why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox...

Discus and support why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox 360 game?" 6c9c77cd-f055-4ffb-8005-607b2ca5fd9f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwiftSaw90, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SwiftSaw90
    SwiftSaw90 Guest

why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox...

why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox 360 game?"

:)

SwiftSaw90, Oct 7, 2019
  2. SwiftSaw90 Win User

why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox 360 game?"

what if I don't have an xbox 360?
  3. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

You need to purchase 360 games from an Xbox 360 console.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I've had this issue before on the Xbox One. I'm assuming you're trying to get on of the Games with Gold titles or are trying to purchase some other backwards compatible content?

When it says that it usually means that the console isn't reading you have a valid billing account/address available for the Xbox 360, this can be confusing when most people assume that the console should just read their Xbox One billing account for BC content
    purchases... but for some reason it both does and doesn't. The best steps to take would be by starting out on your Xbox One in the billing settings and making sure all the information there is correct. Then go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    and again make sure all the information there is correct. Try an make the purchase you were trying to make again or again from Xbox.com. If it still gives you that error, contact support and be as specific as possible about the nature of the purchase issue
    and they should be able to sort it out.

That's what I did after I double checked my information was correct and notified support I was having issues with Xbox 360 content purchases on the Xbox One. For further noting, you don't need an Xbox 360 to make Xbox 360 content purchases so long as the
    content is available through Xbox One Backwards Compatibility on the Xbox One or Microsoft Store.

You can contact support here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Then you're up the creek without a paddle or a boat. Unless you know someone who has a 360 and will allow you to add your account to their xbox and make the purchase.
  6. AyeeJamesy Win User

1. This error message usually appeared on Xbox.com, however since the Store app and the Avatar app only load the website when a purchase is about to be made, the problem also transfers to the console.
    2. I don't have an Xbox 360 console and don't know anyone who does. There is no way I could use its interface to bypass the error.
    3. I am using a child account with all restrictions disabled. And I mean all. Both on Xbox One and Xbox 360. This has been checked many times and doesn't affect the website's behavior.
    4. Cancelling my Gold subscription and then applying a new one doesn't help.
    5. I can't claim the Gold titles with the parent account since it doesn't have a valid Gold subscription and I am not willing to pay twice
Thema:

1. why does it say "your account is unable to make this purchase when trying to buy an xbox... - Similar Threads - why does account

2. Perché il mio account non esiste più? [Why does my account no longer exist?]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Perché il mio account non esiste più? [Why does my account no longer exist?]: L ho usato fino a giovedì su xbox ed ora mi chiede la password la inserisco è mi dice che non é quella giusta ci riprovo mille volte poi scopro che questo account non esiste più, allora cerco di...
  3. Perché il mio account non esiste più?[Why does my account no longer exist?]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Perché il mio account non esiste più?[Why does my account no longer exist?]: Perché Il mio account non esiste più? E se cerco di crearne un altro con lo stesso nome mi dice che esiste gi ? L ho usato fino a due giorni fa con la mia xbox [Translation - Why does my account...
  4. Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the [Mod Removed - Profanity] does my Xbox account keep doing this?: I went to try to change my offline xbox 360 account (which on Halo Reach had 5000000+ credits that i reduced down to around 200 or so credits) to an online account. I had specifically reduced my...
  5. Why does it take 30 days for my account information to be updated or to add a subscription?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it take 30 days for my account information to be updated or to add a subscription?: Just bought a xbox One after having a 360 for years and not using it, finally upgraded for a new game I wanted and I got a live membership to play online and when I entered it rejected the code....
  6. Why does my rewards account states 0 points?

in XBoX Rewards
    Why does my rewards account states 0 points?: Hi there, got my last money from the reward credits on 11.11.2017 and bought for around 500 Euro since then ... Why the hell does my reward account state: 0 reward points? GT:...
  7. Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why does MS ask for a backup account for gold membership.: Loaded gift card onto account but MS is asking for a backup. What a scam MS is stealing from kids 526fd373-7997-4b08-934b-9ea0cb72a2a9
  8. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....
  9. Why does it only say 3 years on my account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it only say 3 years on my account?: Hello, maybe someone can help me with this. When you go to your profile on Xbox, then in the left corner it says a number 3 with me. I know that is means how long im on Xbox Live. But my question...
  10. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....