Why do Microsoft subscriptions change mid-month?

Discus and support Why do Microsoft subscriptions change mid-month? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I know Games with Gold changes games on 15th but I didn't realise this was the way with all things. I subscribed to Game Pass last month and was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DanC07, Oct 20, 2019.

1. DanC07
    DanC07 Guest

So I know Games with Gold changes games on 15th but I didn't realise this was the way with all things. I subscribed to Game Pass last month and was playing a game recently that said leaving soon, and looking online a lot of things will say "leaving this
    month". So when I came home, excited to finish Observer which I had about an hour left of, to find that its already gone and if I want to finish that last hour I have to buy the game for £24!

I probably should have seen it coming but is end of the month not easier and simpler?

And I thought I saw something about discounts on Game Pass installs, how does that work?

:)

DanC07, Oct 20, 2019
  2. DanC07 Win User

Ok so it seems I got unlucky, which oddly makes me feel better. About the other games at least.
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

I agree it needs a hard date if it leaves before the end of the month but they usually are there until the end when they say "leaving soon"
  4. k1Helix z Win User

I agree, but since some games are also available on Game Pass on different days (WWZ for example, joined the program on Oct 10th) I don't know if the developers / studios have anything to do with it and when they want the game to be retired from the program.
  5. DanC07 Win User

So just to check what you are saying in regards to the discount, would I have been able to buy the game discounted while it was still on game pass, but because it had just left there was no discount?

And i guess I just think since it must be known what date the game will be removed, its not a surprise to everyone, it might help some if the exact date was with each game, rather than just "soon".
  6. Smwutches Win User

So just to check what you are saying in regards to the discount, would I have been able to buy the game discounted while it was still on game pass, but because it had just left there was no discount?
    Yes, the game still has to be on Game Pass in order to have a discount.
Thema:

1. Why do Microsoft subscriptions change mid-month? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft subscriptions

2. Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?: tens of millions of people are already fluent with this language so why don't we add it to the list? 56fae805-6a7e-40d7-97e5-c1273a61a703
  3. Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes: Hello, im in Connecticut, fir some reason when trying to buy a 10$ worth of robux it says $9.99 plus application taxes so i have to buy it with 20$. e361c52f-b954-443a-8df7-a9d427d425bf
  4. Why is Microsoft Edge on Xbox One showing google.com in basic html and not standard version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Edge on Xbox One showing google.com in basic html and not standard version?: It goes from google.com to http://www.google.com/#spf=1574734438834 in url bar. I'm using wired connection, I really don't want to reset xbox. Is there any other solution? Theres no option to...
  5. Why can’t microsoft figure out how to update Xbox one when I am NOT in the kiddlenof a show...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t microsoft figure out how to update Xbox one when I am NOT in the kiddlenof a show...: Why is it that every other service I use is able to update their product without interrupting my use of the product? It is one of the most ridiculous things in tech world that when I am using my...
  6. Why i can't enter the microsoft bingo game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't enter the microsoft bingo game: Why i cab't enter it. it says that my internet connection not found or can't be used 9bd292a9-dcf7-4bf4-92a1-01b22254de1e
  7. Why does Microsoft hate Customers with old Hardware?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft hate Customers with old Hardware?: To all Microsoft Xbox360 Creators: I wonder for a long time whether big world companies still have any interest in how their customers fare with their products? In truth, they probably just give...
  8. ¿Porqué en la microsoft store no sale Minecraft Windows 10 mobile?[Translation-Why isn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    ¿Porqué en la microsoft store no sale Minecraft Windows 10 mobile?[Translation-Why isn't...: En los requisitos está que lo soporta desde Windows 10 versión 10240.0 o posterior pero aun así no está, ¿porqué? [Translation-In the requirements it is supported from Windows 10 version 10240.0...
  9. Why can't I spend MY Microsoft account money to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I spend MY Microsoft account money to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription?: I bought a pre-paid card at WalMart and was hoping to come home and re-new my gold subscription, only to find out that Xbox doesn't allow you any option to purchase one month of gold with the...
  10. Microsoft, why will you not allow me to cancel my Xbox Live subscription?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft, why will you not allow me to cancel my Xbox Live subscription?: I want to cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription, but Microsoft seem unwilling to allow this. I tried to cancel it on the website, and was greeted by this unexplained error:...