Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"?

Discus and support Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I mean, they're the same thing, right? In an RPG, you level up. So why bother saying "What SOUL level are you?" What's wrong with just saying, "What... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vix Sundown, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Vix Sundown
    Vix Sundown Guest

I mean, they're the same thing, right? In an RPG, you level up. So why bother saying "What SOUL level are you?" What's wrong with just saying, "What level are you?" Or maybe it's a texting thing. Where people prefer to write "SL" rather than spell out the
    full word "level"... (Note: These are the important questions of life that keep me up at night.) Happy leveling up, folks! Or soul-leveling up, if you prefer Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"? :)

:)

Vix Sundown, Feb 5, 2014
  2. Need help deciding between 3 games (Bioshock:infinite, The Witcher 2, Sleeping Dogs)

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Dark Souls.

[/quote]

Not a personal attack, but why do people do this?

Marwood II 87, Feb 5, 2014
  3. Sipuli91
    Sipuli91 Guest
    TGS Dark Souls 2

[quote user="vader da slayer"]

iirc you can only invade people in the same NG state that you are in even in Demon Souls.[/quote]

Or you can be completely protected from invasions by always killing yourself after destroying the demon in the "chapter". That's how I prefer things. Just like I don't run around in a human form in Dark Souls.

[quote user="vader da slayer"] Also from what ENB said about the progressive hollowing it sounds like each time you die you lose some portion of max hp down to a min value (probably half).[/quote]

Yeah, you lose max HP while you keep on getting invaded. No thanks. The way it is in Demon's Souls is the way I prefer it to be. I admit, the system in Dark Souls was flawed for what punishment was there for playing the game through while always being hollow?
    In Demon's Souls if you decided to kill yourself to protect yourself from the invasions, you were stuck with an HP penalty. In Dark Souls 2 you're stuck with an HP penalty AND you keep getting invaded. No thanks.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]Also things like [cracked] red eye orbs don't let you invade people lower than you are and the only way to invade people lower than you is forest and darkmoon so there will probably be a similar thing in DkS2.[/quote]

But it's not just levels that matter and you and I both know that. If someone does a low level playthrough to get the best items in the game, the game allows this player to invade other low leveled players who still have just their starting equipment in
    Undead Burg. Where is the balance in that? So, unless Dark Souls 2 has those strict limitations to who you can invade - limitations such as level, completion %, the level of your gear - the system is broken. We all know there will be those players who get
    the best equipment while keeping their soul level low just so they can grief beginners. That right there is, IMHO, game breaking.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]Also what reason is there to play online if you don't do anything with any from of summoning?

[/quote]

Who said I don't summon help or offer my help to others? Let's just say that I never had anywhere near the faith requirement for joining Sunbros...

Sipuli91, Feb 5, 2014
  4. Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"?

Soul level indicates your (Soul level)

Level would imply e.g vitality level ect.

SIL3NT SNIP3R09, Feb 5, 2014
  5. Wildeyedjokr
    Wildeyedjokr Guest
    [quote user="SIL3NT SNIP3R09"]

[/quote]

Last I heard they were called attributes.

Wildeyedjokr, Feb 6, 2014
  6. No one says whats your Attribute level they will says whats your (Level's) I have over 500+ Hours i know for a fact.

SIL3NT SNIP3R09, Feb 15, 2014
  7. R3d P01nt
    R3d P01nt Guest
    No, that's not a fact, and I have no idea how playing for a certain number of hours would either make it a fact or make it so that you know things that you can't possibly know for certain.

R3d P01nt, Feb 16, 2014
  8. Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"?

soul level comes from anyone that has played demon souls the game before dark souls was ever created bro

SoftCarnivore14, Nov 1, 2018
  9. R3d P01nt Win User

No, that's not a fact, and I have no idea how playing for a certain number of hours would either make it a fact or make it so that you know things that you can't possibly know for certain.
  10. Wildeyedjokr Win User

[quote user="SIL3NT SNIP3R09"]

[/quote]

Last I heard they were called attributes.
  11. SIL3NT SNIP3R09 Win User

No one says whats your Attribute level they will says whats your (Level's) I have over 500+ Hours i know for a fact.
  12. SIL3NT SNIP3R09 Win User

13. SoftCarnivore14 Win User

soul level comes from anyone that has played demon souls the game before dark souls was ever created bro
Thema:

1. Why do people always say "Soul Level" instead of just "Level"? - Similar Threads - Why always Soul

2. why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed...: why do I have to connect to xbox live to view youtube ? There's always a [Mod removed profanity] problem 899ee2cb-a9a5-42f4-93dd-4592b94a321d
  3. Why do my thumb grips always get so dirty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my thumb grips always get so dirty: Just as the title says, now how can i keep them looming there best or is it just a fact that they will always het grimy its a custom coloured xbox controller the thumb grips are naby blue, what do...
  4. ¿Porque siempre me sale alerta en el servicio de xbox live? [Translate] Why do I always get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ¿Porque siempre me sale alerta en el servicio de xbox live? [Translate] Why do I always get...: Siempre que hago la pierna de conexión me sale alerta en el servicio de xbox live y a casa rato cuando busco partida en halo 4 o en cod waw me desconecta de la live estoy cansado de que pase eso...
  5. 为什么我的MCWin10版总是闪退[Why is my MCWin10 version always flashing back?]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    为什么我的MCWin10版总是闪退[Why is my MCWin10 version always flashing back?]: 我已经重装了好 会了,一直是闪退,不装预览版还不行。我刚买的游戏啊!却不可以玩!!!! [Translation - I have reinstalled it for a few more years, it has been flashing back, and it doesn't work without the preview version. The game I just...
  6. Why does Microsoft Bingo always black out and you end up loosing all your bingo's and power ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Bingo always black out and you end up loosing all your bingo's and power ...: Why does this game always malfunction towards the end of the round causing a person to loose all their bingo's and power balls. Its darn near impossible to get your 24 hour credits because it...
  7. why always games in French?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why always games in French?: Hi, I wonder why every time I buy and download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one the game is Always in French? I live in Belgium: population 11million. Dutch speaking majority= 6.5 million. Why...
  8. Why my bought Resident Evil 5 always installation stop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my bought Resident Evil 5 always installation stop?: Why Can not I download my Resident Evil 5 to my Xbox one? I bought this game On 4th January, on sale. when I try to download on my game list, it always shows that installation stop . no matter...
  9. Why is it that there are ALWAYS problems with anything by Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that there are ALWAYS problems with anything by Microsoft?: Please fix the Microsoft Bingo server error so that people may once again play the game. 7abfc88a-7b47-4788-b46c-c36b37ff652e
  10. Down, down, down. Microsoft bingo server is always down. Why can't you fix this issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Down, down, down. Microsoft bingo server is always down. Why can't you fix this issue?: Why cant you fix this bingo server issue? It causes problems quite a bit and I figured by now you would have surely figured out a fix for this.... cb82e179-3e2a-49da-8d0f-4548d4eb0bab