Why, if I never play online, do I need to update?

Discus and support Why, if I never play online, do I need to update? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why, if I never play online, do I need to update my Xbox One S for Netflix. It is literally the only thing I view online. Took 4 hours for a 556MB... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HazonWar, Jun 29, 2020.

1. HazonWar
    HazonWar Guest

Why, if I never play online, do I need to update my Xbox One S for Netflix. It is literally the only thing I view online. Took 4 hours for a 556MB download for the update. It's ridiculous! I didn't buy this console to use up my data every month. How about
    an option to update each app or game like Samsung and Google Play do? Is that really so hard? If this is what I have to look forward to in your next console, my answer is, "No thanks."

:)

HazonWar, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Tahj Win User

There may have been some bugs with different things that require it to update, for example. Watching Rick & Morty bugs out on Season 1 Episode 14, in regards to the console, it could freeze at any point due to improper code. You never know. You're definitely
    entitled to your opinion, but there was a reason for the update. Best of luck.
  3. TheElusive02 Win User

I think you need updates even if you play offline. some people just want to be online but still want the newest version of the application or game.
  4. themenace23 Win User

To have the required game updates happen and to have your achievements and such tracked is why the console needs updates
  5. Biggshow Win User

What if I never download system updates?

I mean, if you do not want to play online.. that's a different idea. Not sure why you would avoid these updates. But I also play a lot of online games.. so I need to download it all. As far as issues, I have never come across a problem on my One X.
  6. bowski477 Win User

Why do I need to

^ correct. You do not need to be signed in to view/read these forums. However if you want to post, you do need to be signed in.
Thema:

1. Why, if I never play online, do I need to update? - Similar Threads - Why never play

2. Why does my “most recent players” never show the most recent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my “most recent players” never show the most recent: Its been a issue that has been going on for months and with multiple games. I find a good squad but since I never have the most recent players in the list, well the squad is lost. Whats the issue...
  3. Why has ms never made a controller that either doesn’t have a guide button. Or the ability...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has ms never made a controller that either doesn’t have a guide button. Or the ability...: I have a small 2 year old who is obsessed with the xbox at the moment. He loves super luckys tale...( actually enjoying it myself) however he get annoyed when he presses the guide button and cant...
  4. Why do my textures never load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do my textures never load: i can play for 1 round or about twenty minutes but after that my textures stop working completely and it has been going on for the past 4 days so if i could get feedback it would be great...
  5. Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription: I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription. My credit card statement shows a renewed Xbox Live Gold subscription fee in...
  6. Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?

in XBoX on Windows
    Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?: Why would I already have a screen name and 2 people in my contacts list that I don't know when I have never even used xbox live. My husband is thinking something "fishy" is going on because of...
  7. I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not?

in XBoX Rewards
    I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not?: I never got my Golden God badge in MyChallenges? Why not? I am missing the 400 gems that I will get from this. This badge is still greyed out in "MyChallenges" My Xbox Live membership has been...
  8. Why does Xbox not support CEC / ARC.. ??? If I had known I had never bought the xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Xbox not support CEC / ARC.. ??? If I had known I had never bought the xbox x: I just installed my brand new Xbox X console, so I could play Red Dead Redemption 2. Only to come to the conclusion that you guys do not support Consumer Electronics Control ??? How is this...
  9. Xbox One X and other failures at launch - Why does Microsoft Xbox team never apologise to us?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One X and other failures at launch - Why does Microsoft Xbox team never apologise to us?: Xbox and Microsoft have decades of providing error riddled products and services, I won't bother mentioning them all, the list would be too long. Now take the latest Xbox One X, it has been over...
  10. Why I Will Never Buy Another Xbox, or Likely Even a Microsoft Product Again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I Will Never Buy Another Xbox, or Likely Even a Microsoft Product Again: Dear Xbox/Microsoft, Your product is garbage and I will never again be buying an Xbox console, Xbox game, and anything associated with Xbox. For a work assignment, I am currently living in a...