Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?

Discus and support Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ben1973, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Ben1973
    Ben1973 Guest

So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't exist. Every game achievement, etc, associated with that gamertag and XBOX live account is his. I have
    brought this up with XBOX help and they say the only way to transfer it would cause me to lose the primary email account that I have had for over 20 years. I find it ridiculous that one of the largest (if not the largest) software and technology conglomerate
    in the world can't fix this problem.

I am obviously not the only one with this issue as I have read many other threads regarding it. To my troglodyte brain it seems rather easy. Xbox Live is a separate service, why can't I choose to manage it separately without losing 20 years of data?

How do we get microsoft to allow transfer of a GamerTag and associated games and accomplishments without smoking our Hotmail or Outlook accounts?

I have contacted customer service numerous times on this issue and I know others have as well but apparently they don't care, does anyone else have any ideas?

:)

Ben1973, Mar 5, 2019
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

No service that I know lets you do that
  3. PiotrOleszczuk Win User

just now my nickname was unmovably changed from [mod removed personal information] I would be very grateful for the possibility of re-changing nickname
  4. baltyofgod Win User

I'm sorry, but you can't do what you say. I would tell you to make your child do an account from 0 only way of doing that. Even the other houses don't do this.
  5. Ben1973 Win User

No that changes the alias. If I do that all I am doing is associating a second email to my Microsoft account. If I delete the email currently set as the primary, which is a Hotmail account I have had for 20 years, that account is gone forever, including
    20 years of archived emails. That is not an acceptable solution to transfer a game account to a teen, because I was trying to abide by the rules in place at the time by not creating a fake account for a child under 13.
  6. PiotrOleszczuk Win User

Now frea nickName pleas
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email? - Similar Threads - Why Can't transfer

2. Porque ya mi hijo no puede jugar su juego de Gears 3 ? [Why can't my child play his Gears 3...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Porque ya mi hijo no puede jugar su juego de Gears 3 ? [Why can't my child play his Gears 3...: Buenas noches: Hace más de 4 años le obsequie a mi hijo la consola de xbox one y compramos el juego de Gears 4 , el cual incluía cuatro juegos adicionales de la saga. Resulta que en días...
  3. Por qué no puedo pagar game pass con una tarjeta de regalo? [Why can't I pay game pass with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Por qué no puedo pagar game pass con una tarjeta de regalo? [Why can't I pay game pass with...: Al querer pagar con el saldo de la cuenta de xbox me la niega y debo comprobar la cuenta [Translation-When I want to pay with the balance of the xbox account I deny it and I must check the...
  4. why i can't sync my xbox account to modern combat 5

in XBoX on Windows
    why i can't sync my xbox account to modern combat 5: I try to sync my account to modern combat 5 but it says using device setting and i dont know what it mean 40455c16-4e14-47fe-b533-00a17b1bcec8
  5. Why Can't I Actually Unlink My Microsoft Account On Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Actually Unlink My Microsoft Account On Minecraft PS4: When I use the settings and unlink the account. Then I use my new account. But it still saying I have to sign in my previous account. It kept on and on but I can't sign in new one and unlink old...
  6. Why can't I have ii or LL in my gamertag now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I have ii or LL in my gamertag now?: Hi, I have been thinking about changing my gamertag to something that has the roman numeral 2 (ii) in it but xbox keeps telling me that it is not allowed. Why can I not have the roman numeral 2 in...
  7. Gave my Xbox and games away...why can't my games be played?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gave my Xbox and games away...why can't my games be played?: Good day everyone, I recently gave away my xbox console and games to my nephew. Is there a way he can play them without using my account? Can he create his own account and play all the hard copy...
  8. Why can't we transfer money from one account to another?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't we transfer money from one account to another?: I accidentally put my money into my old account, and came to the very irritating conclusion that I am unable to transfer microsoft balance from one account to another. I have all the proof and can...
  9. Why can't I transfer my Xbox clips? Would you guys want this feature?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I transfer my Xbox clips? Would you guys want this feature?: My upload rate is horrendous (0.98Mbps) so I don't auto upload clips or I'll lag. Well I play so much that I have 300 clips since January. I can't even open them to delete some because it takes 5...
  10. Why can't my credits be transferred to my account?

in XBoX Rewards
    Why can't my credits be transferred to my account?: Hi, it seems that there are about 6000 credits hasn't been transferred to my account. And I am asked to update my account to have it transferred. But what should I update? It seems I have updated...