Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty

Discus and support Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by any gamerguy, Aug 22, 2019.

1. any gamerguy
    any gamerguy Guest

I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing register devices and accessories lets me register the console only - there is no option to register accessories.
    I am in the UK.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

any gamerguy, Aug 22, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Gamer,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. As Parity mentioned there is no way of registering the controller itself. Repairs are done through the console. If have an issue with the controller can request a call from support to assist you.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. {Parity} Win User

There is no method of registering your controller. Just keep the sales receipt for proof of purchase.
  4. LunaLight7 Win User

There is no method to insert the controller between the devices covered by warranty on your account. In general, the one-year warranty rule applies to all Xbox accessories at the time of purchase, while the console has a 24-month warranty and can be registered.
  5. any gamerguy Win User

Thank you Brad, i will try this.
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello any gamerguy!

Thanks for responding...

Just like XBF Brad A mentioned above, You must set up a callback from Xbox Customer Support by following the steps he provided and they'll
    set up everything for you once you provide them with your receipt / proof of purchase. They will send you an email, and you'll reply to them with a screen shot or photo of your proof of purchase / receipt.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty - Similar Threads - Why can’t register

2. Why can’t we upload videos of cheaters when reporting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t we upload videos of cheaters when reporting?: I enjoy playing a few matches of UFC 3 daily. 80% of the community remaining are lag switchers(exploiters). Its evident when they start doing this, and 99% of the time they will either accuse you...
  3. Why can’t I install the purchased DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I install the purchased DLC?: Hello. I’ve purchased Destiny 2’s Forsaken & Shadowkeep and I don’t seem to be able to install them? when I view them on the Store it shows me ‘Buy’. Where can I download them exactly?!...
  4. Why I can’t play with my friends in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can’t play with my friends in Minecraft: I tried to join my friend’s world and I was unable to connect, then he tried to join to mine’s and he couldn’t. Maybe is because I can’t log in my account to the game I ask for help to fix this...
  5. Why can’t microsoft figure out how to update Xbox one when I am NOT in the kiddlenof a show...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t microsoft figure out how to update Xbox one when I am NOT in the kiddlenof a show...: Why is it that every other service I use is able to update their product without interrupting my use of the product? It is one of the most ridiculous things in tech world that when I am using my...
  6. Why can’t I connect to my sibling’s world in Minecraft PE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to my sibling’s world in Minecraft PE?: We’re all using the same wifi and can’t connect to each others world, but we can join a friend’s world who is in another country. And that friend can join our worlds. we tried deleting the app...
  7. NAT problems and why can’t I get gold membership free first time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT problems and why can’t I get gold membership free first time?: Ok guys please help. I use to be a BIG gamer like 7 years ago. I remember getting a 1 month gold membership for free for first timers. Is that still true now?? If so please help me to get it. Im...
  8. Why can’t I see my online stats on Madden20 xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I see my online stats on Madden20 xbox one?: I can’t see my stats? Why is that? Anyone else with this issue? thanks! f3108d82-d384-476c-89e1-5fe536570307
  9. Why can’t I file share 2k20?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I file share 2k20?: How do i file share 2k20 with my son? 0bca60b9-e8db-4c3b-9936-c160ab376649
  10. Why can’t I upload my photos

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I upload my photos: Dear Microsoft, I just tried to upload a gamer picture, and I dont know why me out of all people was targeted for a restriction of uploading my pictures when I haven’t uploaded anything...