Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming?

Discus and support Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I know there’s already a forum that has asked this question a year ago, but there was not one single clear answer from Microsoft.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SeanBehra, May 7, 2020.

1. SeanBehra
    SeanBehra Guest

I know there’s already a forum that has asked this question a year ago, but there was not one single clear answer from Microsoft.

:)

SeanBehra, May 7, 2020
  2. LaRy BLanco Win User

Why Did Microsoft Patch Streaming Out Of Network?

wish I knew

been gaming primarily on my ps4 ever since this feature was removed

ps4 remote play works wonders and u dont even need to configure ur router to stream away from home
  3. LaRy BLanco Win User

Its been a month now and I still cant stream my xbox one games away from home like I used to do all the time

Microsoft quietly removed one of its best xbox one features and said nothing and it pisses me off

Luckily my PS4 is still able to do this though… .Makes me wish I wouldve purchased all of my recent multiplatform games on my ps4 instead
  4. Magnetic Rock Win User

The article I found offers a more logical explanation than anything offered up on my post.

It could be that Microsoft could be about to make us pay for a feature previously allowed for FREE!!

https://www.inverse.com/article/54440-ps5-new-xbox-sony-microsoft-consoles-video-games

"Xbox Scarlett models will reportedly leverage Microsoft’s upcoming xCloud streaming
    service to let gamers play any title — no downloads necessary — and take their favorite games beyond the console, to their Android mobile phones and other devices."
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

As far as I know its been like that always you can stream to the same network you will be abke to stream out of the same network once Xcloud is implemented...
  6. ArminatorX Win User

What privacy? Explain how your privacy is compromised? The Xbox is routed through DMZ or only forwarded over the ports needed to stream.
    Putting your console into the DMZ basically allows anyone from the internet to connect to your console. And if you have automatic sign in set up on your console and your account, basically anyone from the internet could request your console to stream to
    their Xbox App, and then (ab-)use your account.

Be it by buying stuff in your name, sending nasty messages to get you suspended or whatever.

For that reason the streaming was never intended to be accessed from outside your network via DMZ or port forwarding. If you managed to open your network to the public internet in a way that exposes your Xbox console to the public for streaming, then this
    is your responsibility.
Thema:

1. Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming? - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. Why the [mod removed] did microsoft remove the [mod removed] ability to chat with an agent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why the [mod removed] did microsoft remove the [mod removed] ability to chat with an agent...: Why the [mod removed] can't I contact support. This piece of [mod removed] company. I am having trouble downloading Back 4 Blood and can't discuss it with anyone. I am getting error code...
  3. Why did they downgrade Microsoft flight sim 2020?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did they downgrade Microsoft flight sim 2020?: Has anyone else noticed that there has been a downgrade in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition ($140.00)? When I first got it for Christmas, I was really happy and pleased with...
  4. Why did you need to double the price of Xbox live gold, Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you need to double the price of Xbox live gold, Microsoft?: I will try to keep this brief, as I have been processing the news throughout the day, and have been trying to find the words to appropriately and respectfully express my disappointment and sadness...
  5. Why did microsoft put me through two hours of talking to my bank and their support to deny...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did microsoft put me through two hours of talking to my bank and their support to deny...: I wanted to refunt the [mod removed] pile known as Call of Duty: Cold War, microsoft said they'd be happy to refund it if i had proof of purchase, i got it, then they denied it. [mod removed], i...
  6. Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?

in XboX Insiders
    Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?: I loved this feature, and it should absolutely come back submitted by /u/Rossomedude [link] [comments]
  7. Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?: My gamer tag for Minecraft has always been TacticalHen830 since I started playing Minecraft logged in with my Microsoft account on Nintendo Switch this year. Today the game prompted me to...
  8. Why did microsoft remove Xbox one File Explorer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did microsoft remove Xbox one File Explorer?: A local File Explorer is crucial to using a device, why did Xbox get it’s taken away? Old topic sure but if the topic is so old then why is it still a topic that’s viable to bring up if it’s as...
  9. Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...: Why isn’t Microsoft supporting Internet explore anymore on Xbox 360 they did it for years to update it for years and now they stop doing it Microsoft company is very discouraging and very...
  10. WHY DID MICROSOFT REMOVE PACKAGES FROM FILE EXPLORER

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHY DID MICROSOFT REMOVE PACKAGES FROM FILE EXPLORER: I NEED ANSWERS U JUST RUINED EVERYBODY WHO WANTED MODS IN MINECRAFTS FUN. THANKS SO MUCH NOW I KNOW WHY ILL BE SWITCHING TO PS4 TOMROOOW ece53819-c163-4637-b0a2-d155e4f1e486