Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

Discus and support Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription. My credit card statement shows a... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Carl.cloud, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:03 AM.

1. Carl.cloud
    Carl.cloud Guest

Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription.

My credit card statement shows a renewed Xbox Live Gold subscription fee in the amount of $59.99.

Now it's onto a disputed charge with the credit card company.

Here's my chat with the MSFT rep on Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, 22:24:

ene R has joined the chat

Microsoft Answer Tech

Welcome to Microsoft Support for Xbox. How can I help?

Please be aware that if you switch apps or change focus to another window while working with us, you may get disconnected from your chat session. To ensure the best support experience, please stay active in this chat window.

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Xbox Support, my name is Rene, I hope you are doing great today, how can I assist you?

cancel my XBox Live Gold subscription

Unfortunately, in the heat of the moment, I added my credit card number to my nephew's Xbox account.

I am unable to login to Xbox because my current Microsoft profile is not affiliated with this credit card

I should have paid my nephew cash for the subscription and had a parent enter their credit card to maintain the subscription.

There is no telephone number to remove my credit card number from the nephew's account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...or-turn-off-recurring-billing-for-subscriptio

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-subscriptio?fref=services_help_cancelSub

and these support links don't help b/c I don't have access to my nephew's account

HI and thanks for sharing all what happened at this time, I know you might fell frustrated for the situation

But I would love to do my best to see what can be done now that I am here with you.

So the subscription you want to cancel is you nephews subscription correct?

Yes. I was just billed $59.99 . I discovered this on my credit card statement

and no longer wish to pay for the subscription.

OK, is there a way we can get acces to his account?

These online support reference aren't helpful. It would be if I used my Xbox account to match with my credit card

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027815/microsoft-account-cancel-or-turn-off-recurring-billing-for-subscriptio

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-subscriptio?fref=services_help_cancelSub

Do you have his gamertag or email> that will be the easies way to go ahead and help you out with more steps

No. no way to contact my nephew. Family is going through a divorce.

and there family and religious issues afoot.

No. There is no means to contact my nephew.

No. None of the details. All I have is my credit card number to match the payment with the account

OK

So?

IN this case of course I want to help you out!.

but?

And I am trying to see any other step, what it is stoping us is the fact that we need to acces that account

to make sure we can request a refund for that charge

keeping the window open...

Sorry to insist is there a way we can access to your nephews account?

I understand the issue on the family side but I really want to help you. and it is the only way to do it. the other way is that you will need then to go to your bank to dispute the charge.

Here' s the plan: I will file fraud charges with the credit card company and if I go to the MSFT Shareholders meeting, I will yell and scream about this. Sounds like we've wrapped this up.

THat's really too bad because I enjoy the MSFT Dividends and typing from a surface tablet

So... the process is now up to the credit card company and I'll dispute the charge of $59.99. Have a good evening.

:)

2. DAZZA 433 Win User

I'm done with microsoft and xbox one

You have never been able to use your microsoft account balance to pay for a subscription and its likely this will never change, PayPal or credit card would be required or alternatively you can buy xbox live gold subscription cards from retailers.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

I have a problem with the purchase of Xbox Live Gold

It is because you cannot use currency in your account to pay for a subscription. The only ways you have ever been able to purchase Xbox Live Gold is with credit/debit card, Paypal or with a prepaid Gold subscription card. There has never been a way to
    use currency or points to buy Gold.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox one vouchers

No,you can't.

You would need a xbox live subscription card for 1,3 or 12 months or you can pay by credit/debit card or paypal.

Currency cards can't be used to pay for a xbox live gold subscription.
  5. Ratdoggg Win User

New Currency System

Why can't i use my account money to pay for a new subscription? Is it required to pay with a credit card or pre-paid gold membership card?
  6. Rylaker Win User

You answered your own question in your first sentence "I should have paid more attention..."

It's not microsoft's job to fix your error of putting your credit card on an account that you can't access. I would appreciate them trying to help you, and move on to disputing the charge, or just paying for it (your error) and cancelling the card.
Thema:

1. Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription - Similar Threads - Why never credit

2. Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?

in XBoX on Windows
    Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?: Why would I already have a screen name and 2 people in my contacts list that I don't know when I have never even used xbox live. My husband is thinking something "fishy" is going on because of...
  3. I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not?

in XBoX Rewards
    I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not?: I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not? I am missing the 400 gems that I will get from this. This badge is still greyed out in "MyChallenges" My Xbox Live membership has been...
  4. Why does Xbox not support CEC / ARC.. ??? If I had known I had never bought the xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox not support CEC / ARC.. ??? If I had known I had never bought the xbox x: I just installed my brand new Xbox X console, so I could play Red Dead Redemption 2. Only to come to the conclusion that you guys do not support Consumer Electronics Control ??? How is this...
  5. Xbox One X and other failures at launch - Why does Microsoft Xbox team never apologise to us?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One X and other failures at launch - Why does Microsoft Xbox team never apologise to us?: Xbox and Microsoft have decades of providing error riddled products and services, I won't bother mentioning them all, the list would be too long. Now take the latest Xbox One X, it has been over...
  6. I get the required number of bingos on the power cards but never receive the keys...why not.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get the required number of bingos on the power cards but never receive the keys...why not.: Several times I have gotten the required number of bingo on the power card but have never received the keys as the prize at the end of the community numbers required...how come?...
  7. why can I never connect to the server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can I never connect to the server?: Microsoft should get this problem fixed if they care. Happens every time I try to play. 5fed7d5d-0e22-493a-82a6-a2327ebfd0a7
  8. I never receive my community goal keys. Why Not? I have earned 100 keys several times

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I never receive my community goal keys. Why Not? I have earned 100 keys several times: Why dont I receive my community goal keys. I have earned 100 keys more than 10 times. What am I doing wrong. dae8af59-349b-49ba-947e-1ecc838e0e19
  9. Why I Will Never Buy Another Xbox, or Likely Even a Microsoft Product Again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I Will Never Buy Another Xbox, or Likely Even a Microsoft Product Again: Dear Xbox/Microsoft, Your product is garbage and I will never again be buying an Xbox console, Xbox game, and anything associated with Xbox. For a work assignment, I am currently living in a...
  10. Why do I never receive new follower notifications?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I never receive new follower notifications?: I never receive the notification when i get a new follower on my xbox. I have every notification setting turned on. I receive all other notifications except the new followers. Any answer as to how...