Why can't I change my GamerTag for Free?

Discus and support Why can't I change my GamerTag for Free? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I just had a chat conversation with someone in support. I spend a lot of money on an XBox One, paid for XBox Gold, and spend even more money on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ResignedIce5676, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Why can't I change my GamerTag for Free?

Hello. I just had a chat conversation with someone in support.

I spend a lot of money on an XBox One, paid for XBox Gold, and spend even more money on games so that I can play online. My current gamertag is which is obviously a pre-assigned XBox name which combines 2 words followed by numbers. I log
    into the XBox one website for the first time today and go through the process of changing my gamertag and it is trying to charge me 10 dollars. I chat with someone on support for 40 minutes and it takes more than 15 minutes for them to tell me they cannot
    help me.

It doesn't make sense to me that I have to spend all the money I have already spent to have no choice to play games online with a Gamertag I did not choose myself. I will gladly pay 10 dollars to change gamertag from one chosen name to the next self chosen
    name, but i did not choose and I would like to be able to change that name for free.

$400 - $500 dollars spent and I still need to pay to change a name I did not choose on a new account makes no sense to me or any consumer.

Please help.

:)

ResignedIce5676, Jan 19, 2017
  2. sGx TIESO
    sGx TIESO Guest
    help me

I can't change my gamertag why??? I need change my gamertag... but xbox live send me one messenger... this opperation failed error code # 8013AB07 please contact www.xboxlive.com/errorhelp. Why everybody say me why??

sGx TIESO, Jan 19, 2017
  3. sGx TIESO
    sGx TIESO Guest
    I have a problem, help me please

I can't change my gamertag error # 8013AB07...?? Why?? Help me please.??

sGx TIESO, Jan 19, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Your activity feed shows you changed your gamertag 2 days ago (DishierCamp7542 is now known as ResignedIce5676). so you have already used your free gamertag change. You would need to pay to change it to something else.

Smwutches, Jan 20, 2017
  5. I have no recollection of this change. Why would i change my name from 1 pre-assigned name to the next? Doesn't make any sense.

ResignedIce5676, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Why can't I change my gamertag?!

Hi Santos,

Since you were able to get it working. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved.

Brad
  7. FenixRevil Win User

Why I can't change my gamertag??

you can change the gamertag from any country, if you can't try to change regions, and if the problem continues then the ideal is to ask for help from xbox technical support
  8. JMoore5268 Win User

Why can't I change my gamertag?

"This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."
  9. Foxy2k Win User

Try the console to Reseting
  10. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, not sure what would be keeping you from changing your gamertag. Make sure your not on a childs account and make sure that the name you are trying to select is not prohibited.
Thema:

1. Why can't I change my GamerTag for Free? - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Why Can't I change my Profile Picture?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Can't I change my Profile Picture?: I have hardy this problem for days. When i try to customize it appears to me: "at this time it is not possible to change your image" 5e2e64f3-20de-44ee-84d0-ff0e6384eac9
  3. Why I can't change my gamertag??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't change my gamertag??: Why I can't change my gamertag if I live in country other than US??? 5e3b49ed-66fe-414c-9de9-95bc659aaea6
  4. Why Can't I change my Profile Picture?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Can't I change my Profile Picture?: Adjustments to custom picture uploads As people look to gaming for social connection, we’re seeing record numbers across Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live, and Mixer. To streamline moderation and ensure...
  5. Why can't I change a color on Xbox one x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change a color on Xbox one x controller?: I order a customized controller for xbox one x on Tuesday morning. I notice there was color problem on my D-pad I called and tried to see if they can change it before they ship it out but I was...
  6. why can't i change my profile pic anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can't i change my profile pic anymore: it won't change my profile pic anymore it keeps saying try again later its been doing that for a month 55f8d22f-15f6-4767-9dbf-113ac8e752f3
  7. Why can't I change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I change my gamertag?: I want to use the gamertag "Jkhorvschki". It won't let me and it won't tell me why. It just says no. This is a name I've been using for years in various games, it is not offensive, it is not an...
  8. Why can't I change my profile pic on the Xbox App?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my profile pic on the Xbox App?: I've tried changing this for a while now, three computers' I have used. I have checked the XboxLive code of conduct. It doesn't violate it. Please help. Whenever I enter my photo, it says next, so...
  9. Why Can't I Change My Xbox Gamerpic?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I Change My Xbox Gamerpic?: No matter which account i use it will not let me change it. It keeps on saying Sorry something went wrong while uploading this image. Try again later. It really makes me mad to see this after all...
  10. Why is Gamepass only exclusive to US? I can't change it to my country preventing me from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Gamepass only exclusive to US? I can't change it to my country preventing me from...: Here's the issue, I can't really set it to a different country, Its literally stuck to US [img] 68357269-631e-447b-a11e-46335b8595a6