Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking?

Discus and support Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title says it all but I personally Discord would be a lot better submitted by /u/III-NONAME-III [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/III-NONAME-III, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking?

/u/III-NONAME-III, Sep 3, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

RESPECTFULLY REQUEST:

As already mentioned it is kinda hard to figure out what you are wanting, are you after a discord app for Xbox One that has all the features that discord on PC has?

A simple voice chat app?

A simple group text app?

Or all of the above?
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Mobile application

Hi Maphisto,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. That code is new to me and also can't find any support articles on this issue. To be honest, that sounds like a network issue where the party's secure connection becomes interrupted and therefore corrupts the party,
    not allowing you to rejoin. The Xbox app on mobile is not really meant for party chat and it still has bugs to this day that are still being worked on. That is why Discord is preferably used for chat servers on PC and mobile, and you can even link your Discord
    account to an Xbox One, so Microsoft has adopted Discord as a good way to chat for gaming. There isn't much in troubleshooting this issue besides re-installing the app and restarting your internet devices to powercycle them. If you have recommendations on
    how to improve the Xbox App for mobile, I recommend posting on either
    Xbox Ideas
    or
    Xbox Requests
    from the Xbox Insiders subreddit at the top. If you have a Windows 10 PC, you can use the Feedback Hub app to give suggestions for the app.
  4. JackFOX24Bauer Win User

Apps won't download

Yep, I’ve bought a new Xbox One S instead of old one for my 4K-tv and most of the apps won't install. Stops right at the beginning. Reset didn’t help.

For me it’s 0x80072f8f

Really annoying.
  5. darkist1 Win User

RESPECTFULLY REQUEST:

Hi Unphasable,

At the moment to talk to your friends in party chat, you can talk to friends on their Xbox App on their phone, Xbox or Xbox companion app on the pc.

If you're referring to being able to type to your friends on discord, there is an app on xbox that allows you to use the discord service, but you're unable to use the Voice features yet.

The application is called quarrel.

Hopefully someday soon they will allow for another VOIP system other than just Xbox Parties.
  6. Ghoul xo Win User

Party Chat Broke

I can connect to parties fine, my mic doesn't work though whenever it is used in the xbox app but works perfectly in the discord app.
Thema:

Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking?

1. Why didn’t Xbox put the actual Discord App on Xbox instead of the account linking? - Similar Threads - Why didn’t put

2. Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?: I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will be covered by warranty. I go online to find...
  3. Why must i pay again for owned games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i pay again for owned games: I uninstalled fable anniversary and it didnt show in my ready to install list. I assumed this was because it is in gamepass and was moved to that list for the time being. Then when i went to the...
  4. 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance?: 為甚麼無法使用帳戶餘額付款 [Translate] Why can't you pay with your account balance? 3b50af12-2228-40e9-8dec-a0bd181e892b
  5. Received a suspension and don't know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Received a suspension and don't know why: I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and therefore wasn't on my computer for 3 weeks. I sent a brief message to my gift giving friends apologizing for not being able to send gifts to them and...
  6. Why am I not able to join clubs?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I not able to join clubs?: I asked why I wasn't able to join clubs a year ago and the answer was that I needed to be 18. Well, I'm 18 now and it still doesn't work. What's going on? d379d024-cfe3-4454-a5db-8a457c81c0ad
  7. Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top

in XboX Insiders
    Two Different File Sizes, Why? Add-Ons Do Not Come Close To Full Size Listed on Top: [IMG] submitted by /u/SenileTomato [link] [comments]
  8. Why is the Xbox app connect me to Xbox one?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Xbox app connect me to Xbox one?: Hi, I’m trying to figure why each time I’m connecting to the Xbox app on W10, my profile is logging in on my Xbox One? I tried to check all settings and found nothing. Any ideas? submitted by...
  9. Why am I having connection issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having connection issues?: I’m really desperate now so hoping someone on here can help. I’ve had a bad internet connection on my Xbox for around two years now meaning that I lag and have packet loss online. It’s recently...
  10. Why was I banned when I didn’t do anything wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I banned when I didn’t do anything wrong: Why was i banned when i didnt do anything wrong 77aeb3cf-ca28-4598-a81d-766d58a1e827