Why do I have to buy minecraft again?

Discus and support Why do I have to buy minecraft again? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just got a new pc and I started downloading the minecraft launcher. When it finished downloading I logged into my microsoft account, but when I got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KuleKinder, Jul 30, 2021.

1. KuleKinder
    KuleKinder Guest

I just got a new pc and I started downloading the minecraft launcher. When it finished downloading I logged into my microsoft account, but when I got in it said that I had to buy the game. I already have and I used the same account. What do I do?

:)

KuleKinder, Jul 30, 2021
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

why do i have to buy minecraft again?

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you.

As you have found a favorable solution to this matter, AndreyRain, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  3. Jesse EF. Win User

Hello Kule, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

In the Minecraft Launcher go to View All Accounts in the drop-down under your icon, and add a Microsoft account. Put in the info you use to log into Dungeons. Now you have to switch between accounts to play Dungeons (Microsoft) or Minecraft Java (Mojang) but it's all saved in the launcher.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Please check your order history to see if the game is still on the list!

If it is, try to clear the Microsoft Store cache

1. Press Windows Key + R to launch Run.
    2. Enter wsreset.exe and hit Enter.
    3. Once the reset process finished, restart your PC and then check again!
    If it isn't on that list, then you will have to contact the support through: Contact us | Xbox Support
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

why do i have to buy minecraft again

Hello Fellow Gamer

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring about why you are being prompted to purchase a game once more.

If you are receiving this message, it is very likely that you are not using the same account you used when you were playing this game before.

Make sure that you are using the same account you originally purchased this game on, otherwise you would be unable to

install the game
    via your account once more.

I hope this helps.
  6. AndreyRain Win User

why do i have to buy minecraft again?

Okay, i fixed it out buy reinstalling the game and windows store. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to buy minecraft again? - Similar Threads - Why buy minecraft

2. Why cant i buy the base version of bo3 in the store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i buy the base version of bo3 in the store: Why is the base version of black ops 3 no longer available i already own Zombie chronicles so dont want to buy that garbage twice not everyone is a dam Zombies fan boi...
  3. Why can I not buy Overwatch Origins Edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not buy Overwatch Origins Edition?: Whenever I go to buy Overwatch Origins Edition it forces me to get Legendary Edition. I am unable to get a retail copy of the game as I own a Series S which has no disk drive....
  4. Why should I bother to buy a Xbox X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why should I bother to buy a Xbox X?: Whats the use of a powerfull console when you have to wait (read: not play) because of all those ridicilous mandatory system updates? Watching a console updating is aa exciting aa watching paint...
  5. Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Fortnite account linked with my Microsoft account yet when I buy Vbucks 2 TIMES...: I've already refunded it and gonna try again but I'm just super confused because it took my money and didn't give me anything. b66c086c-ae9a-4c65-8dc7-46919796b360
  6. why do i have to buy minecraft again

in XBoX on Windows
    why do i have to buy minecraft again: i got a new pc and now it says i have to get it again and it dosnt show in libraryd 8cecddb6-1991-4393-8f64-e72ff6ed336d
  7. Why is Minecraft asking me to buy a pass or membership for $15 a month to play a game I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Minecraft asking me to buy a pass or membership for $15 a month to play a game I...: Bought Minecraft for my daughter and now it is asking me to spend more money on a monthly basis so she can have access to play it. This is ridiculous to me. Is there a way around it?...
  8. Minecraft with Xbox Access - I already own the game, why do I need to buy access again to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft with Xbox Access - I already own the game, why do I need to buy access again to...: Over Xmas I purchased the three months of Xbox access for the price of one deal in order to buy Minecraft at a cheaper price for my son. I don't play online games as much as I used to, so I...
  9. why do i have to buy minecraft again?

in XBoX on Windows
    why do i have to buy minecraft again?: Hello, today i download my minecraft windows 10 edition that i take from Mojang promotion and realize that i have to buy it. I playd in this account like a 3 years without problems. But today i...
  10. Why is minecraft asking me to buy a collection when I own the full game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft asking me to buy a collection when I own the full game: So one day when I was going to record a minecraft video I opened minecraft and was greeted by a buy full version button. I clicked on the button and it showed me two options (buy starter...