Why did the UI change in the Beta?

Discus and support Why did the UI change in the Beta? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I joined the XBOX Beta Preview just after Gears 5 /Borderlands 3 came out. Joined the Delta Ring. I really liked the look of the new UI. Today I just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AmyGrrl78, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:25 AM.

1. /u/AmyGrrl78
    /u/AmyGrrl78 Guest

I joined the XBOX Beta Preview just after Gears 5 /Borderlands 3 came out. Joined the Delta Ring. I really liked the look of the new UI. Today I just noticed that the UI has just been changed back to how it looked before I installed the Beta Preview. However I don't know how to find out what happened and why it was changed back. I would like to know why it was changed and how I can get the new UI back. Thanks.

submitted by /u/AmyGrrl78
    [link] [comments]

/u/AmyGrrl78, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:25 AM
  2. CollapseControl Win User

Nice that the friends list is getting more attention, changing UI, I expect this to happen over the years, changing it up like 360 did, but at a slower pace.

I really want our personal media functionality to get attention. Listen to my music & my videos like I did on the 360. It is highly requested on feedback site.

Wish we would have an idea if it'll ever come & why it's gone.
  3. smileskybird Win User

this new UI really is just horrible....

They're going to change the UI when Windows 10 comes out, just like they've made changes to the UI on Xbox 360. I also am not a fan of Windows 8. Too boxy snap this. But Xbox 1's UI HAS improved compared to what it was like at Launch.
  4. smileskybird Win User

Windows 10, support and release date

Since i joined xbox late 2010 they HAVE made several changes to the UI. Lots of kids and adults hate the windows 8 UI. Since theyve made UI changes to xbox 360 they are likely to for xbox 1. Microsoft wants to unify their prducts with windows 10. So its
    likely they will make changes to the UI. At launch xbox 1 didnt have a Friends tab on the xbox 1 dashboard, now it does. You can also change the dash background. Xbox 1 isnt all about windows 8. Its main focus is games.
  5. DocHolliday 7 Win User

sending a simple message is INCREDIBLY SLOW!

^ It is definitely one of the reasons that the PS4 will dominate the Xbox One till the end of this next gen, if MS doesn't make some significant revamps to the current state of the UI (in my opinion).

Minus the games, the Xbox 360's dashboard functionality is superior to the Xbox One's UI, overall. I can see why most 360 owners haven't made the change over yet.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

sending a simple message is INCREDIBLY SLOW!

The reason why the UI is slow is because the UI is allmost all web based, by this I mean you download from the internet all of the information that makes your UI yours. It's this that allows you to sign in to other people's Xbox One and have your UI on
    their console.

If your playing online at the time, the game will be using a lot of your bandwidth, slowing your UI down.
Thema:

1. Why did the UI change in the Beta? - Similar Threads - Why did change

2. Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it change my GamerTag and account?: So i use my microsoft account for Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, yesterday i went to log on and it made me connect my account again and so when authenicating between my account Via iphone, it...
  3. Where is my gamertag and why did people change it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is my gamertag and why did people change it: I've had around 13 different Xboxes from the Xbox original to the Xbox 360 to the Xbox one the person I have the most distaste for the one thing I would like to find out is who [Mod Removed...
  4. Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it: Why did I upload my Xbox Live gamer icon over and over again but couldn't change it many times? Are you regulated by individual? If so, why don't you describe the reason?...
  5. Why did Pins change to Alerts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did Pins change to Alerts?: Historically, when I press the Xbox button on my Xbox controller, I get a pop-up menu. There are some icons at the top, below that is Home, and then below that there are three options. They have...
  6. Why did they change the Xbox Market's UI?...You can't search for backward compatible titles ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did they change the Xbox Market's UI?...You can't search for backward compatible titles ...: The recent subtle changes on Xbox Live have been for the most part pretty nice. I noticed the cooler menu sounds in my headset as I browse my friends and party chat, and on my Xbox One X I noticed...
  7. Why did Microsoft change my positive "rewards" (Gold bars) from a positive of 40,000 to a ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft change my positive "rewards" (Gold bars) from a positive of 40,000 to a ...: Why did Microsoft change my positive "rewards" (Gold bars) from a positive of 40,000 to a negative of 40,000? Cannot buy new collections. Is this to make me purchase with cash?...
  8. Why did they change the Xbox Market's UI?...You can't search for backward compatible titles ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did they change the Xbox Market's UI?...You can't search for backward compatible titles ...: The recent subtle changes on Xbox Live have been for the most part pretty nice. I noticed the cooler menu sounds in my headset as I browse my friends and party chat, and on my Xbox One X I noticed...
  9. why did changing my dashboard back to the original on my Xbox one make me download everything ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why did changing my dashboard back to the original on my Xbox one make me download everything ...: I had recently downloaded an update (probably as I had requested to change my dashboard back to the original version) and when the update finished every single app and game had been uninstalled,...
  10. Why did I have to change my old name?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I have to change my old name?: I received a message that I absolutely had to change my old gamertag "SteelersFreak11" because it was reported too many times. If you consult the rules, it states the following regarding Forced...