Why does microsoft make it so difficult to manage child accounts

Discus and support Why does microsoft make it so difficult to manage child accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a child account for my 8 year old son, because this is required for xbox. Recently his Netflix app was somehow connected to someone else's... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Steve B H, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Steve B H
    Steve B H Guest

I have a child account for my 8 year old son, because this is required for xbox. Recently his Netflix app was somehow connected to someone else's account. I am trying to see if my son's account has been hacked but don't remember his password. Using the microsoft family settings page I can't manage password, I can't even see the email address assigned to the account to try to reset the password. I have spent an hour online searching and still don't have the answer. I have no way to manage the xbox account for my young son. This is not acceptable.

I guess I will find out if Playstation makes managing child accounts easier because I don't have time for all of this. And you can forget trying to find a phone number or actually speaking to someone at microsoft

:)

Steve B H, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid only way to recover an Xbox account is via the account recovery form here https://account.live.com/password/reset

You can try all the emails you remember or if you had a phone number attached to the account, you can use that too.
  3. Dadwhite Win User

BF3 Backwards compatibility download issue

This sounds like an issue with a Child Account that is managed under a Parent account. I deal with this same issue with a sub Child account. If your account is a child account you will have to make this free purchase using a Xbox 360 console only. For
    some reason this is the only way to make this work, I do this with 2 Child accounts for my Grand children I manage. And it does not matter what your age is, if the account is a child account under another account you still have to make this purchase with
    the 360 console.
  4. Sonamater7 Win User

i cant buy gold by paying for them with my microsoft points

it is still an issue,i have cash on my microsoft account but it still wont let me purchase live gold with the cash on the account, why does everything involving microsoft always have to be so difficult?
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

Age verification for parental consent

Hi Louise,

I'm sorry to hear that it's been such a hassle to get the age verification going.

The thing is once creating a Microsoft Account and adding the age, and if it's underage, it will require a 50 cent charge to verify that the adult is giving the child permission to use a Microsoft Account.

I would recommend to take a look at :

Why does Microsoft charge a small fee as part of the consent process for a child account?

This is in accordance with certain regulations that promote child safety along with greater visibility and management of data that is stored about
    your child online.

Helping kids explore technology safely is one of Microsoft’s top goals, so in addition to complying with these important regulations, we offer family
    settings that include content restrictions, screen time, and activity monitoring through the Microsoft family service that lives on
    account.microsoft.com/family. It’s where you’ll go to manage your child’s Microsoft account.

Best Wishes!
  6. PetryBosch Win User

Why do they make it so difficult

Hi,

Another way to cancel your subscription is by going to your Microsoft account page (https://account.microsoft.com/).

While on the account page, go to "Services and subscriptions".

On the "Services and subscriptions" page you will see all your subscriptions.

Click on the "manage" button next to the Game Pass subscription, this will bring you to the page for your Game Pass subscription.

Here you can either Cancel, Change or change your payment options.
Thema:

1. Why does microsoft make it so difficult to manage child accounts - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. Why Does Microsoft/Xbox support page not load?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does Microsoft/Xbox support page not load?: Hello, This is something that needs an immediate response from Microsoft. I am attempting to enable multiplayer on my Minecraft account after migrating from Mojang. Firstoff, the fact that...
  3. Why does Microsoft wanna ignore the problem with its enforcment team.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft wanna ignore the problem with its enforcment team.: I just wanna start by saying if this thread is deleted I will sue for censorship of press. I have a legitimate question on how the enforcement team handles its reports and the criteria for an...
  4. Why does Microsoft not show you the final price when you buy Minecraft for Windows?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft not show you the final price when you buy Minecraft for Windows?: Why does Microsoft not show you the final price when you buy Minecraft for Windows? My daughter just bought Minecraft for Windows so she can play with her cousin who plays on XBox. I let her buy...
  5. Why does microsoft store the three digit secure code with the payment card information?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does microsoft store the three digit secure code with the payment card information?: When adding a payment card to a Microsoft product (like an xBox account) microsoft ask for, and stores, the three digit secure code from the back of the credit card. While this make purchasing...
  6. Why does Microsoft reject my phone number?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft reject my phone number?: Why is my account locked for no apparent reason despite logging into it regularly? Why doesn't Microsoft accept any email or phone number I provide to them as a two-step security measure? Why do...
  7. Why does Microsoft do NOTHING vs cronus and strikepacks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft do NOTHING vs cronus and strikepacks?: Its so easy to spot these in games and yet MS does nothing pushes it onto the publishers when its their system that is causing the device to work not the software. I'm growing more frustrated with...
  8. Why does Microsoft refuse to speak to me directly relating an unauthorised transaction

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft refuse to speak to me directly relating an unauthorised transaction: I recently contacted the "refunds team" as instructed via live chat with q Microsoft support person. In my case, my son was playing a game that had in-game purchases available, and the Microsoft...
  9. Why does microsoft think it can keep churning out controllers with poorly designed analog...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does microsoft think it can keep churning out controllers with poorly designed analog...: Why does microsoft think it can keep churning out controllers with poorly designed analog sticks? Xbox one and Series S/X controllers have thumbsticks that fail after 3 months, EVERY TIME. The...
  10. Why does microsoft solitar collection freeze every god damn day have not been able to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does microsoft solitar collection freeze every god damn day have not been able to play...: Why does microsoft solitar collection freeze every god damn day have not been able to play for two weeks 137cc3bf-55ce-4c7f-b2e5-1fe3af528a8d