why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

Discus and support why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by spikemetal, Aug 27, 2019.

1. spikemetal
    spikemetal Guest

why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system without turning it off. what caused this?

:)

spikemetal, Aug 27, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

When the Xbox Original game starts, it disables the guide. That is why the Xbox 360 tells you it is unavailable. Every Xbox 360 console does this when an Original Xbox game is started.
  3. ngocphi Win User

No you can only do it o. The xbox 360 games or higher

There was no guide or dashboard on the xbox original console EVER

You can go to xbox one home menu thats it

But by design the xbox original games never had a guide as it never existed

It was a plug and play system of ciurse back then you could only pit a dvd disk if you had the dvd remite accessory

Even multiplayer games had to have their own ingame menus to support wifi or aystem link leta juat say not all game menus were universal back then even the ps2 never had a universal dashboard
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Well that is strange, because my Xbox 360 has always disabled the guide when playing an Xbox original game. So why yours wasn't doing that, I do not know.
  5. spikemetal Win User

it did not do that before the update a few days ago. i could go to guide. thats what is confusing.
  6. NathanielLarson Win User

Question about the 360 GTA San Andreas

GTA San Andreas, when it was released, was not released for the xbox 360 but the generation before. Like Owenkiller said, it does not have achievements and like IKing said, you will be signed out of xbox live.

You will not have access to the xbox guide or anything like that either, when you try to open it, it just says that it isn't available. For future reference, all these things are the same with any game that was originally on the original xbox and then compatible
    on the 360.
Thema:

1. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? - Similar Threads - why does 360

2. Why does my Xbox 360 E read discs sometimes and then doesn't or freezes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 360 E read discs sometimes and then doesn't or freezes?: Why is the Xbox doing this it will read the disc then won't or freezes and won't let you play ? I don't have the tools to take it apart any help please 7462706c-987f-44c1-81ca-1bf3595ee0fb
  3. Why does my 360 dashboard say “Play Xbox one”. Arggg what does it all mean?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my 360 dashboard say “Play Xbox one”. Arggg what does it all mean?: On my 360 there is something that appears in the dashboard somewhere and says “play on xbox one”. Please fill me in I am newly back after a 4 year sabatical. 0203365c-0ed4-4dfb-aaf5-73079da61a15
  4. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....
  5. Wanna purchase 360 game with Gold, but wants me to pay I already have Gold, why does It want ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wanna purchase 360 game with Gold, but wants me to pay I already have Gold, why does It want ...: On Xbox One, I'm trying to get the 360 game for free with gold, but keeps telling me I have to pay $19.99. Why is it having me to pay for a game that is free with gold when I already have Gold?...
  6. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....
  7. why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my 360 console controller ring flash red and wired controllers will not connect: is there a fix for the wired controllers not syncing in and the controller ring on the console flashes red? 885635b9-9dcb-433f-86a0-bb2d45cccb46
  8. Why does the XBox One interface suck so much when compared to XBox 360??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the XBox One interface suck so much when compared to XBox 360??: I just got an XBox One on Sunday. All along I was lead to believe that it was far better to the 360 in every way. So why is the GUI so awful for this machine?? Just turning off the console...
  9. Why does it feel Xbox One is a step backwards from Xbox 360 when it comes to Xbox Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it feel Xbox One is a step backwards from Xbox 360 when it comes to Xbox Live?: I have had an Xbox One console since just before Xmas 2015 and my experience to date has left me with the feeling that Xbox One is a step backwards from Xbox 360 when it comes to Xbox Live...
  10. why does my Xbox One friends list not carry over to windows 8.1 or the Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox One friends list not carry over to windows 8.1 or the Xbox 360?: Why does my Xbox One friends list not carry over to windows 8.1 or the Xbox 360? I believe they should be tied to your Microsoft account. Am I wrong on this? b9ecf29e-7b30-43e2-bbf1-14e19353f338