Why can't I purchase games?

Discus and support Why can't I purchase games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Go to the game store, it tells me Left 4 Dead is available for my Xbox One. Go to buy it, and it tells me it's not available, that I have to buy it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SkullMan87, Aug 8, 2020.

1. SkullMan87
    SkullMan87 Guest

Go to the game store, it tells me Left 4 Dead is available for my Xbox One. Go to buy it, and it tells me it's not available, that I have to buy it from xbox.com.

I go to xbox.com, and it tells me its unavailable and that I have to purchase it from xbox.com even though thats where [mod removed] I am.

The full thing it says is "Buy on xbox.com or Xbox 360. You can't buy this on Xbox One". Are they seriously expecting people to buy a second, outdated system specifically to purchase a game, so I can then go to my newer console and finally play it??

:)

SkullMan87, Aug 8, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. SkullMan87 Win User

*sigh* Yup...this brought me to the right place where I can buy it. I shouldn't have done the exact instructions it told me to do, I guess I should've figured Xbox wasn't going to make anything obvious, they never do.

Thank you.
  3. DreadGrrl Win User

What specific games, and from what store (Microsoft or Xbox, website or console)?
  4. SkullMan87 Win User

Not a child account, I'm 33 lol. I've had this account since 360 Elite came out and buy stuff all the time, just got something about 2 weeks ago so they have my card on file.
  5. RoyalCeltic2018 Win User

That's interesting. I would first contact xbox on the phone for this one. You should be able to change your location through your Microsoft account. All the best.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Thema:

1. Why can't I purchase games? - Similar Threads - Why can't purchase

2. Why can't I purchase left for dead directly on the Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I purchase left for dead directly on the Xbox one?: I can purchase it on xbox.com and it says it's compatible with xbox one. However i purchased the demo, which was free, and i cannot get that to install on my console. It states on the site that...
  3. Why can't I use my purchased DLC content any longer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I use my purchased DLC content any longer?: I've been in touch with Microsoft (no help) and 2K (no help). I purchased WWE 2k16 when it came out and the Season Pass DLC ($27ish) when it came out. I have the digital copy of the game and can...
  4. Why can't I purchase a simple game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I purchase a simple game?: I'm very disappointed with Microsoft. I'm deployed and having issue after issue. I can't purchase a simple 360 game (Black Ops 1). First I can't buy it via Xbox One nor the Microsoft store itself....
  5. Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?: So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't exist. Every game achievement, etc, associated...
  6. Why can't I pay a game that I purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I pay a game that I purchased?: I recently purchased Destiny 2. Now my xbox has decided I no longer own it and it will not allow me to play it. 1b1849e6-5628-4c4d-a380-d251e55e3084
  7. Pioneer 1018 AH-K: why can't I purchase any of the add-on's for goat simulator on the new ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Pioneer 1018 AH-K: why can't I purchase any of the add-on's for goat simulator on the new ...: Pioneer (Audio/Video Receivers) 1018 AH-K: why can't I purchase any of the add-on's for goat simulator on the new Zealand and Australia server? I've had goat simulator for around two year and I've...
  8. Why can't I purchase games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I purchase games?: First, I used to live in the US, where I made my Microsoft account and started playing on the Xbox. And I have moved to Korea, for a personal reason, and have purchased a US Xbox One. I have...
  9. Can't purchase Burnout Paradise on the market place-why?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't purchase Burnout Paradise on the market place-why?: Everytime I go to the game, which is on sale, it does not have a 'buy' option present. 210ecad8-3b42-40ba-b36d-113d5dec95d9
  10. Why can't I purchase gold live membership with the money in my account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I purchase gold live membership with the money in my account?: I can't buy the gold live deals (like £1 in black market and the 1 month free) even though I do have the money for it. dd7a6c90-877b-4694-bf66-2cb86faa6314