Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?

Discus and support Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I loved this feature, and it should absolutely come back submitted by /u/Rossomedude [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rossomedude, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?

/u/Rossomedude, Nov 14, 2020
  2. Hawk Tartaros Win User

Friends coming online notifications.

Give us the option to get notifications from our favorites when they sign in.

It is really annoying to snap the activity feed to see who has gotten online.

There are more things i dislike about the xbox one compared to the 360 but please don't take this away.
  3. Chris Gelon Win User

No notifications when friends come online/ no alternate profile status's?

Friend notifications are coming hopefully in the next update:
    xboxonedaily.com/.../friends-online-notifications-system-update

You can also favorite any friends you want to know about, and then snap the activity app. This will tell you when they log on.

The status to busy and away, you will need to post that in the suggestion forums, this is a support forum.
  4. galahad87 Win User

Problems with notifications

I have an issue with the notifications as well. Well one notification, with one friend. I have one person on my friends list, who is a favorite and it will never pop up when he signs on. Every other notification works fine, and my brother, who has an
    xbox one in his room is alerted when the same friend comes online. To my friends knowledge he did not change any settings, neither did I. Weird issue, doesn't really effect my experience, just thought it to be really strange. If there is a simple fix
    I'd take it, if not that's fine too.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Notifications issue

One thing I don't like about the notifications is when you get the "your game is ready" kind of pop-up. It takes too long if I hold down the guide button on the controller, but if I go home and then jump into the game bypassing the notification all-together
    the notification doesn't go away automatically and has a reverse-loading bar that takes forever before it goes away or until you open it up using the guide button. I just wish that it would go away the moment I bring the game up, even if it's not through the
    notification itself.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Why did they take away my subscription !

When your account is banned you lose access to all content associated with that account and it cannot be transferred. This is listed in the ToU and the CoC that you agreed to when you joined Live.
Thema:

Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app?

1. Why did Microsoft take away the notification for favorites going online on the Xbox app? - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. Why did you need to double the price of Xbox live gold, Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you need to double the price of Xbox live gold, Microsoft?: I will try to keep this brief, as I have been processing the news throughout the day, and have been trying to find the words to appropriately and respectfully express my disappointment and sadness...
  3. Why did microsoft put me through two hours of talking to my bank and their support to deny...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did microsoft put me through two hours of talking to my bank and their support to deny...: I wanted to refunt the [mod removed] pile known as Call of Duty: Cold War, microsoft said they'd be happy to refund it if i had proof of purchase, i got it, then they denied it. [mod removed], i...
  4. Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?: My gamer tag for Minecraft has always been TacticalHen830 since I started playing Minecraft logged in with my Microsoft account on Nintendo Switch this year. Today the game prompted me to...
  5. Why did microsoft remove Xbox one File Explorer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did microsoft remove Xbox one File Explorer?: A local File Explorer is crucial to using a device, why did Xbox get it’s taken away? Old topic sure but if the topic is so old then why is it still a topic that’s viable to bring up if it’s as...
  6. Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did Microsoft patch out of network streaming?: I know there’s already a forum that has asked this question a year ago, but there was not one single clear answer from Microsoft. abbac0b4-2b6c-4990-afe9-261ff443383f
  7. Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it Microsoft supporting Internet explore any more on Xbox 360 they did it for years...: Why isn’t Microsoft supporting Internet explore anymore on Xbox 360 they did it for years to update it for years and now they stop doing it Microsoft company is very discouraging and very...
  8. WHY DID MICROSOFT REMOVE PACKAGES FROM FILE EXPLORER

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHY DID MICROSOFT REMOVE PACKAGES FROM FILE EXPLORER: I NEED ANSWERS U JUST RUINED EVERYBODY WHO WANTED MODS IN MINECRAFTS FUN. THANKS SO MUCH NOW I KNOW WHY ILL BE SWITCHING TO PS4 TOMROOOW ece53819-c163-4637-b0a2-d155e4f1e486
  9. Why did Microsoft changed the Xbox one home menu? It was somewhat good but no more . . .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did Microsoft changed the Xbox one home menu? It was somewhat good but no more . . .: It looks like a bad version of the ps4 home menu, please, I know we need updates mainly to improve the security of the software, but do not change the design unless a lot of people complain about...
  10. Why did I get suspended on Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get suspended on Microsoft rewards?: I forgot exactly when I got suspended but I want to know why I did. The Microsoft Reward support isn’t working and my best option is to ask a question here. e5c8c426-0f23-40b2-bd7a-2eb09fa111e6