Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it?

Discus and support Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I understand 120fps is kind of a pipe dream but why can’t we unlock the FPS of some games and take advantage of this mode?? They release this for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/corgix3, Sep 24, 2019.

1. /u/corgix3
    /u/corgix3 Guest

I understand 120fps is kind of a pipe dream but why can’t we unlock the FPS of some games and take advantage of this mode?? They release this for nothing or what? Not even a first party game like gears 5 takes advantage of it. Insiders were given a first look at this mode a while back but seriously nothing has come of it even after a full release..

submitted by /u/corgix3
    [link] [comments]

/u/corgix3, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Impetu Feroci Win User

Xbox one X 120 HZ using 1440P

Yes, this is the only way to setup 120hz, which also disables the freesync options.. That's another topic which bothers me
  3. Xeroxxx Win User

Why does my old white Xbox look better than my Slim console?

Hi,

I've read that you're not a dummy at HDTV settings, but did you switch off all picture enhancements? Like 100/120Hz or higher and switched on a so called game mode if available?

Greetz
  4. Fyer Win User

Giving bad rep

So ..... if it doesn't bother you and you get invited all the time why did you make the thread?
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Error on xb1x selecting 4k

The Xbox One X supports 120hz only at 1440p and 1080p resolutions. It does not support 120hz at 4k. So unless your TV or monitor supports 1440p resolution (many don't), you will only get 1080p when selecting 120hz.
  6. stevenicks Win User

Should I upgrade to a 120Hz TV for the Xbox One ?

OP

It would be a waste of money just for that reason (xbox) it could never really take advantage of it, although if your looking to get a New TV then why not ? 120hz is a bonus but its not going to make any difference to your xbox one's games.
Thema:

1. Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it? - Similar Threads - Why did bother

2. Why did the UI change in the Beta?

in XboX Insiders
    Why did the UI change in the Beta?: I joined the XBOX Beta Preview just after Gears 5 /Borderlands 3 came out. Joined the Delta Ring. I really liked the look of the new UI. Today I just noticed that the UI has just been changed back...
  3. Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?: I have always had unlimited Internet, until July, when I moved to a place with NO Internet. So, to get Internet, I have to "tether" my phone. Works better than I thought, right up until I reach my...
  4. Why did my concole just die?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Why did my concole just die?: This is awful... I take extremely good care of this product... died for no reason at all....this is a 500 dollar product and I will not pay what they ask to repair it...so unreasonable this is...
  5. Why did I get suspended for saying niger even though I was talking about the country

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get suspended for saying niger even though I was talking about the country: [Remove PI] was talking to me online doing summer homework and he asked me to name a country in africa thats why i said “the country” after i said niger. He reported me before i said country...
  6. Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?: Honestly sick of NAT Types. I was always at open and i checked my NAT type today and i see its been changed to Strict...which is completely useless. I need it to be open and i just dont get why...
  7. Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you cancel my 12 month live gold?: I recently bought the 1$ game pass, so before it charged my parents credit card i cancelled it on my computer and it for some reason, refunded me the 1$ and cancelled my 12 month Xbox live gold!!...
  8. WHy did you not give a valid code ?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    WHy did you not give a valid code ?: since not everyone has money I gifted a friend in Brazil the lego speed champ expansion for forza horizon 4… I don't want the measly 20 dollars back I want him to be able to play yet the code...
  9. Why did Mixer app disappeared on xbox one and is not in the store after an update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Mixer app disappeared on xbox one and is not in the store after an update?: I tried restarting xbox one 1f7b14f4-97f7-4429-8d12-b48ad2379239
  10. Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it change my GamerTag and account?: So i use my microsoft account for Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, yesterday i went to log on and it made me connect my account again and so when authenicating between my account Via iphone, it...