Why does the multiplayer button in Minecraft PE change from on to off?

Discus and support Why does the multiplayer button in Minecraft PE change from on to off? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just downloaded Minecraft about two weeks ago and I am trying to invite my friends to come to my world. When I go to the menu, I click on invite to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mathpanda, Nov 14, 2019.

1. mathpanda
    mathpanda Guest

I just downloaded Minecraft about two weeks ago and I am trying to invite my friends to come to my world. When I go to the menu, I click on invite to game and chose my friends from the online list. When I click invite they don't get the invite. My friends
    were able to invite me and it showed up and I was able to go into their worlds, but they never get my invitation. I have tried with multiple friends, I have tried to connect to the same Wifi as them, I have tried swiping up on Minecraft PE, and I have tried
    re-downloading Minecraft. It is also updated to the latest update as for all of my friends. Why is it doing this? And also, sometimes when they are in Minecraft and I go to invite them, It shows all of my friends as being offline even though some are online.
    Why is Minecraft acting so weird???

UPDATE: I figured out that when I go into the world settings and click on Multiplayer, it shows the multiplayer button on and it is on Friends of friends and the Open to LAN Players is also on. When I open my world and go into the settings, it shows the
    multiplayer button being off and it's grayed out so I can't turn it on or off (which I know it's supposed to be grayed out in the setting while your in the world) and I'm not sure if that's why my invites don't send. I have also made sure that my game settings
    are on Wifi and Cellular and it is set to use Cellular. Please help me! Why does the multiplayer button in Minecraft PE change from on to off? :(

:)

mathpanda, Nov 14, 2019
  2. mathpanda Win User

I live in the US and I have pretty fast cellular but I don't have home-wifi. My friends are not having the same problem and I have the same cellular speed as them.
  3. OgreRha Win User

Hey MathPanda,

That sucks sounds like your iOS device connection speed is too low hence the STRICT NAT Type - you cant change this by altering any settings and is simply because of your iOS internet connection - more speed = more dollars - so you get what you pay for -
    I hope your in a Country that isn't AU because our mobile phone plans are the worst in global comparison ….

Nuff Said.

Your Pal
  4. mathpanda Win User

I am not able to change my NAT type on an iOS device.
  5. REN AERO Win User

6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there mathpanda,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with sending friend invites in-game on Minecraft PE. I recommend reaching out the
    Minecraft support and Minecraft
    Forum Support
    for further in-game assistance.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Why does the multiplayer button in Minecraft PE change from on to off? - Similar Threads - Why does multiplayer

2. Why does Xbox one no good because it stops playing CDs after 4 or 5 hours max using disk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox one no good because it stops playing CDs after 4 or 5 hours max using disk.: Oayed 675.00 for a system that wint play my gamed g payed probly 3 timed for wont play . Im gkad i had my PS4 PRO just sitting around. I had a xbox and xbox one and a s now a x wast of time and...
  3. Why does it seem like more things stop working with every update?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does it seem like more things stop working with every update?: Seriously my xbox gets worse and worse with every update the last 6 months whether it's public updates or updates from this stupid insider program since I joined around December 2019. 1st I had...
  4. Why does cod mw not let me play special ops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cod mw not let me play special ops: I went to play call of duty special ops i had downloaded the pack and all to find out i was missing a pack so basically the xbox store has taken my special ops pack 2 and now i cant play part of...
  5. Why does installing. Gta take 72 hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does installing. Gta take 72 hours: So it started installing 72 hours ago and its only at 26 percent whats happening???? 4891ad64-8967-453b-9253-c79276e79851
  6. Why does the XBox always forget the WiFi settings if you plug in an Ethernet cable for a while?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the XBox always forget the WiFi settings if you plug in an Ethernet cable for a while?: I cannot understand why the XBox One and XBox One X both will pretend that the WiFi was never set up if you plug in an an Ehternet cable (and get an IP). Please fix....
  7. Why does my XBOX turn on when I turn my bedroom lights on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX turn on when I turn my bedroom lights on?: This has been happening randomly over the course of a year. I checked my settings and its plugged into an extension cord which is plugged into a surge protector (I think that's what its called)....
  8. Why does Microsoft Sudoku not load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft Sudoku not load?: I've tried repeatedly to launch Sudoku. It comes up, says Microsoft Sudoku, has the white circle of dots loading, then shows Microsoft Sudoku off to the left with Arkadium.... but that's it. It...
  9. Por que multiplayer tem que pagar no Xbox One S ? [Translation - Why does multiplayer have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que multiplayer tem que pagar no Xbox One S ? [Translation - Why does multiplayer have...: Seguinte, estou decepcionado que no Xbox para jogar multijogador precisa pagar anuidade para liberar, sendo que em computador é gratuito. Ex o jogo Warface em pc multijogador é gratuito, no Xbox...
  10. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why does my Xbox one s keep disconnecting ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why does my Xbox one s keep disconnecting ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why does my Xbox one s keep disconnecting from the internet and other devices don't? I'd really like some help please. My Xbox one s keeps...