why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1

Discus and support why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; if I own a movie why cant I download it directly to my xbox instead of having to stream it this is not right and should be adressed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kevinfoster5, Aug 18, 2019.

1. kevinfoster5
    kevinfoster5 Guest

if I own a movie why cant I download it directly to my xbox instead of having to stream it this is not right and should be adressed

:)

kevinfoster5, Aug 18, 2019
  2. JTL1E Win User

you might have pre ordered it
  3. ArminatorX Win User

It might be licensing contracts of the movie publisher that forces Microsoft to only allow streaming.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

But.. you have purchased the movie in question. If you buy a copy of something you should be able to download it. You have purchased a licence to own....
    Usually, you purchase a license to play the movie. You do not "own" a digital download. The publisher (i.e. the movie studio) can make up the rules on how you access your licensed right to watch the movie. If they allow a download, they you can download
    it. If they only allow streaming, then you can't download it and have to watch it while being online.
  5. Biggshow Win User

It might be licensing contracts of the movie publisher that forces Microsoft to only allow streaming.
    But.. you have purchased the movie in question. If you buy a copy of something you should be able to download it. You have purchased a licence to own. Therefore, there should be a way to do this. I was disappointed to find I cannot watch my movies when my
    internet is out. So now I will no longer buy any movies digitally. I agree there should be a way to download a purchased item to your system for future use.
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

I use the Movies Anywhere app, im not too worried about the movie being downloaded. I’ll use that space for games
Thema:

1. why cant i download purchased movies to my xbox 1 - Similar Threads - why cant download

2. Why cant download Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one. Comes up saying you must be connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant download Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one. Comes up saying you must be connected to...: Im having a very annoying issue where I cant play any xbox 360 game online. I try to sign in and download my profile but it says i cant connect to xbox live. I tried hard resetting...
  3. why cant xbox 1 download content from internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    why cant xbox 1 download content from internet: why cant xbox 1 download content from internet why cant we download anything. from the internet to our xbox 1 consoles when i try it says xbox cant download. error xbox doesnt support it y and r u...
  4. why i cant download bf3 for xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i cant download bf3 for xbox 360: i have gold membership and when i go to download the game there is no button to press 9aef01ed-9ca3-474e-a7a2-097abb982d7e
  5. why cant download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant download: Im trying to download to games with gold, and cant buy it, a message saying error, billing can not be processed, does any one know why? c396cbf0-bb53-4e0a-9bb5-768c61a92b81
  6. why i cant download monopoly streets if i purchase it 3 years ago?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i cant download monopoly streets if i purchase it 3 years ago?: my hard drive is erase and cant find the game in the store!!!! 0f5f14b3-8ccd-44ad-9423-8aa520ccae33
  7. why cant i download new things for my avatar

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant i download new things for my avatar: so ive had problems. trying to buy things or download specific things like accessories. for my avatar it tells me to change the settings in my Xbox. account but ive done it and ive allowed...
  8. I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...: Right now im trying to install my last profile Chattiestomb79 my xbox is saying that it cant be downloaded and i wanna install it but its like its saying tht my xbox dont feel like doing work...
  9. Purchased movies from xbox store..why cant i download for offline use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased movies from xbox store..why cant i download for offline use: I have purchased movies from the xbox store...why cant i download the movies i purchased to my HDD for offline viewing so i dont have to pay for the data i use from the cable company everytime i...
  10. why cant i download the orange box onto xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant i download the orange box onto xbox one: on backwards compatability why cant i download the orange. box??? ee4249a1-bb0e-4fc1-a56f-bcfc22b91917