Why can't I play game from my external hard drive

Discus and support Why can't I play game from my external hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As of recently I've gotten a problem with my hard drive i can play my games and use my apps until my hardrive starts working and I can't access... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Enderassassin58, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Why can't I play game from my external hard drive

As of recently I've gotten a problem with my hard drive i can play my games and use my apps until my hardrive starts working and I can't access anything from that point forward other than my settings.

:)

Enderassassin58, Nov 14, 2018
  2. OrcaAmity
    OrcaAmity Guest
    Why Can't I Always Download To My External Hard Drive?

I have an external hard drive that hardly has anything in it and my Xbox always detects my external hard drive when I boot-up. Why is it now every time I want to download a game I have to free-up space in my internal hard drive? Why can't I download to my
    external hard drive anymore? I'm fed-up with this. I paid a lot of money for an external hard drive and I have to keep on uninstalling games from my internal hard drive to download new games. Then when I want to play the other ones again and I to uninstall
    something else and spend ages install the other game again. My external hard drive has only used about 30GB's and it's a 1TB hard drive. I just bought GTA V and I had to uninstall two games from my internal hard drive. It should have downloaded to my external
    hard drive. How do I fix this? Thanks.

OrcaAmity, Nov 14, 2018
  3. External hard drive problems

I was playing Xbox one evening and my console froze, so I restarted and tried playing again, most of my games were installed on my external hard drive. I tried playing every game I had on my external hard drive and none would start.

I completely reset my console and external hard drive, i installed games on my internal hard drive and they all work, but the games I installed on my external hard drive still do not work.

CanadianSnipper, Nov 14, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey Assassin thanks for brining this issue to us!

We are sorry this issue has come up but rest assured we are here to assist. First things first the issue sounds like it could be coming from
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 14, 2018
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Assassin thanks for brining this issue to us!

We are sorry this issue has come up but rest assured we are here to assist. First things first the issue sounds like it could be coming from
    the problem might be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a

Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  6. {Parity} Win User

Harddrive questions

You can't disable the internal hard drive. Go ahead and attach an external hard drive and move all you games/apps/saves to it and run your games from the external drive.
  7. uG87 by RAW Win User

is there a possibility to create a second account on my new external 2,5 SDD

@BookishFlunky90

# It is easy to create a new GAMERTAG, but I want to save everything from the new GAMERTAG on the external hard drive

# The reason why I want to create a new ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG for family members and guests on an external hard drive is:

1. the second Gamertag will get an other email and own XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT

2. I will install different games which I won't play, but family members will play

3. I want to split the games between the hard drive from the XBOX ONE ELITE and the external hard drive

4. so they(user from the new/second GAMERTAG) can install/play what they want on the external hard drive

# U are right that we had more free space on the XBOX 360!
  8. SMG90x Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive already to small.

So when i buy an external hard drive do will that add on to my console storage or do games i install install to the external hard drive and my xbox one will play them from there? just curious
  9. BriBear Win User

Xbox issue

I moved my games from the internal hard drive to the external hard drive to see if my games won't kick me to the dashboard I tried it yesterday with a external hard drive I had never used for my Xbox. My games were never on the external hard drive they
    were in the internal hard drive. Also I downloaded trove and it kicks me to the dashboard as well.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play game from my external hard drive - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. WANT TO PLAY WITH GRANDSON UPSTAIRS ON HIS XBOX, AND ME DOWNSTAIRS ON MY XBOX. WHY CAN'T...

in XBoX Accessibility
    WANT TO PLAY WITH GRANDSON UPSTAIRS ON HIS XBOX, AND ME DOWNSTAIRS ON MY XBOX. WHY CAN'T...: I have game pass ultimate. There are 2 Xboxs' in my home I have (1) downstairs, and he has (1) upstairs. Until 2 months ago he and I could both log into my gamepass, with different user names. Now...
  3. Why can't I log in while playing XBox 360 games on my Series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I log in while playing XBox 360 games on my Series S?: I have attempt to run several 360 games on my Series S. I am already logged in on my system, but when I try to run my 360 games, the games request I use my email and password to sign in. It...
  4. Why can't i play any of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i play any of my games?: Why can't I play any of my games? ! 394357af-9508-4632-ba58-dee681f8c998
  5. Why can't I play Cold War?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Cold War?: So I bought Call of Duty Cold War Ultimate Edition before beta. I was able to play the beta and once the game came out I was able to play that as well until a bit ago when I was in the middle of a...
  6. Why can't I play mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox one s: Why can't I play mortal Kombat 11 on Xbox one s after I install it 21e7792b-1947-4440-8427-bb71f773a92b
  7. Porque ya mi hijo no puede jugar su juego de Gears 3 ? [Why can't my child play his Gears 3...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Porque ya mi hijo no puede jugar su juego de Gears 3 ? [Why can't my child play his Gears 3...: Buenas noches: Hace más de 4 años le obsequie a mi hijo la consola de xbox one y compramos el juego de Gears 4 , el cual incluía cuatro juegos adicionales de la saga. Resulta que en días...
  8. Gave my Xbox and games away...why can't my games be played?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gave my Xbox and games away...why can't my games be played?: Good day everyone, I recently gave away my xbox console and games to my nephew. Is there a way he can play them without using my account? Can he create his own account and play all the hard copy...
  9. Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?: I've been at this for two hours. One of my children can add friends. One gets a message about needing to make a change to their privacy settings. They're the same age (twins), and as far as I can...
  10. I don't know why I can't still play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't know why I can't still play multiplayer: I have multiplayer ALLOWED but I can't still play multiplayer on minecraft why? b195f43f-5c0e-43ae-837a-95e054d1ed3d