Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty

Discus and support Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by any gamerguy, Aug 22, 2019.

1. any gamerguy
    any gamerguy Guest

I need to return the controller which is in its 3 month warranty period. The only apparent way is to register it on my microsoft account. Choosing register devices and accessories lets me register the console only - there is no option to register accessories.
    I am in the UK.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

:)

any gamerguy, Aug 22, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Gamer,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. As Parity mentioned there is no way of registering the controller itself. Repairs are done through the console. If have an issue with the controller can request a call from support to assist you.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. {Parity} Win User

There is no method of registering your controller. Just keep the sales receipt for proof of purchase.
  4. LunaLight7 Win User

There is no method to insert the controller between the devices covered by warranty on your account. In general, the one-year warranty rule applies to all Xbox accessories at the time of purchase, while the console has a 24-month warranty and can be registered.
  5. any gamerguy Win User

Thank you Brad, i will try this.
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello any gamerguy!

Thanks for responding...

Just like XBF Brad A mentioned above, You must set up a callback from Xbox Customer Support by following the steps he provided and they'll
    set up everything for you once you provide them with your receipt / proof of purchase. They will send you an email, and you'll reply to them with a screen shot or photo of your proof of purchase / receipt.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Why can’t I register my Xbox one controller for the warranty - Similar Threads - Why can’t register

2. Why can’t I upload my photos

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I upload my photos: Dear Microsoft, I just tried to upload a gamer picture, and I dont know why me out of all people was targeted for a restriction of uploading my pictures when I haven’t uploaded anything...
  3. Can’t load a game to play I can load every game except one. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t load a game to play I can load every game except one. Why?: Anyone having problems loading the Division 2? a90464b6-0187-4d11-a35d-76a9879d792e
  4. Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I send messages from my Xbox app: well like the title said I am using it on the pc and I don't think I have a bad rep couse well my mic is dead so kinda hard to talk to anybody... e7356812-0b47-485c-9f77-03e16aa85c82
  5. Why can’t I connect to titanfall?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to titanfall?: i got the game a while ago but recently started playing it on xbox 1. The game was working fine other then closing down a couple times. But im trying to play and now it cant find and servers to...
  6. Why can’t I log into my account on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I log into my account on my Xbox 360?: When i turn my xbox 360 on it says i cant log into my account and if it doesnt then go to www.xbox.com/support. Can you walk me through this? c433207d-537f-4792-83d3-6353a854b67a
  7. Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on iOS why can’t I purchase games?: Maybe its just me but im pretty sure you use to be able to. You should be able to anyway or am I just missing something. 0a1a3b02-0031-481c-9045-d572640ffd6a
  8. Why can’t we delete our payment history shouldn’t be our choice Microsoft not yours

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t we delete our payment history shouldn’t be our choice Microsoft not yours: Why cant we delete our payment history thats our choice not yours 89bac3a0-cb65-4b21-8247-6741925a21f9
  9. Why can’t I reply more than once to a question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I reply more than once to a question: have a question posted,have been able to reply once to a reply but when i try and type another reply all i get is oops something went wrong,a mod had replied and then deleted their comment and now...
  10. Why can’t I sign in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I sign in?: I seem to be having a problem signing into my account, it keeps having the same error message when I try and log in. I don’t know whether this is an outage issue or not but its not allowing me to...