Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games...

Discus and support Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone suggest why I keep getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live when playing backwards compatible Xbox 360 titles on my Xbox One even though... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yurgi Windu, May 11, 2019.

1. Yurgi Windu
    Yurgi Windu Guest

Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games...

Can anyone suggest why I keep getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live when playing backwards compatible Xbox 360 titles on my Xbox One even though my Xbox One is still connected to Xbox Live? To clarify it is the backwards compatible game that disconnects
    on the emulated xbox 360 software not my xbox one which is still connected fine. This happens regularly and randomly. It is causing me.to get disconnected during games and is driving me crazy. To clarify a few points

* I am using a wired ethernet connection.

* If I am in an xbox live party and hosting a multiplayer game I dont seem to get disconnected but as soon as I play solo I start getting disconnects.

* I have tried a hard reset on my xbox one

* I have tried clearing the cache on the BC 360 through the system menu on the xbox one.

* I have re-downloaded my profile on the the X1 and BC 360.

* I have tried using a different gamer profile

* I have set up port forwarding on both my X1 and BC 360 through my router.

* This happens on all BC 360 games both disc versions and digital downloads

* My router is a Sagecom modem router provided by Plusnet in the Uk

Nothing I have tried is fixing this and the disconnects just keep happening every single time I play a BC game. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or what is causing it?

:)

Yurgi Windu, May 11, 2019
  2. Tr0jan MD Win User

Lego star wars the complete saga

I bought this game for my son and I to play on Xbox one with the backwards compatibility but when we load it up it disconnects us from Xbox live (or says it does) but we are still logged in to Xbox live on the one console. So we can't save or load anything
    and anything we do will be reset each time we play.
  3. x0 ChetManly 0x Win User

My one and only question

Not to be rude or anything, but why buy a console from the standpoint that it can play old games or not? If its a big deal, keep your 360. In most cases the backwards compatibility kills half of the games features because its not compatible with the new
    systems hardware. Kinda like how when playing original Xbox games on the 360 you couldn't use the dashboard or be signed into Xbox Live. It just seems redundant. I'd rather keep the system that was specifically designed to play those games, in which case I
    have.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Are the games from Xbox 360 $CD$ compatible with my Xbox One?

In addition to above when you insert an Xbox 360 disc for a game that is backwards compatible your console will need to download the backwards compatible version of the game from the Microsoft servers and you must keep the disc in the console to play the
    game.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games on my Xbox one?

Hi Yurgi,

We have been seeing a few more reports about the Xbox 360 emulator on the Xbox One not connecting to Xbox Live, but Xbox One games are connecting fine.

By any chance are you apart of the Xbox Insider program? I've noticed that these reports started coming in around the same time a preview update was sent out to a few insider rings and it could be related.

Either way I also recommend contacting Xbox customer support and report the issue through there to create a case for you.

1. Contact us here
    2. Select Xbox One
    3. Select See other options
    4. Select Payment & Billing
    5. Select show contact options and go to step 4
    6. Select request a call from support if available or there should be a number for you to call
  6. Yurgi Windu Win User

Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games on my Xbox one?

What happens when you try to reconnect?
    If I do it immediately when it disconnects it either goes one of two way it either re-connects or it gives me a message that it can't connect and if I want to test my connection it will need to sign everyone one etc. Frequently when I do re-connect it immediately
    disconnects again after about 10 seconds. It can take an hour or two before the first disconnect happens but once it does it tends to be constant every 5 or 10 minutes even if I do re-connect.

Just for clarity as well I very ocassionally get disconnected from Xbox Live on my Xbox one but I am talking maybe once every few weeks and tends to only be when there are service issues. On the BC games it is 95% of the times I play them.
Thema:

1. Why do I keep getting disconnected from Xbox live when playing backwards compatible games... - Similar Threads - Why keep getting

2. 80182300 is the code that keeps coming up i dont know why i was trying to get online and play ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    80182300 is the code that keeps coming up i dont know why i was trying to get online and play ...: 80182300 is the code that keeps coming up i dont know why i was trying to get online and play gta5 and its saying my profile doesnt have the right permissions please help...
  3. Why do i keep getting banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting banned?: I keep getting a communication ban every 1 month. It is getting very annoying because the only people i talk to is people in my party...#friends. I feel that the way that these situations are...
  4. Why do I keep getting banned for nothing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting banned for nothing: I was playing fortnite with my buddies and I got a message from xbox and says I got banned so I looked at my recent messages and the last thing I said was inv to my friend so I'm totally confused...
  5. why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...: i keep trying to join a minecraft server but I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live thing I don't know what it means or how to fix it and i would love help...
  6. Why I keep getting this error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I keep getting this error: I keep getting a error message 0x800705aa when I try to load the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and its still not working. a8b9340e-8530-4ca0-931e-e89f0c43f074
  7. WHY DO I KEEP GETTING KICKED OUT?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY DO I KEEP GETTING KICKED OUT?: I've been unable to play the last 2 events, on both occasions I've been able to play the first game then the whole page disappears. Every time I reload and click on EVENTS again, the page closes...
  8. I can't figure out why I keep getting this error message

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't figure out why I keep getting this error message: Hi I keep getting a 8007274d error message every time I exit an app on my Xbox 360. I went to the page and followed all the instructions associated with troubleshooting this error message. It has...
  9. why do i keep getting disconnected when playing specific games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do i keep getting disconnected when playing specific games?: I keep being disconnected from xbox live and the games for about 10 seconds then having to reconnect and reload the game, this happens on ESO, Skyforge, Destiny 2, Warframe and For Honor. ive...
  10. why do i keep getting disconnected when playing specific games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do i keep getting disconnected when playing specific games?: I keep being disconnected from xbox live and the games for about 10 seconds then having to reconnect and reload the game, this happens on ESO, Skyforge, Destiny 2, Warframe and For Honor. ive...