Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games

Discus and support Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, Microsoft literally released a article apologizing for making free to play games like fortnite still needing an Xbox live subscription. That... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TremblesBuff, Apr 7, 2021.

1. TremblesBuff
    TremblesBuff Guest

Hey, Microsoft literally released a article apologizing for making free to play games like fortnite still needing an Xbox live subscription. That statement was about a few months ago and my Xbox live gold expired the other day. I thought it was okay to play fortnite, apex and stuff but when I went in the game, it needed me to pay for a subscription. Its literally been months and u still have to pay to play online for free to play games

No Changes to Xbox Live Gold Pricing, Free-to-Play Games to be Unlocked [Update] - Xbox Wire

were these ppl capping? or is this still a work in process?

:)

TremblesBuff, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's still a work in progress.
  3. SadAndSadder Win User

Apex Legends not working

why do I need xbox live gold to play apex legend when it is free to play...……. pc and ps4 don't need any psn to play free games
    You need Xbox live to play any online game at all
  4. zCalibre Win User

Apex Legends not working

why do I need xbox live gold to play apex legend when it is free to play...……. pc and ps4 don't need any psn to play free games
  5. ThorX360 Win User

Why we need xbox live for free games?

I wanna know why xbox is the only platform need xbox live to play free games like fortnite and apex

but in ps4 or pc they don't need that you can play free games without plus

I dont get it why we need to pay to play free games??

I hope they remove xbox live for free games
    This is a common question and every time I'd rather focus the attention on one fact: Xbox Live Gold is not only for gaming. It offers multiple services (with high quality) that everyone uses when connecting to Xbox Live (party, social feature, clubs, LFG,etc).
    That's why MS decided to require a payment for online gaming, even if a game is free-to-play.
  6. Joker2009401 Win User

Xbox LIve and Free-To-Play Games

Hello,

i am very curious to know why a free to play game like Fortnite and not only this,need a subcribtion of Live Gold to play online.

It's insane i thing.That's why they are free-to-play because they are FREE.In other ecosystems you don't need any subcribtion.
    you need a live subscription to access the games, so yes you do
Thema:

1. Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games - Similar Threads - Why still need

2. : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?: : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? I understand that this is already the last generation, but about a year ago, before the XSX was released, there was a firmware with HDMI-CEC on the X1X...
  3. TERA stills requires me to have a Gold Subscription, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TERA stills requires me to have a Gold Subscription, why?: I read in various sites that, starting April 21st, free games would no longer require you to have a Xbox Gold Subscription, so I downloaded TERA to play on my Xbox One S. The problem is, on the...
  4. Rogue xbox ambassador got enforced but still is a ambassador why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rogue xbox ambassador got enforced but still is a ambassador why: so i found a xbox ambassador thats violating every single aspect of the xbox ambassador programn they got enforced because they where hate speeching but why isn't this xbox ambassador removed from...
  5. My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why. It has been 11 days.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why. It has been 11 days.: It has been 11 days since my Xbox account was suspended. I still do not know the reason why I was banned. I have tried to contact the enforcement team but have had no luck even contacting them...
  6. My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox account was suspended and I still don't know the reason why: On March 20 my Xbox account was suspended. I tried going to the Xbox enforcement history to check why my account was suspended however when I went to the website all I saw was that my reputation...
  7. So, new EDGE browser on XBOX but still no Mouse support for any app. Why so inconvenient?

in XboX Insiders
    So, new EDGE browser on XBOX but still no Mouse support for any app. Why so inconvenient?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pschirki [link] [comments]
  8. Bedrock edition is still a joke, why is no one doing anything about it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bedrock edition is still a joke, why is no one doing anything about it?: Bought this game about 4 times now, the only working bedrock edition is on pc. its a joke they accept money for this and do nothing about it. PS4 and Switch has constant log in issues, not sure...
  9. Why is 2k still up and why have I not been contacted about a refund?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is 2k still up and why have I not been contacted about a refund?: It's clear that @2ksports doesn't care about their game anymore, however, Microsoft is beginning not to care about their consumers either. I am inquiring about a refund for both the Xbox Series S...
  10. Why is my refund money still not showing up in my bank?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my refund money still not showing up in my bank?: Your support team accepted my refund on 12/24 so it has already been the 5 buissness days the email said it would take to get the money back. Wheres my money? a067a57c-deb6-4ae4-92ae-738186438acc