Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale?

Discus and support Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the topic says, Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale? Every other platform does not require payment for Fortnites online... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TypicalEclipse, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale?

Like the topic says, Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale? Every other platform does not require payment for Fortnites online play. Nintendo Switch doesn't require Nintendo Switch Online and Playstation 4/5 don't require PS+. Not to
    mention Windows PC's don't require any service payment. Why for Xbox, at this point you're just taking money for something that is meant to be free.

Also not to mention there is no fathomable reason for this, Fortnite does not run on Microsoft/Xbox servers. If it did, It would make sense, but no. Fortnite runs on Epic Games servers.

Please Xbox, can you guys just let free games be free?

:)

TypicalEclipse, Dec 4, 2020
  2. beyondtherice Win User

fortnite without xbox live gold

I disagree because if they were to allow Fortnite Battle Royale without the Gold Subscription, it would bring more players to the console and therefore will probably raise demand on the console/other items such as controllers. Fortnite Battle Royale is
    still a popular game, that is why it can bring a positive in the system. We already have other games that need the subscription, already helping to maintain, so why not this game so we can be compared in a more positive way to the other game consoles. That
    is why Sony is doing much better pulling in players because of the ability to play Fortnite Battle Royale for free, unlike Microsoft's "free" gameplay. I'm just stating my opinion, I do play on the Xbox One and I do pay for a Xbox Gold Live Subscription.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

fortnite game

you may want to take a look thru this site. While fortnite is a free download for the battle royale portion of the game you do need Xbox Live Gold for online multiplayer and most gaems have that in the requirements page.

Xbox Live Gold membership
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

Fortnite battle royale requiring xbox live gold !

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE XBOX !

LISTEN , SO IT HAS BEEN YEARS SINCE THAT YOU GUYS ARE MAKING POOR PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS XBOX LIVE GOLD (ONLY FOR
    FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE CONSIDERING IT IS A FREE TO PLAY GAME ON ALL OTHER CONSOLES EXCEPT FOR XBOX ONE).

THEREFORE, I REQUEST XBOX ON BEHALF ON ALL OTHER XBOX ONE USERS TO REMOVE XBOX LIVE GOLD ONLY FOR FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE , JUST DO IT ! PLEASE

THANKS IF YOU DO BUT SERIOUSLY WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT RESPONDING (IGNORING) THESE COMMENTS ON THIS !

EXTRA : UP TO SEASON 6 THERE WAS A GLITCH TO PLAY THIS GAME FOR FREE BUT IN SEASON 6 UPDATES U GUYS PATCHED IT ! HOW RUDE ? JUST FACE THE CONSEQUENSES XBOX ! AND JUST REMOVE XBOX LIVE GOLD JUST FOR FORTNITE
    !
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

YOU DO REALISE THAT TYPING IN CAPITALS MEANS YOU'RE SHOUTING RIGHT?

Anyway, why should Microsoft remove the pay wall for playing online games, even if the online game is "free-to-play"

I know what your answer will be "Because Sony and Nintendo do it"

And my answer will be "so what" Sony and Nintendo do a lot of things that Microsoft don't do and vice versa.

If you cant afford Xbox Live Gold may I suggest you trade in your Xbox and perhaps get a PS4 or Nintendo Switch, because that's the only way you're going to get to play Fortninte for free.
  5. prajjanridhersh Win User

Why does fortnite need live gold

Dear Xbox

i wanted to ask you why fortnite even if its a free games could you please remove a live gold membership for fortnite only. Please

Your sincerely

Raja
    I agree with him Fortnite should not have live gold since it’s a free game so xbox could you kindly remove xbox live gold membership from Fortnite please
  6. PLEASEDCLAW5871 Win User

xbox live

You will need an XBox Gold membership to play any games online. You can also buy monthly XBox gold cards.
    PS also requires their memberships to play online games

Except of Fortnite, reason is that they are rising their console profit selling rate by making fortnite free to play without membership

Then why not xbox can make fortnite free to play without xbox live gold membership
Thema:

Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale?

1. Why do you need Xbox Live Gold for Fortnite Battle Royale? - Similar Threads - Why need Live

2. Why does fortnite need live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does fortnite need live gold: Dear Xbox i wanted to ask you why fortnite even if its a free games could you please remove a live gold membership for fortnite only. Please Your sincerely Raja...
  3. Why do we need to pay for xbox live gold

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why do we need to pay for xbox live gold: On the Playstation 3 you can play online for free so why is it that we have to pay if buy a 300 dollar console and the games and a membership while play station give it for free?...
  4. Why do we need to buy xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do we need to buy xbox live gold: As many people would agree xbox live gold is very expensive. Why do we need to buy gold to play online, there should be an alternative option for people to play online and for people who want 4...
  5. Why we need xbox live for free games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why we need xbox live for free games?: I wanna know why xbox is the only platform need xbox live to play free games like fortnite and apex but in ps4 or pc they don't need that you can play free games without plus I dont get it why...
  6. Why does one need Xbox Live Gold to play a Beta?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does one need Xbox Live Gold to play a Beta?: Free on PC Free on PlayStation I don't know if Microsoft know this, but Xbox is a joke in the gaming world, and i just left it myself. No games i can't get on PC with no service to play online....
  7. Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...: Split from this thread. its true it must be free . you can play free for every platform but not on xbox ? nice i should my xbox too 99e299a1-8654-4567-bc97-03fd90cf8a97
  8. Why is fortnite need a Gold live Make it free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is fortnite need a Gold live Make it free: Helo everyone.. Some player for xbox one and xbox one s and xbox one x need play fortnite without gold live make that happen pleass like another platfrom like pc working without any gold live or...
  9. why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why do I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live when I try to join a minecraft ...: i keep trying to join a minecraft server but I keep getting the u need to authenticate to xbox live thing I don't know what it means or how to fix it and i would love help...
  10. Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need xbox live gold to play fortnite xbox while on other platforms its 100%free to ...: I think that fortnite should be free to play online. Like not every games but some EXCEPTIONS. Cmmon Microsoft. Are you not already rich? If its like that id better sell my xbox and buy a ps4. But...