Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games?

Discus and support Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Im trying to purchase GTA iv to play on my xbox one, why cant i use my digital balance to purchase it? I even tried the microsoft store website but you... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Sirens393, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Sirens393
    Sirens393 Guest

Im trying to purchase GTA iv to play on my xbox one, why cant i use my digital balance to purchase it? I even tried the microsoft store website but you still cant use the account balance to purchase? I have valid credit cards on file but do not want to
    use them for the purchase.

:)

Sirens393, Feb 26, 2020
  2. AngelObullets Win User

Can’t buy backwards compatible game using account balance

Hi there

This is due to the Microsoft balance (Microsoft store and Xbox one) and Xbox balance (which was used for 360 store) are 2 different systems in place that is why you cannot use Microsoft account balance to purchase the game. But if you had a gift card and
    redeemed it on the Xbox 360 console you would be allowed to use it on the 360 store.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Purchase channel

I want to use my Microsoft account balance to pay for something, but I don't see it listed as a payment option.

You can't use the money in your Microsoft account to purchase content from the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

To resolve this issue, purchase the item on your Xbox 360 console, where you can use your Microsoft account balance to make purchases.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/payment-and-purchases/troubleshoot-xbox360-marketplace-purchasing
  4. Smwutches Win User

Purchasing games

You can use your Microsoft account balance if you make the purchase from a 360. The One store has never been updated to work with Microsoft account balance for 360 or original Xbox game purchases.
  5. Bandido1508 Win User

Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one

This is an issue with the market place and 360 games.

This can be an issue with a child account or trying to use Microsoft credits, some purchases may need to be created on the Xbox 360

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/purchasing-xbox-360-marketplace-content-faq/fd3a2dae-8777-4e5c-8e76-00914501c2cf

Q: Can I use my Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content on my Xbox One console or from Xbox.com?

A: You can't use your Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content on your Xbox One console or from Xbox.com. In order for you to use your Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content,
    you will need to make the purchase from your Xbox 360 console.

: Can child accounts purchase Xbox 360 Marketplace content from a Xbox One console or from Xbox.com?

A: Child or teen accounts cannot make purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace on the Xbox One console or Xbox.com. In order for a child or teen account to purchase Xbox 360 content, it must be purchased from
    an Xbox 360 console.
  6. owendershot Win User

If they could find a way to make it work, I'd love that. I get why, but it'd make thing a lot nicer if what you want were possible
Thema:

1. Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games? - Similar Threads - Why cant Microsoft

2. why cant i sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft ps4

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant i sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft ps4: My minecraft is not working 2a652e03-aee1-4cd9-a225-a57d9912fe62
  3. Why cant I install anything free in Microsoft Store on XboxOne?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I install anything free in Microsoft Store on XboxOne?: I've attemted to install Batman, the free game this month, and ESPN+ and nothing happens when I click, "Get". Go figure, when I buy Star Wars Jedi, it work then...anyone else having this issue?...
  4. why cant i sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft ps4: ever since the update came out I tried to connect my Microsoft account to it so I can play with my mom, but it keeps saying "we tried to sign in to your Microsoft account, but something went...
  5. Why cant I use my Microsoft Store balance?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why cant I use my Microsoft Store balance?: Nevermind, fixed myself up a healthy dose. aead9440-2467-4b8c-945c-6b810ca7648a
  6. why cant we call xbox live and microsoft any more.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    why cant we call xbox live and microsoft any more.: This is so disturbing that I cant get help when I need it. I pay good money to get the service I do. I pretty much get a [mod removed] in return. This is [mod removed] and where is the uprising...
  7. why cant rate xbox app in Microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant rate xbox app in Microsoft store: a month and still cant rate there last reviuew was a month ago but still seems to get a higher and higher score how is that possible e4775ca7-1c6a-4f5b-8a87-7837fd265ab6
  8. why cant i just use my Microsoft credit to buy game pass i don't want to give you my card ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant i just use my Microsoft credit to buy game pass i don't want to give you my card ...: so very very unimpressed with this format why cant i just use my Microsoft credit to pay for game pass like i do for everything else is there a reason beyond it being convenient to some why do you...
  9. Why cant you get xbox live with microsoft points?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant you get xbox live with microsoft points?: is it me or is everyone experiencing the same thing? All i want is to buy a 3 month membership for my account, and i can't! I am super pissed about this microsoft, why can't i buy a 3 month...
  10. Why cant microsoft make a good headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant microsoft make a good headset?: the xbox one and the xbox 360 headsets they come with are always junk , why cant yall take the time and put a decent headset in the box? these cheap things you think are "Good" are really horrid ,...