why has xbox charged me an exta 1$ to change my gamertag

Discus and support why has xbox charged me an exta 1$ to change my gamertag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a 15$ gift card so i could change my gamertag and buy skyrim dlc for 4.95 As i was purchasing the gamertag change it said it would charge me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Recoil16, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Recoil16
    Recoil16 Guest

I bought a 15$ gift card so i could change my gamertag and buy skyrim dlc for 4.95

As i was purchasing the gamertag change it said it would charge me 9.95 (including tax) which i assume means the tax is already in the price.. and afterwards it says it charged me 10.95

now i cant buy the dlc..

:)

Recoil16, Jan 22, 2014
  2. thedevilcake
    thedevilcake Guest
    Forced to change gamertag and was charged for it.

On Sunday June 1, I get an email stating that xbox maintenance team has changed my gamertag because of member complaintss. So they sent me a link how and where to change m gamertag if I did not like the generic one they gave me. After choosing my new gamertag,
    I noticed I had to pay for it. I was furious!!!

For one, my original gamertag was not against xbox policy. Secondly, I have no clue how many complaints I even received to be forced gamertag change. Either way, I changed my gamertag, I made sure it is not against/offensive to any other members and I would
    like to be refunded because I didn't want to change my original gamertag. I also heard that they can let you change your gamertag without being charged.

So why am I charged?

thedevilcake, Jan 22, 2014
  3. Xbox live terminated my gamertag. IT IS NOT FAIR.

my gamertag was terminated by Xbox live. I understand why, my gamertag was- RainbowTiddy. But then they gave me an auto generated gamertag which I do not like. I tried to change it but it is charging me money for a name Xbox live gave me. I DO NOT THINK
    THIS IS FAIR. I want to change it without be charged. Can anythelp me?!

SillyCalf213759, Jan 22, 2014
  4. Sinuate Win User

Gamertag changed automatically

No no one changed it for me. I was on my Xbox checking for availability of gamer tags and as I clicked yes the gamertag changed without charge and i was not intending of changing just checking for names since i was bored. I called Xbox support and they
    can see on their screen as well that my gamertag has changed but i was not charged for this.
  5. Nichbeard Win User

Gamertag won't change

Hi. The payment is pending and when I tried to change my gamertag using the link it's charging $9.95.

And yes, I tried to change my gamertag on my Xbox, was charged but no change occurred.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

Change gamertag problem

The first change to gamertag is free, other changes are charged, so you have to pay to have a changed gamertag. It's not just so and it's charged for that. Because your gamertag has to change to a lot of services, as well as bills and so on.
  7. SaltyFawn308336 Win User

Redownloaded Profile - Gamertag changed itself!

They told me to post on this thread so the Enforcement Team can help. There has never been an issue with that Gamertag before. I've held it since 2011 on Xbox and many other platforms. Only today the Gamertag was changed automatically. If it violated terms
    of use and had to change my Gamertag then I surely have the option of choosing one for myself, not get given a generic one and be made to pay the charge of changing a Gamertag
  8. Mister Beep Win User

Question about needless gamertag

The free Gamertag change on a new Xbox Live account lasts for 30 days. Since you mentioned it's been a few years since that account was created, that would be the cause for the charge popping up. Here's a different

Change Gamertag page
    to try out. If the free option does not pop up, then the $9.99 charge will be required to change your Gamertag. Gamertags cannot be removed from a Microsoft Account once it has been set.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. why has xbox charged me an exta 1$ to change my gamertag - Similar Threads - why has charged

2. Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a reason why DVD playback has been deteriorating per patch?: I have the XBOX One S (day 1 halo pack). Over the past several patches DVD playback has become more and more frustrated. Blu ray seems to have no problems. I say 'Frustrated' and not...
  3. Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???: Theres no way I can play the games in hdr. I might have to try and end the Xbox Insider to try and get rid of the hdr not turning and i know its working 36e6ecc5-f42c-4e58-b568-b5a986a81576
  4. Why does HITMAN™ for Xbox One has to update every time I sneeze?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does HITMAN™ for Xbox One has to update every time I sneeze?: HITMAN™ for Xbox One released on 2016 seems like a great game, and I got it when it was on Games with Gold. I tend to download every game I have access to, to avoid spending several hours...
  5. Why has my xbox one clock moved?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my xbox one clock moved?: When pressing the guide button, my clock was always on the lower right and since yesterday has been in the upper right. How do I change this? I tried resetting the console (but keeping my games...
  6. Why has Record from Now been buried and not anymore accessible via the Xbox button???

in XboX Insiders
    Why has Record from Now been buried and not anymore accessible via the Xbox button???: Hello I capture game content (FIFA matches) very often on my external 4TB HDD. My captures are between 20 to 30 min long. This was super easy to do before this last change, it just needed 3...
  7. Why has wordament daily challenge stopped working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has wordament daily challenge stopped working?: Wordament daily challenge has stopped working. fd53e0de-f0aa-4950-96c8-68931e9586db
  8. Why has the 'Enforcement' rules not been fixed yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has the 'Enforcement' rules not been fixed yet?: I'd like to make it clear that by no means am I claiming this is the end of the world or anything but rather, I want to point out how ridiculous the rules are and how easy it is to be banned...
  9. Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed?: I've been having issues since I've started using the app over 2 weeks ago. My issue is that I don't receive game invites or party invites on my computer. I go to looking for group, pick a group to...
  10. 录屏为什么只有声音没有图像 (Screen recording why only sound has no image)

in XBoX on Windows
    录屏为什么只有声音没有图像 (Screen recording why only sound has no image): 屏幕界面可以录,比如说录爱奇艺视频就没有图像只有声音 Translation: The screen interface can be recorded. For example, if you record an iQi video, there is no image and only sound. f2083406-6657-4477-b3f5-f19016374beb