Why can't Xbox app on PC let me change my download location?

Discus and support Why can't Xbox app on PC let me change my download location? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I wanted to download Halo The Master Chief Collection to my pc but for some stupid reason when I changed my download location to my external hard drive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TM0NEY, Aug 12, 2022.

1. TM0NEY
    TM0NEY Guest

I wanted to download Halo The Master Chief Collection to my pc but for some stupid reason when I changed my download location to my external hard drive Xbox app thought it'll be so funny to switch it back to my internal hard drive "which I can't install Halo MCC on due to low storage space" I tried looking up solutions online but nothing helped so I thought posting here would help!

:)

TM0NEY, Aug 12, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tm0ney

First, may I know if your drive is already formatted as NTFS?

Please double check this and let me know:
    Open file explorer > my computer > Right-click on the drive > properties
  3. FastTEF Win User

Xbox app failing to download apps

Alright hey and also how do I change where the Xbox app downloads games because it is currently glitched and won't let me change it. It's set to C:\PerfLogs and it won't let me change it. I don't know why it's set to that.
  4. hossdelux Win User

Address error when purchasing xbox games or DLC on windows

Oh wow, Okay. I figured it out. My PCs region was changed to New Zealand somehow. So that's why it was screwed up on the game and not xbox one. This is also why my game on PC couldn't verify that I am who I am I am guessing so it wouldn't allow me to download
    the DLC on PC and why it did allow me to download it on Xbox One.

Why my region changed. Literally not a clue.
  5. MysticJD Win User

ARK Valguero

Do you know why i can't update it on windows 10? Cause i'm on pc and my friend said its letting him update it on his xbox but its not letting me on pc do you know why?
  6. ItsCheesy Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

I understand the problem now, however whenever I try to install the new xbox pc app it says my pc is "Not quite ready" for it to be downloaded, I checked my windows and its all up to date. so I have no idea why I can't install that.

I am now considering it to be impossible to play xbox games on pc for me anymore.
Thema:

1. Why can't Xbox app on PC let me change my download location? - Similar Threads - Why can't app

2. Why when I'm on xbox app after like a few minutes I just can't hear anyone and they can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I'm on xbox app after like a few minutes I just can't hear anyone and they can't...: Why when I'm on xbox app after like a few minutes I just can't hear anyone and they can't hear me in the party so I have to restart xbox app and rejoin the party to hear again. I don't know why...
  3. Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...: Like the title says, the Xbox app on Windows 10 keeps reinstalling my games, claiming that the "folder location was moved". This error has already killed my 8TB HDD, and I can't find a working fix...
  4. Why i can't open my settings app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't open my settings app?: i tried the power cycle reset and it keeps saying "you need to install the game or app for this" Error code (0x80270254) i can't do a factory reset either because i can't access to setting. what...
  5. Why can't I enable modding on the new xbox app for pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I enable modding on the new xbox app for pc?: Modding a game was easy before, now I can't even find the option to mod the game myself. What happened? Why can't I mod all these games anymore? 3c659b74-5a6f-44ba-9f4c-dabd294058d0
  6. Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't it let me use my usb driver to install apps.: My xbox app won't change my driver when I try to install games and my other driver won't appear as an option. Thank you. [img] [img] ff341c19-e467-4a4f-83d7-87c8069a9230
  7. Why can't the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, go as far back through captures as the the Xbox console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, go as far back through captures as the the Xbox console?: When I go through my captures on the console, I can look as far back as 3 or more years ago, when I look at them through the "Xbox Beta" mobile app, I can only go back 10 months from now....
  8. How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games?: Its been damn to many years for this App to still be in its "Beta" form. Microsoft claims that you will be able to download and play most titles from its Xbox lineup of games, but in reality once...
  9. Why can't I install games from the Xbox App on Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install games from the Xbox App on Windows 10?: I am trying to install games in the Xbox App on Windows 10 but it won't let me select a drive. Has anyone else seen this? [img] [img] 8d7f4fc9-c664-4595-b8dc-510a9d9ea74a
  10. Why can't I upload a custom XBOX profile picture from the XBOX PC app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I upload a custom XBOX profile picture from the XBOX PC app?: Why can I upload a custom profile picture from the mobile xbox app but not the PC xbox app? 4a05b4c6-3b6c-4754-a44c-5e7238befadc