p hdr clips? :(

1. why can't i capture 1080p hdr clips? :( - Similar Threads - why can't capture

2. Why can't i play minecraft with Xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i play minecraft with Xbox game pass ultimate: [img] I used to play Minecraft Normally with my friends But when I woke up this morning I cannot play Minecraft anymore it say that I need to buy the game and I can play only the demo version...
  3. I can't launch Halo Infinite and I've tried reinstalling, resetting, and repairing. Why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch Halo Infinite and I've tried reinstalling, resetting, and repairing. Why...: [img] I can't launch my game and there's nothing online that I can find that can fix this. aa01f282-c687-4a95-8762-3325f206aed5
  4. Why can't the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, go as far back through captures as the the Xbox console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, go as far back through captures as the the Xbox console?: When I go through my captures on the console, I can look as far back as 3 or more years ago, when I look at them through the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, I can only go back 10 months from now....
  5. Tomb raider can't tune radio!!why. "Xbox one s"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb raider can't tune radio!!why. "Xbox one s": [img] I move the LS round for 10 minutes but I get nothing . I have closed out of the game and restated it twice but that doesn't work! Why do I always have issues with each game I play on my...
  6. Why can't I change my username on xbox from Dev elgato to my old name, Ar12 dev elgato?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my username on xbox from Dev elgato to my old name, Ar12 dev elgato?: Today I accidentally changed my xbox username and i can't get it back. Can someone help me with this? c8a8b257-b954-44e8-903b-7954f3df2aea
  7. Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I set my home console on 2 different generations?: I want to be able to play games on both my Xbox One X and my Series S, because my Series S doesn't have much storage on it, and I still plan to keep using my One X. But I'm only allowed to have...
  8. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  9. Why Can't I Sign Into my Old Gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I Sign Into my Old Gamertag?: A few weeks ago I changed my old xbox account's email from an old one to a new one. However, after signing in from the new account today I was signed into a brand new gamertag instead of my old...
  10. Why Can't I Delete Captures While Using Xbox.com?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Delete Captures While Using Xbox.com?: While using the microsoft website, clicking xbox, logging in to my xbox dashboard, selecting view captures, I can not delete DVR captures despite having the trash barrel icon on the video. Also I...