Why can't I install the game I purchased any more?

Discus and support Why can't I install the game I purchased any more? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition in 2018 and have been playing that game from time to time. Today when I tried to start it I got the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Albin Bergström, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Why can't I install the game I purchased any more?

I bought the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition in 2018 and have been playing that game from time to time. Today when I tried to start it I got the following error message:

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

As part of trying to find a solution to that problem I first reset the game files via Windows but to no avail so I uninstalled the game in hope of fixing it with a reinstallation. So now the game is uninstalled but when I go to Microsoft Store to download it anew it says that the game is not currently available:

https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/p/age-of-empires-definitive-edition/9n2kmdvlk85d

There's a button telling me I can redeem a code but I have no such code.

What to do?

I'm running Windows 10 Education, as updated as can be (10.0.19044 Build 19044 in my case).

:)

Albin Bergström, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Albin! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please confirm that the email you are using to log in the Microsoft store app is the one that made the purchase of the game by logging in this site and looking for the purchase

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If you find it, please share a screenshot, but don't include any personal information
  3. SkullMan87 Win User

Why can't I purchase games?

*sigh* Yup...this brought me to the right place where I can buy it. I shouldn't have done the exact instructions it told me to do, I guess I should've figured Xbox wasn't going to make anything obvious, they never do.

Thank you.
  4. DreadGrrl Win User

What specific games, and from what store (Microsoft or Xbox, website or console)?
  5. SkullMan87 Win User

Not a child account, I'm 33 lol. I've had this account since 360 Elite came out and buy stuff all the time, just got something about 2 weeks ago so they have my card on file.
  6. RoyalCeltic2018 Win User

That's interesting. I would first contact xbox on the phone for this one. You should be able to change your location through your Microsoft account. All the best.
Thema:

1. Why can't I install the game I purchased any more? - Similar Threads - Why can't install

2. Can't install newest update, no idea why, now I can't go online anymore. 'There was a...

in XboX Insiders
    Can't install newest update, no idea why, now I can't go online anymore. 'There was a...: Picture of the error It immediately goes to that 2 seconds after it tries downloading the update. Try again button does nothing. What can I do? Changed from wireless connection to cable, NAT is...
  3. Does anyone know why I can't install any games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why I can't install any games?: Whenever I press the install button on anygame in the Microsoft store nothing happens and now I cant reinstall any game :( 1fa594ef-ea19-4249-aec5-2cdcfedb5a43
  4. Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.: My xbox app won't change my driver when I try to install games and my other driver won't appear as an option. Thank you. [img] [img] ff341c19-e467-4a4f-83d7-87c8069a9230
  5. Why can't I install Overwatch: Origins Edition on my Xbox Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Overwatch: Origins Edition on my Xbox Series S?: So I've been playing on Xbox One since 2016, and finally decided it was time for an upgrade. I bought a Series S, got it all hooked up, and downloaded most of my games to it. But I can't install...
  6. Why can't I install games from the Xbox App on Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install games from the Xbox App on Windows 10?: I am trying to install games in the Xbox App on Windows 10 but it won't let me select a drive. Has anyone else seen this? [img] [img] 8d7f4fc9-c664-4595-b8dc-510a9d9ea74a
  7. Why can't I install Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox 1S? It's supposed to be...

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't I install Microsoft flight simulator on my Xbox 1S? It's supposed to be...: I've tried downloading the game multiple ways but keep getting an error message... Is this because of the preview program or is this just bugged on the series S? submitted by...
  8. Why can't I install minecraft on my Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Windows 10?: Greetings, Years ago I bought Minecraft for xbox. Now, I want to install it on my pc, but this is not possible for some reason. When I go to the ms store, it says I own the game, however, when I...
  9. Why can't I install games on my xbox app (microsoft)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install games on my xbox app (microsoft)?: I got the gme pass to play sea of thieves, but when I press the install button, I just get a big black/grey box with just an x that sits there until I click away. How do I fix this? I really...
  10. Why can't left 4 dead game of the year be installed on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't left 4 dead game of the year be installed on Xbox one: Can't get my left 4 dead game of the year for Xbox 360 disc version to install on my Xbox one S when I try to install I get message having trouble getting this content disc plays fine in 360 when...