Why does xbox live gold need to exist?

Discus and support Why does xbox live gold need to exist? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi there everyone I need this answered as I have been a loyal xbox customer since the 360 was released and I was wondering why does xbox live gold need... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DominoRules30, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Why does xbox live gold need to exist?

Hi there everyone I need this answered as I have been a loyal xbox customer since the 360 was released and I was wondering why does xbox live gold need to exist anymore back in 360 days it made sense as microsoft had just started online play but nowadays we have online only games and gamepass so why does gold need to be around all it does is prevent people from playing the ganes they bought with friends, or in some cases playing the game at all example fallout 76 you cant play that unless you have gold or gamepass so make online play free plz.

:)

DominoRules30, Jun 8, 2021
  2. HassanB Win User

FIFA 14 - Gamer Profile does not have correct permissions

Hello,

You need to have a Xbox LIVE Gold membership (paid) in order to for you to be able to play online with others. The account you're currently logged into does not have a gold membership which is why you're getting this message.
  3. Zenosos Win User

Xbox live gold/ultimate

4. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox live/online play started on the original xbox long before the xbox 360 even existed.

The xbox servers cost money to run & they're a lot more secure than other platforms.

I remember when the Playstation/PSN servers were free & trust me,it was terrible.

A years live isn't expensive & if Microsoft rewards is available in your region then you can pretty much get live/ultimate for free.

I've not paid for a gold sub in ages thanks to rewards.

Microsoft don't make any money on selling consoles either so they need another way to make a profit.
  5. cpt sheridan Win User

It is an easy way for a company to make a profit by charging for online gaming since the cost of maintaning the servers will cost less than they're bringing in.

As for the Games for gold, Microsoft only started doing that to compete with what Sony was doing with the PS4 and Sony wasn't any better with their pricing either for PS+.

Sony was losing money for a few years and a few months after they increased the price of PS+ to what it is now, they reported their first profit if a few years and have stayed in profit ever since.
  6. Barbarus85 Win User

Why does fortnite need live gold

maybe in the near future Microsoft listen you :)
Thema:

1. Why does xbox live gold need to exist? - Similar Threads - Why does live

2. Xbox Live disconnected but does not give a reason why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live disconnected but does not give a reason why: So for the past 24 hours, the xbox live on my xbox and my brothers has been disconnected. When i go to the network settings to check for a problem, it says that "xbox live is disconnected for...
  3. Why does it say I need xbox live gold when I start fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I need xbox live gold when I start fortnite: Why does it say I need xbox live gold when I start fortnite Ps:I'm on xbox 1 s not sure of it matters tho b8526043-e0bb-45ee-8e28-4cc085cb8378
  4. Why does it say its having trouble signing into my xbox live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say its having trouble signing into my xbox live account: I cant play it say having trouble signing into xbox live account 9dc1cfb4-010c-4e82-b36f-130b8a6a0499
  5. Why does changing your gamertag on Xbox Live cost so much?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does changing your gamertag on Xbox Live cost so much?: Charging AU$13 for a username change is a bit expensive, and we could all agree we would love it if either gamertag changes were free or the fees were cheaper. I could purchase a game with that...
  6. Why does fortnite need live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does fortnite need live gold: Dear Xbox i wanted to ask you why fortnite even if its a free games could you please remove a live gold membership for fortnite only. Please Your sincerely Raja...
  7. Why does Xbox Live support people who are toxic in their community instead of those who...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox Live support people who are toxic in their community instead of those who...: I was playing Rocket League yesterday on Xbox and i came across a group of 3 who were together and extremely toxic. They kept calling me the B-Word in games, Calling me a [mod removed] and stuff...
  8. Does anybody know why It isn't available. (I live in the Montana-US area)

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know why It isn't available. (I live in the Montana-US area): [IMG] submitted by /u/ScorelessVermin [link] [comments]
  9. Why does xbox live still not work!!???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox live still not work!!???: Yesterday i couldn't play a game i paid for and today i cant sign in at all. I think i will head over to gamestop and see how much they are paying for an xbox one x these days....
  10. Why does Saints Row The third wont connect to xbox live on xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Saints Row The third wont connect to xbox live on xbox one?: I do not know if everyone is having this issue with xbox backwards compatible games but Saints row the third wont connect to Xbox live. 7c246b79-c3a3-48d4-9339-3cdf7fe61ca3