Why do 2 players games lag and 100 player games dont

Discus and support Why do 2 players games lag and 100 player games dont in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is something I have really been sitting back and wondering about here a lot recently. Why is it that when I go to play a madden game ,so a 1v1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GuReasy, Jul 1, 2020.

1. GuReasy
    GuReasy Guest

So this is something I have really been sitting back and wondering about here a lot recently. Why is it that when I go to play a madden game ,so a 1v1 , it's always so delayed freezes and go fast , the lag is so bad . I'm not just talking madden 20 or even
    just madden in general. All the ea sports games seem to be this way.they have been since I can remember this is while having the best internet over the years and having ok internet.

Now with that being said, I can go play pubg, cod , or any fps game with 18 , 32 ,64 or even 100 players . Now here and there you might notice a little lag but for the most part its smooth , almost feels like I have host .

So the BIG question is why and how ?

How is it possible that with 2 people in a game it can be so laggy and delayed yet 100 player games can be so smooth? I tried looking on Google and I couldnt find the answer . I'm just hoping maybe someone with more knoledge or someone in the field may be
    able to explain why this is and if maybe it will ever change

:)

GuReasy, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Bark_LB Win User

depends a lot on the game and the way the networking is engineered during development
  3. XGN iiKiLLL 7 XS Win User

Mosf of the time big games with 100 players have dedicated servers, where as a game with only 2 people doesnt. Which means that it will use one of the players connection for the game, so if a persons connection is slow then it will lag.
  4. lord xx12 Win User

It depends where are servers and players. Also there can be problems with servers, because of internal problems like: too much players (heavy load) or bad servers with too less power.
  5. GuReasy Win User

I have been playing xbox live since 2003 , ea games have always done this. No matter if I'm direct connected or what tv settings are or. Ivectried it all over the years. I will also say I know I'm not the only one I can say this is something lots of
    real friends and friends I've met online over the years have said and noticed. It's just well known so I thought , the question is why though
  6. PhysX Vintage Win User

talvez seja algum lag ou ate mesmo a configuracao de sua tv, ja passei por problemas assim era a minha tv que estava em modo padrao ai mudei para modo jogos e voltou ao normal
Thema:

1. Why do 2 players games lag and 100 player games dont - Similar Threads - Why players games

2. Fortnite - Mini Map Player Indicators so small. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite - Mini Map Player Indicators so small. Why?: Hi, On Fortnite, my player indicators are so tiny that I can barely seem or my teammates in the mini map. My son also has a switch and those indicators are about 10X bigger. Same goes for my...
  3. Why is Xbox game pass forget PC players?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox game pass forget PC players?: I love the Idea of the Game pass but as a Pc player you dont have many games that you can play,same with the DLC´s, like Red dead Redemption 2 is only for Xbox console Players rather then for both...
  4. Why does my “most recent players” never show the most recent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my “most recent players” never show the most recent: Its been a issue that has been going on for months and with multiple games. I find a good squad but since I never have the most recent players in the list, well the squad is lost. Whats the issue...
  5. Why do we not get to keep playing Free-Play Days games like PC players do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do we not get to keep playing Free-Play Days games like PC players do?: You remember Fallout 76 on a FPD right? I heard that PC players got to keep it but we don't. I think this is unfair. [No I don't mean not getting FO76. I mean the WHOLE thing.]...
  6. I have no multy-player connection, why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have no multy-player connection, why?: I have a xbox gold subscription, however I gan not connect to Multiplayer on my console. When I try I get a prompt to select a plan. WHY? 16836d9e-eb78-4ac2-b72e-edaf61bc9342
  7. Why do we xbox one players have to play world of tank's with 360 players?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do we xbox one players have to play world of tank's with 360 players?: 3 years ago xbox boss announced that they will no longer be supporting xbox 360 so alot of us rushed out and purchased an xbox one to play world of tank's but 3 years on 360 still get support and...
  8. Why are their so many underage players on some games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are their so many underage players on some games?: So there's so many 18+ games but yet so many people that are obviously under 18 (you can hear them through headsets) like young kids seem to get their hands on them. 1. A lot of the shops in my...
  9. why so many online games and no single player games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why so many online games and no single player games: we gamers spend hundreds of pounds or dollars a year on buying games but there is an increase with gamers annoyance at the current obbsession with multiplayer only games, everytime a game comes...
  10. Xb1 data usage has increased while idle on single player games, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xb1 data usage has increased while idle on single player games, why?: Several months ago this was not happening so it must be something in a recent update. Its now using at least 2mb of data every minute in game with No achievements popping or User Interface being...