Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?

Discus and support Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When the xbox elite controller came out i bought it straight away, Couple of months later it got stick drift but i was able to adjust the stick... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhD FlopperUK, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?

When the xbox elite controller came out i bought it straight away, Couple of months later it got stick drift but i was able to adjust the stick deadzone and fix it. That controller had its time and i decided to revert back to the standard controller because
    i wasn’t paying stupid prices for a product that would become faulty so easily. Now i have stick drift on my standard controller, most games let you adjust stick deadzones in game but for the ones that don’t let you i simply can’t play. So if developers can
    give me deadzone options in a game why can’t microsoft in the xbox accessories app? Like i spend hundreds if not thousands a year on your subscriptions, equipment and games and you lock somethings so simple behind a paywall.

:)

PhD FlopperUK, Mar 4, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Using deadzones is merely a temporary fix for a failing stick. You need to repair or probably replace it.

They need features that make people want to spend the extra money, and dead zones arent important to the average consumer
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Paddles and adjustable triggers are features, not changing your stick deadzones. Like I said most games have the settings anyway, its just for the games that don’t. I would say its more of a punishment for owners of standard controllers than a feature
    for the elite. £120 for a controller that gets stick drift after a few months, not expensive at all..
    Yeah I think people are looking into it to far. I'm not suggesting they make the regular controllers like the elite. I just want the ability to adjust the dead zones and sensitivity. Plus the addition to be able turn down the rumble motors. I really dont
    like the rumble motors be full blast in the triggers but I dont want them all the way off either. For not costing much? Not sure what you mean they cost as much as 2 controllers. The series 2 as much as 3.
  4. PhD FlopperUK Win User

Yeah I think people are looking into it to far. I'm not suggesting they make the regular controllers like the elite. I just want the ability to adjust the dead zones and sensitivity. Plus the addition to be able turn down the rumble motors. I really dont
    like the rumble motors be full blast in the triggers but I dont want them all the way off either. For not costing much? Not sure what you mean they cost as much as 2 controllers. The series 2 as much as 3.
    I was being sarcastic about the price in response to someone else but yea i totally agree, those are all “features” that developers can implement into their games but some either can’t or just don’t think its necessary. Stick drift and dodgey rumble motors
    have always been a huge problem and they know if they give people a quick fix to it they would sell way less controllers. Just let me make the most out my expensive controllers xbox!
  5. amaz c Win User

Then other people would like other things too I guess, thats why there is an elite controller. The 1st one isn‘t that expensive.
  6. CYA007 Win User

I agree with you, we should be able to make the adjustment on the elite. Hopefully it will happen soon!!
Thema:

1. Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration? - Similar Threads - Why does standard

2. Why does Microsoft Sudoku not Load.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Sudoku not Load.: I'm going to restart this same discussion. the last one which ran for about 2 months was summarily closed with no definitive solution. The problem still exists. I uninstalled and reinstalled on...
  3. Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? [Mod Translation - Why does Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? [Mod Translation - Why does Microsoft...: Por que a Microsoft cobra a alteração de gamertag? Estava pensando e parece uma coisa muito simples, diversos outros serviços permitem esse mudança, inclusive a própria Microsoft permite a...
  4. Why Does my xbox keep changing my password without my consent to something i dont know

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Does my xbox keep changing my password without my consent to something i dont know: every time i log onto my xbox it asks me to put in my password wich i know 100% what it is when i do, and then it says im wrong over and over again till i have to reset it every day....
  5. Por qué Microsoft store me acepta mi tarjeta de débito?[Translation-Why does Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Por qué Microsoft store me acepta mi tarjeta de débito?[Translation-Why does Microsoft...: Cuando quiero pagar ultimate dice que hubo un error de su lado [Translation-When I want to pay ultimate says there was a mistake on your side] f5913ceb-fec2-4152-969e-c72adee45044
  6. Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games?: My Microsoft store not show the images of apps and games on my Xbox One all digital really frustrating. Can anyone help ? c64f4c99-87e5-4d64-9f80-805b7fe3d803
  7. Why does my Xbox keep losing connection to my controller and internet at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox keep losing connection to my controller and internet at the same time?: Hi, My console appears to have an intermittent fault whereby it will disconnect from the wireless controller and from the internet at the same time. Initially, from reading up, it was suggested...
  8. Why does it not let me install a pack for COD modern warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it not let me install a pack for COD modern warfare: A week ago i had an issue with Call Of Duty modern warfare and i reinstalled the game. Once i did this everything re-installed accept the multiplayer pack 1 which everytime i started to install...
  9. Why does cancelling a game update remove the entire game???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cancelling a game update remove the entire game???: I started a Halo Master Chief Collection update, then changed my mind because I wanted to game with a friend online (the downloading causes problems while gaming online). I clicked the "cancel...
  10. Why does ark evolved genesis keep turning off my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does ark evolved genesis keep turning off my xbox: Anyone else having a problem with just arks genesis not being able to play single player due to it loading then shutting my xbox off and saying its overheating it definitely is not. Does not...