Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

Discus and support Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Don't take this down submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/human2424, Jul 30, 2020.

1. /u/human2424
    /u/human2424 Guest

/u/human2424, Jul 30, 2020
  2. DarkSp1r1tWolf7 Win User

DVR Auto-delete on external hard drive

That does not help but thanks, I'm asking as to how to turn off auto-delete? Why is it deleting clips from my EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE? It shouldn't have the right to do so... I'm just frustrated by this; £60 hard drive and it's not being treated as a seperate
    entity
  3. DogRox1 Win User

How to make external hard drive the main download drive?

okay instant on mode is already off because that's your way to get it to work with external hard drive it's an energy mode right now. And I have to keep the x box on in order for it to download to that hard drive. So you're saying leave the instant on mode
    off and keep it on energy mode, and try to download to the internal hard drive? if it works with the external hard drive then it should work with the internal hard drive doing it that way shouldn't it? Because it does work with the external hard drive with
    it on energy mode
  4. BreenX Win User

Game updates downloading only on default drive not the drive the game resides on

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Well, firstly, I have plenty of room on all of my drives, soooooooooooooo that is not a factor. I have my Xbox One X set to stand by as my power setting. And I do have my external drives set to turn off when my Xbox is turned
    off. The "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" is chosen in my settings. And I have my default drive as my external WD 4TB. With all that said, my Xbox is not choosing where a file is already sitting. And my
    Xbox sees all of my drives all of the time.

I will try the "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" as unchecked. Maybe that will make a difference . . . but if my default drive is an external drive . . . . and games are downloading there, new and updates . . . . . and "When Xbox is off, turn off
    the storage" is checked . . . why would anything still be put there if "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" it's off . .. . . ? I do understand the instructions, but as to what that means as far as "when xbox is this, external drives will do this" setting
    it's hard to differentiate. Because you have the xbox that can be completely shut down vs. stand by, and how does those settings inform the "When Xbox is off, turn off the storage" setting. You tell me.

Thanks

B
  5. PowerGlovePixel Win User

xbox one stand by

i got another question if you have a external hard drive and the system is set to stand by....is it good to check box that says turn hard drive when xbox one is off does anybody thanks
  6. Blaze83 Win User

Games not registering downloaded DLC

Ok jus copied Hearthfire to external hard drive and it worked even after turning Xbox off and on again.

So it's obviously hard drive related, but as I mentioned earlier it works when I delete dlcs > empty cache > turn Xbox off and on again > redownload dlcs > start game. So why does it stop working when i turn the Xbox off and on again??

Also demos work fine, I assume they work in much the same way.
Thema:

1. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off - Similar Threads - Why does external

2. Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does the rewards app send me to a site with a bad cert that's not MS's?: Clicked on one of the boxes in the reward app(mobile app). It opened IE for some reason and pops up a huge Certificate error - The site is not secure -...
  3. Why does my xbox one randomly turn itself on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one randomly turn itself on?: Why does my xbox one randomly turn itself on? (I have disconnected it from ethernet and wifi and it still turns on randomly at some point nearly every day at various times--does not appear to be...
  4. why does it say i dont own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does it say i dont own it: I bought a game a while ago and it was working properly but then out of nowhere it gets deleted from my console and when i go to the store it doesn’t say i own it and it wasn’t returned because my...
  5. Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my xbox run slow after a console update for awhile?: Hard resetting doesnt fix it, it just goes away after like an hour submitted by /u/mo-par [link] [comments]
  6. Seriously, why does it cost money at all to change your Xbox Gamertag?

in XBoX on Windows
    Seriously, why does it cost money at all to change your Xbox Gamertag?: I play "Halo: MCC" on Steam as well as other Steam games. Steam is a service which allows you to change your 'visible' name at no cost, while you still have your account name unchanged, and it...
  7. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Help me submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  8. Why does fortnite need live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does fortnite need live gold: Dear Xbox i wanted to ask you why fortnite even if its a free games could you please remove a live gold membership for fortnite only. Please Your sincerely Raja...
  9. Why does my sign in button do nothing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my sign in button do nothing?: Hail, Gamers. I'm having a bit of a problem with the Xbox software on Windows 10. I tried to play Astroneer and it refused to load the game and would just sit in a blank screen. I noticed my...
  10. Hi, I have a Samsung M3 500gb external hardrive. Does anyone know why it won't work on my xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have a Samsung M3 500gb external hardrive. Does anyone know why it won't work on my xbox ...: I have a Samsung M3 slimline portable harddrive. Its 500gb and a 3.0 USB. The xboa one picks it up and I have to download it but then it says no media device. Why won't this work? Everyone else...