why cant i install or play gears 5

Discus and support why cant i install or play gears 5 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought the xbox pass yesterday and downloaded 4-5 games one including gears 5 i played it for a bit but then i had to go i came back the next day... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Paradox8393, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Paradox8393
    Paradox8393 Guest

I bought the xbox pass yesterday and downloaded 4-5 games one including gears 5 i played it for a bit but then i had to go i came back the next day going on to the xbox app on my pc (where i played the game btw)to try launch gears 5 it would not launch
    or do anything other than the xbox app pop saying they will minimize to improve performance i have a gtx 1070 ti so performance inst much of an issue i dont think and it ran smoothly be4 this.after this happened i restated my pc several time and uninstalled
    the game and tried to re install the game and the same thing happened nothing no pop up this time just nothing.i can play other games ive plenty of space on my hard drive and yes it was downloading on to my hard drive im sure of it.also after i uninstalled
    the game it dosent leave the left side of the screen where the game icon is i tested this by uninstalling dead by day light and it left like it should but my gears 5 icon is still their while not being downloaded anymore and not being able to download it back
    and anyway i wasent able to play it when it was downloaded. i looked around online for a solution and every1 is saying about windows but yesterday when i got the pass and got the xbox app it updated windows for me so i wouodnt see why it wud be that please
    help gears 5 was the main reason i got the xbox pass

:)

Paradox8393, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Paradox8393 Win User

Nope nothing comes up the only thing that comes up is a pop up saying do I want to minimise the Xbox app that it and then nothing happens after that
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

where are the games in the microsoft store it just saids 69.99 for the game nothing about game pass
    You should see it on the home page or type Gears in the search box. If your not seeing instal or play, nor the phrase included with game pass, then game pass is not attached to the account you are signed in with.

You should see something similar to the image below, if you are signed in with the correct account that has game pass.

[​IMG]
  4. Paradox8393 Win User

where are the games in the micro soft store it just saids 69.99 for the game nothing about game pass
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

it siads a parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name "allusersstart"
    Well I'm not sure what happened there.

Have you tried just installing the game from the microsoft store instead of through the xbox beta app?
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this:

Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.

Try installing the game again.

Also look into the link here: Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10
Thema:

1. why cant i install or play gears 5 - Similar Threads - why cant install

2. Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a mute icon stuck on my xbox and cant get any audio?: I am getting no audio, have done a factory reset, have used 3 different headsets, two different controllers, and i still have a mute icon next to the battery on the home screen. I can have no...
  3. i cant play xcloud, why can i not play it

in XboX Insiders
    i cant play xcloud, why can i not play it: [IMG] submitted by /u/waylen0001 [link] [comments]
  4. mincraft on xbox oonbe cant connect to me on pc anymore? why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mincraft on xbox oonbe cant connect to me on pc anymore? why?: Hi i used to play with my little brother, and we tried today to play again after a while. we are trying to play on lan but it does not work when i am the LAN server. but when he is on the xbox...
  5. Why cant we play multiplayer games without gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant we play multiplayer games without gold: I'm switching to ps4 because paying to playing multiplayer is just dumb and f2p games kinda ruins the game of "free" in my opinion I would love if they changed it...
  6. Why cant i install it? Why is it not in the xbox store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i install it? Why is it not in the xbox store?: Hey so I'd like to report a problem That problem being is that I can't install resident evil 7 biohazerd gold edition for some odd reason as it doesn't even recognize the disc. I have the disc...
  7. why cant i re-install vault tec workshop dlc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i re-install vault tec workshop dlc?: i went to play fallout 4 and found out that my save file was missing content, later finding out vault tec was missing from the add on list but was installed on my console. i uninstalled it...
  8. why cant i instal battlefeild 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i instal battlefeild 4: I have loads of memory on my 360 but when trying to install battlefield 4 it keeps telling me to choose another memory device why ??? what am I doing wrong?? 4249f6a8-9612-433a-a1cc-60e44e0a3d84
  9. I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant download a profile i deleted by mistake and idk why its not letting me install my old ...: Right now im trying to install my last profile Chattiestomb79 my xbox is saying that it cant be downloaded and i wanna install it but its like its saying tht my xbox dont feel like doing work...
  10. Why I cant instal game to USB flash disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I cant instal game to USB flash disc?: I connect USB falsh disc to my Xbox 360 but I cant instal games on it... Can you let me know why? Thanks for HELP! BR Tomas 348de911-8e95-4385-bac8-9f43c173eff0