Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live?

Discus and support Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of late last night I received a 24 hour ban from editing my xbox live profile and I have absolutely no idea why. I have been a member of Xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arc Arcanum, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Arc Arcanum
    Arc Arcanum Guest

As of late last night I received a 24 hour ban from editing my xbox live profile and I have absolutely no idea why. I have been a member of Xbox live since the release of Halo 2 and have never had a single infraction. I can't find out why this occurred either
    as there are no details on the supposed "infraction" and since it's 24 hours I also can't have it reviewed.

The reason I'm confused is it states there was something offensive in my bio/location/etc.

Here's the thing. I never filled out my profile. I have my xbox avatar, and my gamerpic is a picture of Monokuma from the Danganronpa series, neither of which are in anyway offensive. I had originally filled it out on the 360 about 8-9 years ago, and once
    again it was just a location and the bio contained a link to my website and nothing else.

I can't find anywhere that having a url in your bio is against the ToS and that's the only thing I can think of. The enforcement site says that no enforcements are handed out without reviews but how could they review and ban something that doesn't exist
    since I've had no profile information for years?

If anyone could possibly explain to me why this happened or what I could do about it I'd be grateful as there appears to be some sort of hiccup in the enforcement system.

:)

Arc Arcanum, Mar 28, 2019
  2. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Arc,

We are sorry to hear about any issues you may be having due to an enforcement action.
    Unfortunately as this is forum support, you will not be able to reach the enforcement team here, and
    we wouldn't be able to assist further.

Also we would recommend to take a
    look at Microsoft’s Code of Conduct Explained
    for Xbox Live Customers.

Please visit our
    Code of Conducton
    the enforcement site to find out how to stay safe.

We'll be locking the thread as this has no further resolution and in an effort to prevent repetitive answers.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to
    Start
    a New Thread
    for further assistance.
  3. Arc Arcanum Win User

I did not receive any message explaining any reason behind the ban aside from the xbox console telling me of it with absolutely no information as to why.

As for the custom picture the enforcement team didn't remove or change it, and the enforcement says nothing about the picture at all. It's not offensive in anyway either. I can link to it if it's desired.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't enforcement disputes handed off to a 3rd party agency (the xbox ambassadors) due to the Microsoft liability clause? Wouldn't that mean the ambassadors do have some sort of connection to the enforcement team?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Arc Arcanum,

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We're sorry to hear about the account suspension. The moderators, ambassadors and volunteer moderators do not have the ability to manage enforcement actions on an account. The decisions are made
    and upheld by the
    enforcement team
    . We have heard of instances where custom profile pictures that violate the Code of Conduct
    or
    Terms of Use
    can be the cause of suspensions. Did you receive a message from the
    enforcement team through your Xbox message center, or through your primary email address for your account regarding this issue?
  5. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox enforcement team , REALLY

Lets say it was the OP's custom profile pic that got him/her a 24 hour ban. Enforcement not being specific as to what warranted the 24 hour ban means that the OP is guaranteed to be banned again, unless he/she can figure it out all on there own.

Point is, enforcement should be very specific as to why this or that ban and STOP hanging people without showing the individual the specific evidence that warrented the ban.

We have all read in these very forums where a simple coms ban can lead to a console ban, so if it was a game pic that this OP a 24 hour ban, wouldn't it be disingenious of enforcement NOT to have said. "It was your gamer pic that you banned."??
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Console banned randomly

Like the others have said check the enforcement site for info on the ban. If it's on the profile you can apply for a case review unless the ban is for 24 hours.
Thema:

1. Why did I receive a 24 hour enforcement profile ban on Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Why did receive

2. Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?: Honestly sick of NAT Types. I was always at open and i checked my NAT type today and i see its been changed to Strict...which is completely useless. I need it to be open and i just dont get why...
  3. Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?: I recently bought the 1$ game pass, so before it charged my parents credit card i cancelled it on my computer and it for some reason, refunded me the 1$ and cancelled my 12 month Xbox live gold!!...
  4. WHy did you not give a valid code ?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    WHy did you not give a valid code ?: since not everyone has money I gifted a friend in Brazil the lego speed champ expansion for forza horizon 4… I don't want the measly 20 dollars back I want him to be able to play yet the code...
  5. Why did Mixer app disappeared on xbox one and is not in the store after an update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Mixer app disappeared on xbox one and is not in the store after an update?: I tried restarting xbox one 1f7b14f4-97f7-4429-8d12-b48ad2379239
  6. Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it change my GamerTag and account?: So i use my microsoft account for Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, yesterday i went to log on and it made me connect my account again and so when authenicating between my account Via iphone, it...
  7. Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my account turn on auto-renew of Xbox Live subscription?: For some reason, I ran out of balance in prepaid money in my account because Xbox Live Gold turned back on while I was away for a few months. I cancelled it before I signed off a while ago and yet...
  8. Why did my xbox one external harddrive wipe itself after I plugged it into my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my xbox one external harddrive wipe itself after I plugged it into my laptop?: Let's cut to the chase. I've been trying to free up space on my laptop, so I figured "if I plug my xbox one external harddrive into my laptop, I should be able to play some of the games on it,...
  9. Pourquoi ai-je reçus une suspension ? [Translate] Why did I receive a suspension?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pourquoi ai-je reçus une suspension ? [Translate] Why did I receive a suspension?: Bonjour. Je vous contact car quand je me suis connecté sur ma console ce vendredi 1er Mars,j'ai remarquer que je ne pouvais plus parler en groupe avec mes amis et quand j'ai recherché la raison...
  10. Why did i receive a Communication Ban when it was the other player who sent the hate message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did i receive a Communication Ban when it was the other player who sent the hate message?: While playing Rainbow 6 siege i got shot in the back and immediately received a message from a teammate saying "RETARD" even though i had pulled my weight through the game so far i wasnt sure why...