Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic?

Discus and support Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When i went to apply to be part of the ambassador program, it said "You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the last... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrandonGill1, Nov 25, 2021.

1. BrandonGill1
    BrandonGill1 Guest

Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic?

When i went to apply to be part of the ambassador program, it said "You must have no prior Enforcement actions against your account within the last year was not met." I have been on Xbox for years now, I have never received a single infraction.

The reason i am posting this is that i am very confused because it says my gamerpic was offensive and hateful.

The gamerpic in question is the drawing of Mister Chief is the unofficial mascot of the Halo series, created by then-Community Manager Frank O'Connor. The character made several appearances in Bungie Weekly Updates during the development of Halo 2 and Halo 3.

My Gamertag is 'MisterrCheif', so you can see why I would use it for my profile. I do not understand how this drawing is offensive. Xbox has had Mister Cheif avatars for the Xbox 360 avatars, and they even released Mister Cheif armor for Halo MCC.

If anyone could possibly explain to me why this happened or if there is anything I could do about it I'd be grateful as there appears to be some sort of error in the enforcement system.

EDIT

I have seen another post from 2019 similar to mine. His problem was not resolved. Microsoft staff basically told him there was nothing he could do and that the enforcement team cannot be contacted. What are we meant to do if this system that has some issues that need updating, ends up banning our profiles permanently?

:)

BrandonGill1, Nov 25, 2021
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live?

Hey there Arc,

We are sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action.
    Unfortunately as this is forum support, you will not be able to reach the enforcement team here, and
    we wouldn't be able to assist further.

Also we would recommend to take a
    look at Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained
    for Xbox Live Customers.

Please visit our
    Code of Conducton
    the enforcement site to find out how to stay safe.

We'll be locking the thread as this has no further resolution and in an effort to prevent repetitive answers.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to
    Start
    a New Thread
    for further assistance.
  3. Arc Arcanum Win User

I did not receive any message explaining any reason behind the ban aside from the xbox console telling me of it with absolutely no information as to why.

As for the custom picture the enforcement team didn't remove or change it, and the enforcement says nothing about the picture at all. It's not offensive in anyway either. I can link to it if it's desired.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't enforcement disputes handed off to a 3rd party agency (the xbox ambassadors) due to the Microsoft liability clause? Wouldn't that mean the ambassadors do have some sort of connection to the enforcement team?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Arc Arcanum,

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We're sorry to hear about the account suspension. The moderators, ambassadors and volunteer moderators do not have the ability to manage enforcement actions on an account. The decisions are made
    and upheld by the
    enforcement team
    . We have heard of instances where custom profile pictures that violate the Code of Conduct
    or
    Terms of Use
    can be the cause of suspensions. Did you receive a message from the
    enforcement team through your Xbox message center, or through your primary email address for your account regarding this issue?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Says it all really: getting banned for using the unofficial Halo mascot...at the same time as Xbox is celebrating 20 years of Halo!!
  6. BrandonGill1 Win User

Hi Vinicius,

It was 24-hour enforcement so I am not able to file a case review. I feel that there should be a better system for this for individuals such as myself who get falsely banned because of issues with the system.
Thema:

1. Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live for my gamer pic? - Similar Threads - Why did receive

2. Why the [mod removed] did microsoft remove the [mod removed] ability to chat with an agent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why the [mod removed] did microsoft remove the [mod removed] ability to chat with an agent...: Why the [mod removed] can't I contact support. This piece of [mod removed] company. I am having trouble downloading Back 4 Blood and can't discuss it with anyone. I am getting error code...
  3. Why did I get removed from alpha skip ahead/alpha???

in XboX Insiders
    Why did I get removed from alpha skip ahead/alpha???: I went and checked and said I can only go up to beta. What happened to my access to alpha/skip ahead? submitted by /u/Demonicdoom_64 [link] [comments]
  4. Why did i get suspended

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did i get suspended: I txt something inappropriate is that y i got suspended and how long will this be for 9488e5d5-37ef-49bf-9ec1-87ee1dbf100d
  5. why did this happen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why did this happen: i bought a game on my xbox i tried downloading it on my pc but it didnt work it was a gamepass game but i had bought the game after the gamepass ended ill explain this too i bought a game and it...
  6. Why did you take my game sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you take my game sound: I find it hilarious that I'm sitting quietly playing cod being talked to like a dog while they message me harassing me and magically I GET A ENFORCMENT MESSAGE saying I'm now banned from them...
  7. Why did I get banned on xbox live twice??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get banned on xbox live twice??: Hello' But I got banned twice I dont know how I got a email twice of xbox enforcement.com is it because i kept false reporting probablyThat's why I have a second account because I'm scared that it...
  8. Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live?: As of late last night I received a 24 hour ban from editing my xbox live profile and I have absolutely no idea why. I have been a member of Xbox live since the release of Halo 2 and have never had...
  9. Pourquoi ai-je reçus une suspension ? [Translate] Why did I receive a suspension?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pourquoi ai-je reçus une suspension ? [Translate] Why did I receive a suspension?: Bonjour. Je vous contact car quand je me suis connecté sur ma console ce vendredi 1er Mars,j'ai remarquer que je ne pouvais plus parler en groupe avec mes amis et quand j'ai recherché la raison...
  10. Why did i receive a Communication Ban when it was the other player who sent the hate message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did i receive a Communication Ban when it was the other player who sent the hate message?: While playing Rainbow 6 siege i got shot in the back and immediately received a message from a teammate saying "RETARD" even though i had pulled my weight through the game so far i wasnt sure why...